Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 26, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #4,082 of 4,488
Future Stellia owner here. Currently using Celestee and LCDi4. I’m hoping the Stellia will preserve the dynamics and separation of the Celestee while giving me the detail resolution of the LCDi4. Since grabbing Celestee last week, the i4 is dead to me. It will get sold.
hows the celestee? heard mixed reviews about them so im still on the fence, might grab radiance though

Dec 26, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #4,083 of 4,488
hows the celestee? heard mixed reviews about them so im still on the fence, might grab radiance though
Celestee is dynamic and very involving. I like it a lot. Lots of meat on the bone in the sound (tonal mass) and very hood isolation. I reckon Focal nailed it. A vast improvement over Elegia. In three days it’s displaced the i4 as my favourite, and has made me want a Stellia to see how much more there is to hear.

Dec 27, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #4,084 of 4,488
Celestee is dynamic and very involving. I like it a lot. Lots of meat on the bone in the sound (tonal mass) and very hood isolation. I reckon Focal nailed it. A vast improvement over Elegia. In three days it’s displaced the i4 as my favourite, and has made me want a Stellia to see how much more there is to hear.
I wonder if i should pull the trigger or try to audition one first. Its currently on sale here for 470 usd though. How much did you got yours?

Dec 27, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #4,086 of 4,488
From my experience, having been keen on the Celestee and wanting to compare it to the Elegia, I made the (expensive) mistake of trying the Stellia in the shop. Once I listened side-by-side, I couldn’t believe the difference and honestly couldn’t go back. I’m sure after a few days the “cheaper” option would have sounded great again, but I would have know what could have been. If you have the budget for it, and think you might try it in the future anyway, maybe try the Stellia first, just to avoid any future regrets. The difference is striking.

Dec 27, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #4,087 of 4,488
From my experience, having been keen on the Celestee and wanting to compare it to the Elegia, I made the (expensive) mistake of trying the Stellia in the shop. Once I listened side-by-side, I couldn’t believe the difference and honestly couldn’t go back. I’m sure after a few days the “cheaper” option would have sounded great again, but I would have know what could have been. If you have the budget for it, and think you might try it in the future anyway, maybe try the Stellia first, just to avoid any future regrets. The difference is striking.
Thanks!

Dec 27, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #4,088 of 4,488
USD 470? For a new set? I’d pull the trigger on that too. The Celestee are damn good. Stellia’s can still be hard to get in this part of the world and prices are many times that. Here in Singapore the Stellia are going for +S$4000! FYI - the Celestee are about S$1400 here.

Dec 27, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #4,089 of 4,488
USD 470? For a new set? I’d pull the trigger on that too. The Celestee are damn good. Stellia’s can still be hard to get in this part of the world and prices are many times that. Here in Singapore the Stellia are going for +S$4000! FYI - the Celestee are about S$1400 here.
aw thats steep. yes 470 for a new set. I was going to pull the trigger for radiance at 750 dollars but it got sold out real quick.

Dec 28, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #4,091 of 4,488
My Stellia had some very minor creaking. Adding this to the edges of the metal slides completely and permanently eliminated the noise.

1671975876154.png
Thanks - mine has started to creak a bit too - I can sit still, but if it is to be fixed, then....:beerchug:

Dec 29, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #4,092 of 4,488
You’re in Australia? Me to. 😉
Honestly, I feel like it’s an incredible bargain at the price we’re being offered.
Are you guys referring to the Addicted to Audio price on the Celestee?

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #4,094 of 4,488
That's where I got my Stellia from (had an offer au$3,000 down from au$4,500 at the time). Tempted by the Celestee as an office pair.

Dec 29, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #4,095 of 4,488
That's where I got my Stellia from (had an offer au$3,000 down from au$4,500 at the time). Tempted by the Celestee as an office pair.
Go for it, the Celestee are pretty dang good. I owned the Stellia's for a stint and outside of extreme technicalities that the beryllium driver provide, the Celestee are more than capable performers. I'm really enjoying my set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back