Focal Utopia 2022 Review, Measurements
Aug 3, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #1,201 of 1,972
Because they don’t compete with the Utopia. They’re a slightly better hd650/600/6xx/660S/660S V2, if that’s your preference. Everything else is just fanboyism, hyperbole, fluff, etc.
...until you actually put one on your head, using the best electronics available to you (cable always on the right, the drivers are off-centered and inclined). I also use two fine pairs of HD-650 and there is simply NO comparison, very different classes.

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #1,202 of 1,972
...until you actually put one on your head, using the best electronics available to you (cable always on the right, the drivers are off-centered and inclined). I also use two fine pairs of HD-650 and there is simply NO comparison, very different classes.
Please give it a rest. You’re talking about tuning. In addition to good tuning, the Utopia uses driver technology that far exceeds the recycled HD series drivers in the Neumann. There is NO comparison. But if you really believe they’re comparable, then why are you perusing the Utopia thread? Shouldn’t your journey be over?

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #1,203 of 1,972
Please give it a rest. You’re talking about tuning. In addition to good tuning, the Utopia uses driver technology that far exceeds the recycled HD series drivers in the Neumann. There is NO comparison. But if you really believe they’re comparable, then why are you perusing the Utopia thread? Shouldn’t your journey be over?
I have the right to contribute responsibly my impressions here, related to the thread. That is what I did in my first post #1190, writing only about the Clear MG vs Utopia 2022. I avoided mentioning the NDH 30, but two members asked/commented about it because it was included in my listening test, (in the link that I gave). It was not me who wrote about it here! Please decide if you like your posts answered or not when you ask or write about other headphones. You seem to prefer monologues...

On the other hand you are missing crucial information about developments in other parts of the modern headphone world. No need to say that you comment about a premium headphone without ever having listened to it. Quite responsible, at least!

Anyway, I will not apologize again to anyone exhibiting this kind of behavior.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #1,204 of 1,972
I have the right to contribute responsibly my impressions here, related to the thread. That is what I did in my first post #1190, writing only about the Clear MG vs Utopia 2022. I avoided mentioning the NDH 30, but two members asked/commented about it because it was included in my listening test, (in the link that I gave). It was not me who wrote about it here! Please decide if you like your posts answered or not when you ask or write about other headphones. You seem to prefer monologues...

On the other hand you are missing crucial information about developments in other parts of the modern headphone world. No need to say that you comment about a premium headphone without ever having listened to it. Quite responsible, at least!

Anyway, I will not apologize again to anyone exhibiting this kind of behavior.
Who said I’ve never heard it?

You’re claiming a headphone that costs less than $650 and is using an old, repurposed driver, is in the same league as a headphone that retails for $5000. If you really believed that, then why would you be so interested in a headphone that is ridiculously overpriced compared to its performance? If I heard a headphone that could do what the Utopia does, but cost less than $650, I’d snatch it up and never look back. Alas, that doesn’t exist for me.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #1,205 of 1,972
Don’t think NDH30 sounds better than Utopia 2022. Utopia 2022 is the best dynamic cans on the market today. NDH30 competes with Clear, IMO

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #1,207 of 1,972
Don’t think NDH30 sounds better than Utopia 2022. Utopia 2022 is the best dynamic cans on the market today. NDH30 competes with Clear, IMO
I went to that shop with my card in hand, ready to upgrade from NDH 30 to Clear MG (or MG Pro). It didn't happen. After almost 2 hours of listening the NDH 30 was clearly between the two Focals for my hearing, closer to the Utopia 2022. I almost fell in love with the Utopia for its smoothness and the effortless character. The NDH 30 was a bit less smooth but my interest for the Clear was totally lost as it was (unexpectedly) outperformed by the NDH 30 in quite a few ways.

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #1,208 of 1,972
I am waiting for my 2022 to get here. Should be phenomenal on CFA3 and Linn Klimax. 2022 already sounded pretty good at the store on my phone :sweat_smile:

Aug 5, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #1,209 of 1,972
20230805_190553.jpg

I've had 2022 Utopia now for about 2 months, with Naim Uniti Atom HE and a now a corpse cable. These things are mind blowingly good, definitely a splurge but it's still hard to fathom that this level of sound reproduction is possible at this price.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 10:31 AM Post #1,210 of 1,972
As mentioned earlier, the Utopia is now on sale as of August 7th and most dealers have updated their websites today with a 20% discount.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #1,211 of 1,972
What is the current sentiment of the 2022 owners re keeping their cans past the 5yr warranty period?

Aug 7, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #1,214 of 1,972
What is the current sentiment of the 2022 owners re keeping their cans past the 5yr warranty period?
For most owners, the decision to keep is based more on the release of a new flagship headphone ahead of plunging resale values. I suspect Focal resolved the reliability issues so resale values and keeping the Utopia 2022 beyond five years is probably less of an issue.

Aug 7, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,215 of 1,972
Thanks stranger. Just got my order in. My dealer got me comfortable with after sale service and they will back me up if anything goes wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back