Focal Utopia 2022 Review, Measurements
Jul 26, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #1,111 of 1,972
It’s impressive they managed to design a $1,600 headband and the carbon fiber yokes(s) add at least another $500.
I think tossing out the broken pair and pay 2700 for a brand new pair would be the better deal (if the same thing were to happen now):relieved:

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #1,113 of 1,972
Adorama shipment came in today. Manufacturers box was unsealed? Hope it wasn't a returned unit. Otherwise the cans look pristine.

Listened to "Thriller" and "Get Lucky". Looking forward to many more hours!

For those who received their cans new, how is the clamp force? Mine are surprisingly loose for my large head. My stellias meanwhile were much tighter which I preferred due to their closed back nature.

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #1,114 of 1,972
Adorama shipment came in today. Manufacturers box was unsealed? Hope it wasn't a returned unit. Otherwise the cans look pristine.

For those who received their cans new, how is the clamp force? Mine are surprisingly loose for my large head. My stellias meanwhile were much tighter which I preferred due to their closed back nature.
By definition, that would be “open-box” and both Adorama and Focal are backordered so a return would not make sense.

As an aside, there may or may not be an impending announcement from Focal— in addition to Adorama’s sale, another dealer mentioned “August 7th” and that their remaining Utopia 2022 inventory is final sale. I should also note, the Utopia 2022 is now backordered until September according to multiple dealers. Given the recent release of the Utopia 2022, I have no reason to believe a new model or price reduction will be announced nor do I have any way to validate the dealer’s statements.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #1,115 of 1,972

My ‘22 has more clamp than either of my friends’ OG, and a tiny bit more than my Stellia.

Jul 27, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #1,117 of 1,972
By definition, that would be “open-box” and both Adorama and Focal are backordered so a return would not make sense.

As an aside, there may or may not be an impending announcement from Focal— in addition to Adorama’s sale, another dealer mentioned “August 7th” and that their remaining Utopia 2022 inventory is final sale. I should also note, the Utopia 2022 is now backordered until September according to multiple dealers. Given the recent release of the Utopia 2022, I have no reason to believe a new model or price reduction will be announced nor do I have any way to validate the dealer’s statements.
I will ping my usual dealer. If I can pick up a copy for Adorama price from my dealer that could make sense.

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #1,118 of 1,972
I will ping my usual dealer. If I can pick up a copy for Adorama price from my dealer that could make sense.

Based on my knowledge about focal, to give discount more than 35% to a (relatively) new product is purely impossible. Unless, of course, the dealer is desperate for cash and willing to sell Utopia despite losing money.

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #1,119 of 1,972
Based on my knowledge about focal, to give discount more than 35% to a (relatively) new product is purely impossible. Unless, of course, the dealer is desperate for cash and willing to sell Utopia despite losing money.
you are in a different market. See @iDesign ’s earlier post.

Jul 27, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #1,121 of 1,972

Thank you so much for the heads-up. I was able to secure a 2022 copy with my dealer at a reasonable price in the upcoming sale.

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,122 of 1,972
Thank you so much for the heads-up. I was able to secure a 2022 copy with my dealer at a reasonable price in the upcoming sale.
reasonable price closer to what Adorama offered? asking for a friend:)

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #1,123 of 1,972
reasonable price closer to what Adorama offered? asking for a friend:)
I am not permitted to disclose anything, except the price is higher than the Adorama price :wink:and I technically cannot complete the purchase until the 7th :sweat_smile:

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #1,124 of 1,972
I am not permitted to disclose anything, except the price is higher than the Adorama price :wink:and I technically cannot complete the purchase until the 7th :sweat_smile:
It’s a very odd scenario because they are on backorder. If true, I suspect dealers are stating any Utopia 2022 purchases before August 7th are final sale so they don’t have to credit the difference.

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #1,125 of 1,972
Also, a positive news on the warranty service part. I learned that Focal has set up a repair center in NY for just the headphones. Post-sale service and timely repair is very important to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back