Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Oct 6, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #4,068 of 4,488
Pretty much this. No matter what I tried, Diana V2, VC, even Susvara, I kept thinking about Stellia.

6 months with this femme fatale now and I am a bit annoyed, at the fact the whole diminishing returns malarky is a myth. I want to spend less on headphones, and ship them off, but I just can't. They really are that much better than the 1kish closed backs. It's remarkable how they've pulled this much performance from a closed back.

Makes me interested in the upcoming closed back wireless offering from Focal. I wonder if it will inherit some Stellia DNA for on the go.

Pretty much this for me. I finally made my way up to the Stellia and now don't really care if I listen to anything else. I also own a pair of Kennerton Rognir Dynamics that I really enjoy listening to, but I always seem to reach for the Stellia and almost have to make myself use the RDs. The only problem with this now that I've moved office spaces and can use open backs again, is I'm quite intrigued by the Utopias...which my wallet is not so excited about.

Oct 9, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #4,069 of 4,488
Pretty much this for me. I finally made my way up to the Stellia and now don't really care if I listen to anything else. I also own a pair of Kennerton Rognir Dynamics that I really enjoy listening to, but I always seem to reach for the Stellia and almost have to make myself use the RDs. The only problem with this now that I've moved office spaces and can use open backs again, is I'm quite intrigued by the Utopias...which my wallet is not so excited about.
This hobby is hard on a wallet.

Dec 15, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #4,070 of 4,488
I recently received a gently used pair and love them! Incredible transparency and details, plus they are very comfortable. I would have balked at paying $3,000, but $1780 made them more appealing! The stock cable is rather microphonic, but only if I rub the Y' splitter, which I don't tend to do while listening! :)
1671139168555.png

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #4,071 of 4,488
Hmm...for some reason I can't change my profile picture to the Stellias. I deleted the Sennheisers and uploaded a new image, which shows during the editing process, but the old image still comes up.

Dec 15, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #4,073 of 4,488
That's odd. Well, at least it's working for others!

Dec 16, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #4,076 of 4,488
I had the Stellia couple years ago but I traded them for Kennerton Rögnir. Well, the Rögnir are gone and I am getting the Stellia back again. There’s just something addictive about their sound that no other headphone has been alle to do. I think that my collection with the Empyrean as my open-back and the Stellia as my closed-back is done.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #4,077 of 4,488
I had the Stellia couple years ago but I traded them for Kennerton Rögnir. Well, the Rögnir are gone and I am getting the Stellia back again. There’s just something addictive about their sound that no other headphone has been alle to do. I think that my collection with the Empyrean as my open-back and the Stellia as my closed-back is done.
the kennerton stuff imo is just meh

Dec 25, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #4,078 of 4,488
My Stellias has plenty of creaking in the headband. Anyone got theirs exchanged by Focal or just out some ptfe-spray on the yokes as a remedy?

Dec 25, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #4,079 of 4,488
My Stellias has plenty of creaking in the headband. Anyone got theirs exchanged by Focal or just out some ptfe-spray on the yokes as a remedy?
My Stellia had some very minor creaking. Adding this to the edges of the metal slides completely and permanently eliminated the noise.

1671975876154.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back