Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jan 15, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #4,413 of 4,488
Ι've heard the Clear Pro not the MG and it had a bit wider more open soundstage and was more neutral.Stellia is noticeably more detailed,faster due to beryllium driver with better imaging and sweeter treble but Pro had a bit more extension.Stellia needs more care with equipment despite the 35 ohms or the mid bass hump may be excessive for some and excels with high end Daps.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #4,414 of 4,488
Yes, also the OG, but no longer own either. Stellia is much better IMO. I have been through all Focal headphones except the Utopia and sold them all off except the Stellia which I doubt I will ever sell.

I’ve always wanted the Stellia’s & there is a good offer on at the moment. I can’t keep buying headphones, though !
Yep. Clear MG more bombastic, Stellia more refined and elegantly detailed.

I’ve been searching for a specific word & bombastic, sums it up perfectly ! It’s a bit too much, at times & i still find the highs, a little to shrill. Of course, that could just be down to the recording of the music ?? I think Focal headphones probably highlight good production & not so good production.

Refined & elegant detail, is what I’m ultimately searching for !
Ι've heard the Clear Pro not the MG and it had a bit wider more open soundstage and was more neutral.Stellia is noticeably more detailed,faster due to beryllium driver with better imaging and sweeter treble but Pro had a bit more extension.Stellia needs more care with equipment despite the 35 ohms or the mid bass hump may be excessive for some and excels with high end Daps.

Thank you for your feedback. Helpful.

Jan 15, 2024 at 10:16 AM Post #4,415 of 4,488
Does anyone own these & the Focal Clear MG’s ? If so, how do they compare ?
I did. Stellia has some magic sauce, it's the mixture of detail and tonality, it sounds so much smoother than the Clear to me. It's much better, so much so that I had Clear and demoed Stellia and was 'wowed' so to speak.
Of course, open back is nice too. Although these days I prefer closed anyway hearing other people in the house moving about and whatnot. If I was given a Stellia or Clear Mg I'd choose Stellia without hesitation based on sound alone.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:39 AM Post #4,416 of 4,488
I’m selling mine, if anyone is interested:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/focal-stellia.60655/

I think I will regret this decision… I really enjoy the Stellia with Mojo 2 was great and with AK SE300 unbelievable, but I get a lot of complains at home from the sound leakage.

Jan 15, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #4,417 of 4,488
Jan 15, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #4,418 of 4,488
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #4,419 of 4,488
I did. Stellia has some magic sauce, it's the mixture of detail and tonality, it sounds so much smoother than the Clear to me. It's much better, so much so that I had Clear and demoed Stellia and was 'wowed' so to speak.
Of course, open back is nice too. Although these days I prefer closed anyway hearing other people in the house moving about and whatnot. If I was given a Stellia or Clear Mg I'd choose Stellia without hesitation based on sound alone.

Thanks for your feedback. I also prefer closed back & have always wanted to buy the Stellia’s. I bought the MG’s during Black Friday week. I’m not disappointed with them, but it’s a confusing experience in a way. They are like nothing I’ve heard before & other times, they just seem too much !

As i posted, there’s a deal now, for the Stellia’s. Timing !!!

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #4,420 of 4,488
I’ve had many headphones over the years. I purchased the Stellia’s a year ago. I have them hooked up to the
FiiO K9 Pro ESS. I’ve stopped shopping for anything better, because I don’t believe anything better exists. The Stellia’s are in my estimation the most precise and accurate you could ever hope for. Simply amazing sound quality.

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:34 AM Post #4,421 of 4,488
Anyone have any ideas for an alternative headphone storage case? I purchased a headband cover for my Stellia's to protect the headband from wear, however, the Stellia now won't fit in its carrying case.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #4,422 of 4,488
Hi, can a Stellia owner look at these pads and tell me are they stock? I'm confused because some pictures I see of Stellia the pads look brown, and others they look black?

Screenshot_20240201_192536_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240203_213542_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240203_213554_eBay.jpg

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #4,423 of 4,488
Hi, can a Stellia owner look at these pads and tell me are they stock? I'm confused because some pictures I see of Stellia the pads look brown, and others they look black?

Screenshot_20240201_192536_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240203_213542_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240203_213554_eBay.jpg
Looks like mine. Fabric and brown leather on the inside, dark dark brown on the outside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back