Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
May 9, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #3,976 of 4,488
Anyone got any recommendations for a good dongle to use with these when moving about? I liked iFi Go Blu btu was concerned the bluetooth was losing my some SQ. Ive heard lotoo S2 is good, but am not sure on the synergy with Stellia. Atm I use a Cambridge Audio Dacmagic XS 2 and its mediocre at best

For most balance tonality, and freedom to play parametric EQ, lotoo hard to beat.

Want something with bigger soundstage, sweeter and fuller tonality, even cleaner black background, go to LP W2.

R2R lover, with organic, warm, relax character, stay at cayin RU6.

May 17, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #3,977 of 4,488
Does anyone use an Astell & Kern portable hi res music player with their Stellia - without any additional equipment (e.g., DAC, etc)? Trying to figure out if the new Kann Max would be a good portable solution for business travel. Currently using an iFi Signature connected to my iPad (which I bring anyway). But it’s a bit cumbersome on the plane. Appreciate any insights. Thanks!

May 17, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #3,978 of 4,488
Does anyone use an Astell & Kern portable hi res music player with their Stellia - without any additional equipment (e.g., DAC, etc)? Trying to figure out if the new Kann Max would be a good portable solution for business travel. Currently using an iFi Signature connected to my iPad (which I bring anyway). But it’s a bit cumbersome on the plane. Appreciate any insights. Thanks!
I did try the AK380 with the Stellia, which was one of their older flagship models (But it still sounded way better than the SR25 I had).
It sounded good for sure, so I'd imagine the Kann would be similar. I think I prefer Mojo 2 with it but I'd need them side by side, I dont think you'll be going wrong

May 17, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #3,979 of 4,488
I use a AK 70mk2 sometimes with my stellia. powers the stellia no problem. lacking a bit in the bass compared to my big bryston amp but it more then does the job. you should be fine with the Kann Max

May 18, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #3,980 of 4,488
I use a SP2000 with my Stellia and think it sounds great. No issues driving to high volume.

May 18, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #3,981 of 4,488
I use a SP2000 with my Stellia and think it sounds great. No issues driving to high volume.
+1. Stellia works really well with the SP2000

Jun 2, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #3,982 of 4,488
I just sprayed dry lubricant into the headband (on each side) and it eliminated the creaks! I used Super Lube Dry Film Lubricant. Works like a charm!
Finally, no more creaks whenever the headphones touch something :)

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #3,983 of 4,488
Good day
I'm still considering an upgrade from Focal Elegia to Stellia. I will listen to the Fiio M17 without an amplifier.
My next question is, is the cracking of the head bridge repeated at Stellia, or is this model already structurally solved?
And since I know many of you have more headphones, I want to ask about your choice. Better Stellia or Meze Liric? I'm just looking for closed headphones.

Jul 4, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #3,984 of 4,488
The Stellia are just an unreal closed headphone, it really is silly.
I was at a friends place listening to the LCD-5, and I must admit, the Stellia hold their own against an open headphone which is much pricier. Detail wise it could go either way, very different presentation, with staging obviously going to the LCD-5, along with layering, but punch and energy...Stellia are just a masterpiece of engineering.

Jul 4, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #3,985 of 4,488
The Stellia are just an unreal closed headphone, it really is silly.
I was at a friends place listening to the LCD-5, and I must admit, the Stellia hold their own against an open headphone which is much pricier. Detail wise it could go either way, very different presentation, with staging obviously going to the LCD-5, along with layering, but punch and energy...Stellia are just a masterpiece of engineering.
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Out of curiosity, what amplification was being used?

I know the Stellia scales really well with improved amplification (and my solid state amp is probably a lot less capable than what the Stellia can scale to… a Violectric V200).

Jul 5, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #3,986 of 4,488
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Out of curiosity, what amplification was being used?

I know the Stellia scales really well with improved amplification (and my solid state amp is probably a lot less capable than what the Stellia can scale to… a Violectric V200).
It was a crazy stack, Holo audio May, Orr, I think overall like a 15k stack?

Jul 5, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #3,987 of 4,488
It was a crazy stack, Holo audio May, Orr, I think overall like a 15k stack?
Oof. Spendy. Thanks for the info!

I’ll have to “make do” with my paltry V200 and Woo WA2 (latter is my fave amp by far but not ideal for the low-impedance WA2 😆, so I might save up for a Verité Closed eventually…)

Jul 5, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #3,988 of 4,488
Oof. Spendy. Thanks for the info!

I’ll have to “make do” with my paltry V200 and Woo WA2 (latter is my fave amp by far but not ideal for the low-impedance WA2 😆, so I might save up for a Verité Closed eventually…)
I'm very happy with my Hugo and the Stellia. For reference i don't think the super pricey stack eeks that much more performance out of Stellia, for me anyway.

Jul 14, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #3,989 of 4,488
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me. I recently just purchased a pair of Stellia however it will be coming with damaged pads with the owner suggesting to replace them. Someone already mentioned to me that the Stellia sound best with their stock pads and should not be replaced by another pair of different focal headphone pads.

However they never tested them with dekoni pads so wondering if anyone has used dekoni pads with their Stellia and know if it is as good or better than the stock pads.

Appreciate the help!
The leather at the outer base of my Stellia's left pad had started to tear. The memory foams on both sides, seem to be mushy as well. This Stellia was purchased used, almost three years ago.

Today, I did order Original Stellia pads from Moon Audio (pricy!).
https://www.moon-audio.com/focal-stellia-ear-pads.html

Hope that the stellar sound quality will be further improved.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #3,990 of 4,488
The leather at the outer base of my Stellia's left pad had started to tear. The memory foams on both sides, seem to be mushy as well. This Stellia was purchased used, almost three years ago.

Today, I did order Original Stellia pads from Moon Audio (pricy!).
https://www.moon-audio.com/focal-stellia-ear-pads.html

Hope that the stellar sound quality will be further improved.
Seriously pricey - you weren't exaggerating. Should be a PSA for owners to treat their pads with more TLC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back