Focal Utopia General Discussion
Nov 8, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #1,186 of 20,602

Source?  Because the latest news I can find is:  http://www.reuters.com/article/us-focal-m-a-samsung-elec-idUSKCN12O0ZM

""The report from Financial news on acquisition of the French audio equipment maker, Focal, is not true,""

It is a new development reported today. I don't think it is widely public, but someone who has an inner connection reported it. More news will be coming soon.

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,190 of 20,602
B&W are sold to some Chinese firm...not seeing them being affected much?

In anyway am sure Focal will change hands. If Sammy waves his truck load of cash around, its hard to resist and for owners to cash out

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/english/news/ict/16285-future-business-samsung-electronics-seeks-acquire-french-audio-maker-focal

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #1,191 of 20,602
I never really paid attention to B&W as I've found their sound to be too forward and bright for my taste. Sonus Faber is one example of a company that got bought and is now spitting out products that are a shell of its former self. I hope that Focal does not fall into this same trap.

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,192 of 20,602
. Sonus Faber is one example of a company that got bought and is now spitting out products that are a shell of its former self. I hope that Focal does not fall into this same trap.

i hope this won't happen to Focal :< that would be too sad to watch :O

but they are too good to fall this easily, i hope they will maintain their products quality.

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #1,193 of 20,602
Hello,

We got this clarification from Focal France:

Message » 25 Oct 2016 09:31

Bonjour à tous,

L'information de presse qui circule à ce sujet est infondée.
Nous vous confirmons que Vervent n'a pas discuté avec Samsung d'un éventuel investissement, et nous ne ferons pas d'autres commentaires sur des spéculations ou rumeurs.

Merci à tous de votre compréhension,
Bonne journée !
Marine, Community Manager Focal
FOCAL-JMlab Officiel
PROFESSIONNEL

Focal Officiel
Pro-Fabricant

About Vervent:

In May, 2014, the Group Focal*Naim was resumed by NAXICAP Partners (main shareholder) AQUASOURCA and Garibaldi Participations accompanied by his managers' international team. NAXICAP Partners is a reference actor of the capital investment in France, with 1,6 billion euros of capital under management. Independent investment company stemming from private funds, Aquasourça, as for her, has already accompanied more than 90 companies in the the most varied sectors. Garibaldi Participations, finally, is a SCR wholly-owned subsidiary of the Popular Bank the Loire and Lyonnais. The new Group so formed was named Vervent Audio Group (VVAG).
Jacques Mahul, founder of Focal-JMlab who assured since 2010 the functions of Chairman of the Supervisory Board, will stay beside the Group.

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #1,194 of 20,602
B&W are sold to some Chinese firm...not seeing them being affected much?

In anyway am sure Focal will change hands. If Sammy waves his truck load of cash around, its hard to resist and for owners to cash out

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/english/news/ict/16285-future-business-samsung-electronics-seeks-acquire-french-audio-maker-focal

Where did you hear that crap?

"The vaunted audio brand Bowers & Wilkins has been acquired by Silicon Valley start-up Eva Automation, whose CEO Gideon Yu is president of the San Francisco 49ers and an unapologetic “geek that really loves audio/video, technology and sports,” he tells CE Pro."

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #1,195 of 20,602
I enjoy b & w zeppelin

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #1,196 of 20,602
Received my Utopia Lazuli Reference cable with Furutech carbon XLR connectors from Dana Cable today. 1st impression is very positive. Will spend more time and give it a conclusion. Very nice cable.

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,197 of 20,602
Received my Utopia Lazuli Reference cable with Furutech carbon XLR connectors from Dana Cable today. 1st impression is very positive. Will spend more time and give it a conclusion. Very nice cable.

Interesting cable, not at all cheap. Do keep us all posted :thumbsup:

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #1,198 of 20,602

"The vaunted audio brand Bowers & Wilkins has been acquired by Silicon Valley start-up Eva Automation, whose CEO Gideon Yu is president of the San Francisco 49ers and an unapologetic “geek that really loves audio/video, technology and sports,” he tells CE Pro."

Being bought out by the Chinese would actually mean the company has a future, since China is the manufacturing capital of the world, and the Chinese are serious audiophiles. Being bought out by a Silicon Valley start up where so many companies have negative cash flow and end up eating itself alive after fleecing all it's investors from the IPO...that's far worse news long term for the company than being bought out by China.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #1,199 of 20,602

Being bought out by the Chinese would actually mean the company has a future, since China is the manufacturing capital of the world, and the Chinese are serious audiophiles. Being bought out by a Silicon Valley start up where so many companies have negative cash flow and end up eating itself alive after fleecing all it's investors from the IPO...that's far worse news long term for the company than being bought out by China.

You might do a little research before you post. EVA is financed directly from Yu. Joe Atkins if now the CEO of the merged company. I don't think B&W is in trouble at all. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #1,200 of 20,602

i wish he stated his facts as "opinions" though :p but no xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back