Focal Utopia 2022 Review, Measurements
Jul 27, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #1,126 of 1,971
It’s a very odd scenario because they are on backorder. If true, I suspect dealers are stating any Utopia 2022 purchases before August 7th are final sale so they don’t have to credit the difference.
I have been with my dealer for a long time and it's a "hand-shake" deal until the start of the sale.

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #1,127 of 1,971
I have been with my dealer for a long time and it's a "hand-shake" deal until the start of the sale.
Yes, but you’re not going to receive the headphone until late September or November. That is the timeline multiple dealers have confirmed by reviewing Focal’s ordering system. I’m not sure how many customers are interested in essentially giving Focal a cash advance.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #1,128 of 1,971
Yes, but you’re not going to receive the headphone until late September or November. That is the timeline multiple dealers have confirmed by reviewing Focal’s ordering system. I’m not sure how many customers are interested in essentially giving Focal a cash advance.
I get what you mean now. Utopias are back ordered and I don’t mind the wait. Hopefully my order will go out the first thing on the 7th.

Jul 27, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #1,129 of 1,971
Can you tell us which dealers are on back order? I’ve looked at some of the main online sellers and all show in-stock, ready to ship.

Jul 27, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #1,130 of 1,971
Anyone else have a Focal Clear Mg?

I feel like going from it to Utopia is like going from 1440p to 4k. It's such a big difference, and the Utopia has this smoothness, where the Clear is sometimes a tad grainy/bitty/harsh, Utopia is just smooth as a lake on a windless day. I think the difference between these headphones is underplayed a lot in comparisons

Jul 27, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #1,132 of 1,971
Can you tell us which dealers are on back order? I’ve looked at some of the main online sellers and all show in-stock, ready to ship.
Focal is said to be backordered. I have no way to tell you what dealers across the entire United States have them in stock.

Jul 27, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #1,133 of 1,971
Focal is said to be backordered. I have no way to tell you what dealers across the entire United States have them in stock.
Yes, and you mentioned multiple dealers confirmed this in a previous post. You also mentioned August 7th as some important date, between those two you are alluding to something. So what is it?

Jul 27, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #1,134 of 1,971
Yes, and you mentioned multiple dealers confirmed this in a previous post. You also mentioned August 7th as some important date, between those two you are alluding to something. So what is it?
I don’t work for Focal. However, a dealer provided me this information and they recommended not placing an order until August 7th because of a change in pricing. @chesebert seems to have corroborated that with another dealer. Beyond that I cant help you.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #1,136 of 1,971
I don’t work for Focal. However, a dealer provided me this information and they recommended not placing an order until August 7th because of a change in pricing. @chesebert seems to have corroborated that with another dealer. Beyond that I cant help you.

Not asking for your help, asking you to better explain a prior post where you seem to allude to some inside knowledge you have. Now you are deflecting, and changing from multiple dealers to one dealer.

As a reminder here is what you posted earlier:

As an aside, there may or may not be an impending announcement from Focal— in addition to Adorama’s sale, another dealer mentioned “August 7th” and that their remaining Utopia 2022 inventory is final sale. I should also note, the Utopia 2022 is now backordered until September according to multiple dealers. Given the recent release of the Utopia 2022, I have no reason to believe a new model or price reduction will be announced nor do I have any way to validate the dealer’s statements.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,137 of 1,971
I feel like going from it to Utopia is like going from 1440p to 4k. It's such a big difference, and the Utopia has this smoothness, where the Clear is sometimes a tad grainy/bitty/harsh, Utopia is just smooth as a lake on a windless day. I think the difference between these headphones is underplayed a lot in comparisons
Yes, I had a Clear MG when I got the Utopia. Agree that it is a very nice improvement and worth the extra cost IMO. I liked the MG a lot but in comparison it has a dark treble and more shouty mid range. The Utopia is much less fatiguing and better resolution across the board.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #1,138 of 1,971
This close to getting a Utopia 2022, but I might wait for the Stellia 2023 instead...
As someone who's owned both, there is no contest. Utopia is in a totally different league to Stellia and is a much more impressive listen. But it's open, £1600 more expensive too, so that's to be expected.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #1,139 of 1,971
Yes, I had a Clear MG when I got the Utopia. Agree that it is a very nice improvement and worth the extra cost IMO. I liked the MG a lot but in comparison it has a dark treble and more shouty mid range. The Utopia is much less fatiguing and better resolution across the board.
You're right on the mid range. What's really telling to me is when I play guitar through my Mac and use amp sims, I used the Clear recently and it was off, I actually found it kind of uncomfortable to us, high strings just sounded piercing and a bit harsh.

Back to Utopia. All smoothed over. all better.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #1,140 of 1,971
Not asking for your help, asking you to better explain a prior post where you seem to allude to some inside knowledge you have. Now you are deflecting, and changing from multiple dealers to one dealer.

As a reminder here is what you posted earlier:

As an aside, there may or may not be an impending announcement from Focal— in addition to Adorama’s sale, another dealer mentioned “August 7th” and that their remaining Utopia 2022 inventory is final sale. I should also note, the Utopia 2022 is now backordered until September according to multiple dealers. Given the recent release of the Utopia 2022, I have no reason to believe a new model or price reduction will be announced nor do I have any way to validate the dealer’s statements.
Again, I don’t work for Focal. That was the limited information provided by dealers respecting the embargo— one confirmed the August 7th date and multiple confirmed the backorder status. And since then a second dealer confirmed the August 7th date is related to pricing. You can either do your own research or wait until that date— but you have me confused as someone that cares and I can’t help you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back