Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Apr 20, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #3,386 of 4,499
Trying to decide what to pair with my Stellias. A Cord Hugo 2, Qutest + Topping A90, The Arche (my store still has 2 available) or the Oppo HA-1. What would you guys recommend? I haven't heard the Questest(heard the dac is nearly identical with the Hugo 2 just slight changes), and the Topping A90. Everything else in this list I heard, and liked.

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #3,388 of 4,499
Trying to decide what to pair with my Stellias. A Cord Hugo 2, Qutest + Topping A90, The Arche (my store still has 2 available) or the Oppo HA-1. What would you guys recommend? I haven't heard the Questest(heard the dac is nearly identical with the Hugo 2 just slight changes), and the Topping A90. Everything else in this list I heard, and liked.
To my ears, Stellia sounds lifeless with A90, almost made me want to sell it. I tried it with Drop THX 789, Monoprice Liquid Platinum, iFi Diablo and iBasso DX300, they all sounds better, I am a happy camper again. Now I understand why Resolve doesn't like A90 :p

Apr 21, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #3,390 of 4,499
If you don’t need the transportability of the Hugo 2 then definitely go for the Arche, especially if you can get it for a discounted price. It’s built to pair with the Stellias and will maximize their potential as well as or better than anything else at that price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back