Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 1, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #3,481 of 4,482
The updated brown version seems to be available.
Focal_Stellia_CABLE-MOKA_740x.jpg
Yeah that is not the one I got. Should be fine though? I don't really use the stock cable any more anyway. Moved on to the black dragon.

Jun 4, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #3,482 of 4,482
Mine come in tomorrow!

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #3,483 of 4,482
Hello everyone! Please help me. 2 months ago I bought Denon 7200 and astell&kern kann alpha. Mostly I listening deep house music. I expected from this combination something much better and because I didn't like the bass quality in music I will give that denon to my young brother as a present. So the question is, what are the best top headphones to listen mostly deep house music? I plan listen music on my astell&kern kann alpha. Guy from the shop highly advised Focal Stelia. Is this combination is really good or I need to buy something else? Thanks in advance for any support

Jun 5, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #3,484 of 4,482
The Stellia excell with all music but especially electronic because firstly it is very fast headphone cause of the Beryllium driver and has lightning quick transients.Everything sounds highly dynamic,fast and tight with no bloat.The bass is detailed and fast and the better the Dac the better it gets,the mids are awesome ,higly detailed and organic and they have a very good synergy with Astell and kern daps,loving mine with my Ultima M.

Having said that,if all you're gonna be listening is deep house or anything bass heavy look at something like a Fostex TX 900mk2 which is v shaped and exciting or even Denon 9200 which seems a big improvement over 7200 and gets very good reviews.The Stellia is more balanced and insightful listen than exciting but do try to have an audition to a store,don't just buy blindly whatever you choose.

Jun 5, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #3,485 of 4,482
The Sony flagship comes to mind

Jun 5, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #3,486 of 4,482
The Stellia excell with all music but especially electronic because firstly it is very fast headphone cause of the Beryllium driver and has lightning quick transients.Everything sounds highly dynamic,fast and tight with no bloat.The bass is detailed and fast and the better the Dac the better it gets,the mids are awesome ,higly detailed and organic and they have a very good synergy with Astell and kern daps,loving mine with my Ultima M.

Having said that,if all you're gonna be listening is deep house or anything bass heavy look at something like a Fostex TX 900mk2 which is v shaped and exciting or even Denon 9200 which seems a big improvement over 7200 and gets very good reviews.The Stellia is more balanced and insightful listen than exciting but do try to have an audition to a store,don't just buy blindly whatever you choose.
Unfortunately I don't have option to try some thing in shop because I now in long business trip in Georgia and here no any good audio shops< so I have to order from shop in my country. Do you think that Denon 9200 is better than Focal Stellia? I really like design of Stellia, but not sure about sound quality.

Jun 5, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #3,487 of 4,482
Sound quality is top notch,it's what a $3000 Headphone sounds like.Highly detailed,very organic and natural sounding and very fast and tight but if all you're gonna be listening is dance music there are other hps more specialized in that area like the Fostex i mentioned and it's more exciting because it emphasizes highs and lows the Stellia is more calm.The 9200 i haven't heard but by all accounts it's a big improvement over 7200 as it should given more than double the price.

Will you be listening to only house/dance where you don't need the ultimate detail then i wouldn't recommend buying a $3000 HP no matter how good it is.Look at the ones suggested or the Radiance by Focal which is said to be more fun sounding and more bass heavy even though not as detailed.If you plan to listen to a variety of genres and not just bass heavy music you will love the Stellias and will work great with your dap.

Jun 5, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #3,488 of 4,482
You'd probably do fine with a set of emu teaks

Jun 6, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #3,489 of 4,482
Sound quality is top notch,it's what a $3000 Headphone sounds like.Highly detailed,very organic and natural sounding and very fast and tight but if all you're gonna be listening is dance music there are other hps more specialized in that area like the Fostex i mentioned and it's more exciting because it emphasizes highs and lows the Stellia is more calm.The 9200 i haven't heard but by all accounts it's a big improvement over 7200 as it should given more than double the price.

Will you be listening to only house/dance where you don't need the ultimate detail then i wouldn't recommend buying a $3000 HP no matter how good it is.Look at the ones suggested or the Radiance by Focal which is said to be more fun sounding and more bass heavy even though not as detailed.If you plan to listen to a variety of genres and not just bass heavy music you will love the Stellias and will work great with your dap.
Many thanks for detailed reply. I think at the end i will go for Radiance. I like a lot design of Stellia and Radiance. And because 90% of music what i listening is deep house, is no point to pay double for Stellia, which benefits are not suitable for me.

Jun 7, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #3,490 of 4,482
I listen to electronic dance music probably 80% of the time. The Stellia are as good in this genre as they are in any other genre IMO. They have a bass emphasis that's not overdone with excellent quality and speed. If I want more emphasized slamming bass I'll put on my TH-900, but I rarely find myself reaching for it these days because the Stellia blows it away in almost every other respect.

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #3,491 of 4,482
I had the radiance and I don't think they'll get you what you're looking for I'd rec still the Sony mdr-z1r or emu teaks Stellia would hit the mark but at 3k may be a bit overkill

Jun 11, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #3,492 of 4,482
Are Stellia not moving used much anymore? I can’t for the life of me figure out why I have such a good price on them and nothing.

I get the headband is faded but they sound sonically amazing still and it’s still under warranty until October. Am i missing something??

Jun 11, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #3,493 of 4,482
Are Stellia not moving used much anymore? I can’t for the life of me figure out why I have such a good price on them and nothing.

I get the headband is faded but they sound sonically amazing still and it’s still under warranty until October. Am i missing something??
Your headband just really looks ugly. That’s why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back