Focal Utopia General Discussion
Sep 13, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #19,831 of 20,635
Yes. Copper is warmer than silver or you could say silver is brighter than copper. These are the 2 traits I have noticed between Norne Drause/stock copper vs. Gladiator Silver cables.
My exacy same experience between Komber axios cu and a silver Lavricables Grand

Sep 13, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #19,832 of 20,635
I think in majority of cases regards differences between cables can be written to users confirmation bias. Big problem is the time gap between tests as you have to swap cables & put your headphones back again.

I've done my fair play with various cables and the only time when I thought difference could actually exist was with A8000 which is very sensitive IEM. Going between cheap aliexpress and final OFC silver one for 500$ I thought that expensive cable sounds more detailed and faster....but than the next day I heard no difference and my partner whom I annoy sometimes with all the audio stuff just to make sure I'm not going mental, she said that it's bonkers and she can't tell anything apart.

In some cases cable did made a difference as USB-C for Mojo DAC. My source is noisy so I guess upgraded cable simply isolated power line from data better thus giving me blacker background. One thing for sure none of the cables will transform your sound into something new, it's just users overhyped with their purchases. If you are looking to shift the sound of Utopia and $$$ is burning your pockets, person should focus on source instead. There at least you could actually yield an audible differences

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #19,833 of 20,635
I think in majority of cases regards differences between cables can be written to users confirmation bias. Big problem is the time gap between tests as you have to swap cables & put your headphones back again.

I've done my fair play with various cables and the only time when I thought difference could actually exist was with A8000 which is very sensitive IEM. Going between cheap aliexpress and final OFC silver one for 500$ I thought that expensive cable sounds more detailed and faster....but than the next day I heard no difference and my partner whom I annoy sometimes with all the audio stuff just to make sure I'm not going mental, she said that it's bonkers and she can't tell anything apart.

In some cases cable did made a difference as USB-C for Mojo DAC. My source is noisy so I guess upgraded cable simply isolated power line from data better thus giving me blacker background. One thing for sure none of the cables will transform your sound into something new, it's just users overhyped with their purchases. If you are looking to shift the sound of Utopia and $$$ is burning your pockets, person should focus on source instead. There at least you could actually yield an audible differences
Your wife should be similarly annoyed like mu dude is...

Not even a week with my Utopia and ge discovered the hidden "mummy" 🤣🤣 Damn we got into a fight because he said i lie to him, he barked divorce talk to which i only said alleluia baby.

All the effort to wibd and ubwibd the cable and stire thwm in their focal case,,, he said yeah the other day while grabbing a jacket a Focal case rolled from alone out of the wardrobe... i was wich focal case??? But inside me oh sh** yiles!

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #19,834 of 20,635
Well i received reply from Focal germany regarding my inquiry.

1. The utopia 2020 i bought is authentic. The Serial number matches one of focal products.

2. Warranty in EU is only 2 years and can't be extended any further.

IMG_7970.jpeg

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #19,836 of 20,635
Well i received reply from Focal germany regarding my inquiry.

1. The utopia 2020 i bought is authentic. The Serial number matches one of focal products.

2. Warranty in EU is only 2 years and can't be extended any further.

I think this refer to the reseller warranty but Focal offers a 5 years warranty (when buying by a official reseller), but you need to register your headphones by Focal in order to get the extended warranty.

I am also located in Germany but I bought my Utopias in the Netherlands. I registered my Utopias here https://www.focal.com/en/product-registration and I got a certificate for 5 years warranty. It looks like this: On the right, your personal data and date of purchase, on the left the reseller.

1694617733182.png

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #19,837 of 20,635
I think this refer to the reseller warranty but Focal offers a 5 years warranty (when buying by a official reseller), but you need to register your headphones by Focal in order to get the extended warranty.

I am also located in Germany but I bought my Utopias in the Netherlands. I registered my Utopias here https://www.focal.com/en/product-registration and I got a certificate for 5 years warranty. It looks like this: On the right, your personal data and date of purchase, on the left the reseller.

1694617733182.png

Thanks. I'll try it... i don't hold any hopes as i bought them from eBay. But i have original invoice from Audio-forum berlin

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #19,838 of 20,635
Lots of credit card companies (at least in N. America) offer warranty extension over the period offered by the retailer. If you used a credit card for the purchase, this would be worth looking into.

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #19,839 of 20,635

1694617733182.png
Ok, i successfully registered my Utopias, but i don't see any clue as to an extension

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #19,840 of 20,635
Ok, i successfully registered my Utopias, but i don't see any clue as to an extension
You should get two emails back....one about your registration and one with the warranty certificate as pdf. In my case there was like 20 min difference

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #19,842 of 20,635
You should get two emails back....one about your registration and one with the warranty certificate as pdf. In my case there was like 20 min difference
Ok thanks. Saw the warranty. Already on the certificate. 60 month

Sep 13, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #19,845 of 20,635
That's not very transparent of Focal. 5 year warranty if you know to register them, otherwise 2-3 years depending on the country of residence.

I bought mine refurbished from an authorized seller, I'll see if I can register for the 5 year warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back