Focal Utopia General Discussion
Sep 21, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #11,026 of 20,602
Not really. I think the Stellia warranty is less.
i think you're mistaken about that. hopefully someone in the stellia thread will confirm it for you or you could just contact focal via its website and get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #11,028 of 20,602
Well the warranty info is in the long brown leather wallet in the Stellia packaging. Still waiting for a reply though.
well feel free to report back once focal confirms that the stellia comes with a five year warranty

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #11,029 of 20,602
I got a used Utopia from the classifieds here last year and suddenly out of the blue, last Thursday the right driver stopped working. I have left several messages to the seller regarding invoice and the place he bought it from but he still hasn't replied... its been a long 4 days for me. Is there any other way to find out, like via serial number, who the dealer was and when it was purchased?

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #11,030 of 20,602
I got a used Utopia from the classifieds here last year and suddenly out of the blue, last Thursday the right driver stopped working. I have left several messages to the seller regarding invoice and the place he bought it from but he still hasn't replied... its been a long 4 days for me. Is there any other way to find out, like via serial number, who the dealer was and when it was purchased?

Did you contact Focal about this?

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #11,031 of 20,602
Did you contact Focal about this?

I'm assuming they'd need information on the invoice, or at least any information as to the purchase history of the unit before honoring the warranty. I haven't asked them if there was a work around and am still hoping for a reply from the seller I got them from last year. He seems active on the forums but has not replied to me, which is slightly concerning.

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #11,032 of 20,602
I'm assuming they'd need information on the invoice, or at least any information as to the purchase history of the unit before honoring the warranty. I haven't asked them if there was a work around and am still hoping for a reply from the seller I got them from last year. He seems active on the forums but has not replied to me, which is slightly concerning.

Contact Focal. The serial number will indicate its production date and Focal should have a record of which dealer received this model. I’m not sure how much help the dealer will be, especially if you don’t have the name of the original buyer. Good luck!

Sep 23, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #11,033 of 20,602
Contact Focal. The serial number will indicate its production date and Focal should have a record of which dealer received this model. I’m not sure how much help the dealer will be, especially if you don’t have the name of the original buyer. Good luck!

I sent them a message through their website just now. I hope that I manage to resolve the issue, given the new warranty policy they have on it. *fingers crossed*

On the other hand, very disappointed that the person who sold them to me seems to be dodgy and unresponsive. Any reply for information regarding how he himself acquired them, whether from a different person or a dealer, would have been a big help.

Sep 23, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #11,034 of 20,602
I sent them a message through their website just now. I hope that I manage to resolve the issue, given the new warranty policy they have on it. *fingers crossed*

On the other hand, very disappointed that the person who sold them to me seems to be dodgy and unresponsive. Any reply for information regarding how he himself acquired them, whether from a different person or a dealer, would have been a big help.

Best of luck. Seems Focal with its policy change on warranty wanted to dispel the notion the Utopia has chronic reliability issues by standing behind the product.

I generally only purchase new product, but on any occasion where I don’t, especially on an expensive item, I always ask for a copy of the receipt as a condition of the sale.

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #11,035 of 20,602
Best of luck. Seems Focal with its policy change on warranty wanted to dispel the notion the Utopia has chronic reliability issues by standing behind the product.

I generally only purchase new product, but on any occasion where I don’t, especially on an expensive item, I always ask for a copy of the receipt as a condition of the sale.

Yeah... I’ll practice the same moving forward. :) thanks!

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #11,036 of 20,602
Guys, is there a way I can make the Utpoia a little less bright without EQ? I put two pieces of toilet paper in the cup. I like it.
Sometimes I like super analytical, but when I want that warmness, is there can I do? Thank you!

Sep 24, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #11,037 of 20,602
warmness, get an lcd-4!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back