Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Aug 16, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #4,021 of 4,488
I thought I read somewhere but can't seem to find it now...how are people solving the creaking in the headband on the Stellia?

Aug 16, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #4,022 of 4,488
I bought some DuPont dry-film lubricant from Amazon. You can spray it in the gap where the earcups attach to the metal band. This will eliminate any creaking.

Don't use too much. I made that mistake and some of the inside plastic film came off!

Sep 11, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #4,024 of 4,488
Hello friends

I am looking for a portable DAC/AMP for my Stellias. I was thinking of the Quedtyle M15, Cayin RU6 or the Mojo 2. Any recommendations?

Thank you.
I use the Sony NW-WM1A (bought pre-owned) and have been very happy with that. The customizable firmware options (using Mr. Walkman’s firmware) is really something, too.

Sep 11, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #4,025 of 4,488
Hello friends

I am looking for a portable DAC/AMP for my Stellias. I was thinking of the Quedtyle M15, Cayin RU6 or the Mojo 2. Any recommendations?

Thank you.
I can vouch for the Mojo 2 with the Stellia - much better synergy than the Mojo 1 had to my mind

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #4,026 of 4,488
Hello friends

Thank you.
I use the iFi iDSD Diablo as a portable solution with the Stellia. When comparing this to my desktop solid state amps the biggest difference I notice in the sound is slightly less bass punch on the Diablo.

Sep 11, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #4,027 of 4,488
I can vouch for the Mojo 2 with the Stellia - much better synergy than the Mojo 1 had to my mind
Yeah, the Mojo 1 and Stellia is not a good combo, neither is the Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt. The iFi Micro iDSD Signature isn't perfect either but of the portable stuff I have it works the best.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #4,031 of 4,488
Yeah, the Mojo 1 and Stellia is not a good combo, neither is the Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt. The iFi Micro iDSD Signature isn't perfect either but of the portable stuff I have it works the best.
The Mojo 1 or 2 alone powering the Stellia's is too much of a good thing. When I had them, I was using the Mojo 2 feeding the Cayin C9. The pairing was brilliant.

Sep 11, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #4,035 of 4,488
Hello friends. Im seeing a great deal for a used Stellia. Id like to know does it push music like this very hard without problems. I have Elear now and its a little bit meh. Its not terrible but a bit shy and not radical enough. How is Stellia with this? Ty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back