Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 19, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #2,236 of 4,482
I could use those for ZMF to 3.5 mm. Any advice on where to get those? Preferably in Europe.

You can only get them from Sean in Singapore. It is not a company but one very nice person, and he makes them on demand. I ordered 3 times in the past and never had a problem. However, my latest order was shipped 3 weeks ago and is still not here, but that might be related to the current situation.

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #2,237 of 4,482
You can only get them from Sean in Singapore. It is not a company but one very nice person, and he makes them on demand. I ordered 3 times in the past and never had a problem. However, my latest order was shipped 3 weeks ago and is still not here, but that might be related to the current situation.
I second this. He made me converters for ZMF to Focal Utopia; tooK forever to get to me but most definitely worth the wait. Goes by Affinity cables on Ebay.

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,239 of 4,482
Can you explain why you think they're "wow", please ? I'm considering buying them, but don't want to go to the expense of the Utopia's.
If you don't mind buying used, both Stellia and Utopia can be found for around 2k nowadays.

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #2,240 of 4,482
If you don't mind buying used, both Stellia and Utopia can be found for around 2k nowadays.

Stellia, yes. Not sure about the Utopia... that was the going rate a couple of months ago (unfortunately also when I sold) but lately … not at all. I got mine new now again, and am very happy. Should never let have go of them. Stellia and Utopia are for classical music lovers all what you need.

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #2,241 of 4,482
There is a utopia for 2100 in the classifieds now, and I recently saw two for around 2k in my local eBay. Dealers selling off trade-ins and demo models. Maybe because of the upcoming packaging refresh. In which case it is indeed temporary. :)

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #2,242 of 4,482
There is a utopia for 2100 in the classifieds now, and I recently saw two for around 2k in my local eBay. Dealers selling off trade-ins and demo models. Maybe because of the upcoming packaging refresh. In which case it is indeed temporary. :)

Ok, seemed to have missed the latest classified here. However, the new packaging is great, and the cables are nice as well.

Jun 19, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #2,243 of 4,482
Ok, seemed to have missed the latest classified here. However, the new packaging is great, and the cables are nice as well.
Well, apparently the “new” packaging is adding about $400 to the cost. Hey, just what I need; more packaging with all the crap that goes with it to store. Bonfire, anyone?
B3754EF5-6150-41A5-A47C-4DC9F31E0B3E.jpeg

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #2,245 of 4,482
Can you explain why you think they're "wow", please ? I'm considering buying them, but don't want to go to the expense of the Utopia's.

More rounded. Where I find the Utopia a bit too expressive the Stellia are more controlled and restrained ... but manage to express the music as I like it. The only way os to try them both but obviously my impression is based out of the TT2 which will add it's own take on affairs no matter how neutral. My view is that the Stellia is a tighter Utopia. Not as expressive but an easier listen in many ways without losing the real sound and signature of the Utopia which sits on my amp with the Stellia despite having numerous headphpne options to try.

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #2,246 of 4,482
More rounded. Where I find the Utopia a bit too expressive the Stellia are more controlled and restrained ... but manage to express the music as I like it. The only way os to try them both but obviously my impression is based out of the TT2 which will add it's own take on affairs no matter how neutral. My view is that the Stellia is a tighter Utopia. Not as expressive but an easier listen in many ways without losing the real sound and signature of the Utopia which sits on my amp with the Stellia despite having numerous headphpne options to try.

Thanks for those impressions. I think of Sennheiser's has a "rounded" brand. That they're good across the musical spectrum and i'm thinking from your description that the Stellia's take it to another level ?? As you indicate the source is always important.
If i do decide to buy another headphone, the Stellia's are what i keep coming back to.

Jun 19, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #2,247 of 4,482
I am lookin to get out of my Schtit Mjolnir2/Bifrost 2 setup and go with either an all in one solution or just a solid state amp. Really sucks living in the middle of Canada with no demo units anywhere. @KPzypher has made a lot of recommendations - what are some of you using as well? Looking for as much warmth as possible while keeping the soundstage.

Jun 19, 2020 at 8:28 PM Post #2,248 of 4,482
I've had the Stellia about 2 weeks now, running almost constantly from a Chord Hugo TT2. 2 weeks and wow ! I also have Utopia's which I bought a couple of years ago ... but am preferring the Stellia ! Not huge differences but enough for me to prefer the Stellia. I was not expecting to like them more than the Utopia but I am.

Anyone else with Utopia 'favouring' the Stellia ?

Me too! Can't use Utopia around people. I found Stellia's bass is a bit over powering than Utopia but it is fun to listen to. I have it since it was announced and I am still loving it. It is my everyday headphone.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back