Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jul 23, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #4,006 of 4,499
Yes, they are more comfortable for me, I wear glasses and because they are a little bigger and stronger than the original stellia, I can keep them on my ear for a longer time.
Otherwise, there are more attachments from DEkoni, even for stellia, for example Dekoni Stellia LTD.

Jul 23, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #4,009 of 4,499
For the cable believers...what upgrade wires/cables compliment the Focal Stellia sound? Copper, silver, hybrid? Recommendations? Thanks in advance.
My experience has been good with a couple of Norne Audio fusion (copper/silver mix) cables. I could swap back to their all-copper version and see how that works & let you know.

What amp/source do you have, and is there any particular sound signature you lean towards? Or are you looking for a very neutral cable?

Jul 23, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #4,012 of 4,499
@AudioDuck Yes I'm familiar with Trevor and Norne Audio...great stuff. Got a Vygarde for my Elegia. Not looking to alter the Focal house sound too much on the Stellia. Just want something more flexible with better ergonomics as I've come to know the Focal cables suck. Thanks.
Glad you already have experience with Norne, those are my reference cables. I found a pre-owned Einvaldi Reference that works well with the Stellia, but Trevor can’t produce them now at a customer-friendly price due to OCC silver costs. Trevor is very knowledgeable about the Stellia, so if your budget allows, you could email him.

One option for really good budget cables that I feel have been pretty neutral is the Audiophile Ninja cables- https://www.audiophileninja.com/product/focal-hifiman-dual-3-5mm/ .

Jul 23, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #4,013 of 4,499
Yes, they are more comfortable for me, I wear glasses and because they are a little bigger and stronger than the original stellia, I can keep them on my ear for a longer time.
Otherwise, there are more attachments from DEkoni, even for stellia, for example Dekoni Stellia LTD.
Very helpful to know. Thanks
You can also harvest the attachment rings (even cheap $10-15 3D printed rings from eBay/Aliexpress) and use for some of the other pads out there. I have largish ears compared to some and have found comfort in some Kennerton ECL-01 in brown to match.

Jul 25, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #4,014 of 4,499
Got the original Stellia pads, after my left pad's skin started to seriously tear and both pads became too soft and did not provide the requied sealing.
The sound improvment is noticable due to the regained sealing. Comfort remains.
It was quite expensive, but from what I'v read, it surpasses SQ provided with the cheaper Dekoni's.

Jul 27, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #4,015 of 4,499
For the cable believers...what upgrade wires/cables compliment the Focal Stellia sound? Copper, silver, hybrid? Recommendations? Thanks in advance.
I started with a silver (Signum+) but have now upgraded to an Integra (hybrid copper silver) with an XLR -> really nice:beyersmile:
To believe or not your ears - and watch your wallet.....

Edit: Both from Arctic Cables

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #4,016 of 4,499
Controversial take perhaps, but does anyone else prefer the bass response of the Clear OG to the Stellia? Have been enjoying my Stellia lots but I do find the mid bass on the Clear more satisfying and impactful.

Aug 8, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #4,017 of 4,499
Controversial take perhaps, but does anyone else prefer the bass response of the Clear OG to the Stellia? Have been enjoying my Stellia lots but I do find the mid bass on the Clear more satisfying and impactful.
I found the same thing. That was the only area where I thought the Stellia were not a definite step up.

Aug 8, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #4,018 of 4,499
I found the same thing. That was the only area where I thought the Stellia were not a definite step up.
I have to admit that I switch to ZMF Eikons for more authoritative bass overall with my setup. But I look to the Stellia for more detailed, clearer sound- more of a “clear window into the studio”.

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #4,019 of 4,499

I’d also give the edge to the OG Clear in terms of (a) better tonal balance (and therefore versatility across different musical genres) and (b) soundstage width, depth and (goes without saying) more open and airy sound.

It’s for this reason that I’m struggling to part ways with the Clear despite some of the big technical advantages the Stellia has over it!

Aug 13, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #4,020 of 4,499
Just picked up an Astell & Kern Futura SE180 Sem4. Listened to several players at the shop (mostly A&Ks) but found that the Futura with the Sem4 module just worked really well with my Stellias. The base isn’t as strong and the soundstage isn’t as wide as with my Ifi Signature, but the clarity and the quality of the sound - especially vocals which honestly I never thought I cared so much about - and the overall sound just blow me away. And other than music - just silence. Cannot explain it better, but just have to say really finding it enjoyable to listen to. Was meant for travel/portability but I find myself using it at home regularly. Anyone have any experience with this combo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back