1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. John Blackshear
    I purchased the Elegia back in November. Would you consider Stellia worth the upgrade?

2. JohnYang1997
    Depends on your budget. For sound alone, 100% stellia is the most impressive headphone to me in past 3 years.

raypin likes this.
  3. Veronica24
    Wow! I love how they look! Very nice and not cheap and I think they cost such a price, without any cons.
    For me such a thing as it is very important and useful for my work. I love technic with nice quality, for example just to play my favorite games ( if you want to know roulette online game ) If you can make money and love good quality, this thing for you!!! Have a nice day!

4. atahanuz
    How does Stellia's sound compare with Mr Speakers Aeon Flow C and Ether Flow C ? Stellia should blow them up at this price.

5. mixman
    My question is: When are these going to get discounted to where they are priced below what you can get a Utopia for now?

John2e likes this.
  6. Beagle
    Usually when hype and sales slow down. If you wait a year or so, you can often get something much cheaper. Patience pays off.

raypin and wje like this.
  7. xxx1313
    @bidn : Great review and comparisons. Thanks!

By the way, although it has already been mentioned on other Focal threads - those without lovely knitting wives can also buy hand woven wool headband covers, for example here:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Woven...lear-Headphone-/254126561513?oid=252833263359
    They may not be knit with as much love as bidn's wool covers, but they still offer some protection for the headband. Even though not really a necessity (leather + dark), I use them for my Utopias.

bidn likes this.
  8. musicor
    I couldn't resist ... I pre-ordered a pair :L3000:

Any suggestions for good cable makers who also customize (in the US)? ... to turn the stock 4pin to a 2.5 balanced. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  9. PaganDL
    A very nice headphone to demo, though not sure if on my list to own ever for various reasons though perhaps not for the outside US & Europe equivalent after exchange.

Probably, subjectively & personally, the ONLY headphone from Focal which I actually enjoy listening to for any length of time though there are a few others which are nice enough.

For those who haven't seen this headphone in real yet & negatively commenting on how it looks, I would suggest doing so in REAL as it actually looks quite nice.

I also agree with several others it makes a nice change from the usual stock black or grey & no, I am not a fan for carbon fibre for various reasons though I tolerate it but that's just me...

Hope everyone has a great day !

10. Acemcl
  11. musicor
    Thanks for the suggestion but that's a 4.4mm, not 2.5mm.
    Also, I would ideally like to get rid of the bulk of the 4pin ... so any suggestions for cable makers who customize stock cables is welcome. thanks again

12. Acemcl
    Sorry mate !

13. DarginMahkum
  14. raypin
    Mm......true but think of the one year or so that you have lost and can’t get back. My philosophy: at my age (and deteriorating hearing), time is now more important than money. I figure I still have enough productive years to offset/earn/recoup the first adopter’s tax of TOTL headfi gear.

Having said that, there’s always pre-owned. I am quite surprised by the number of headfiers selling their mint TOTL headphones, often after only a few weeks of ownership. Buyer’s remorse? Their misfortune, our gain.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Beagle likes this.
  15. musicor
    Thanks for the reply. I meant the 4pin XLR connector which the Stellia stock balanced cable has.
    The Stellia comes with one balanced cable which has a 4pin XLR connector not ideal for portable use (too bulky to use with an adapter) ... with an AK player.
    So I am looking for a cable maker who can modify the 4pin XLR to a 2.5mm balanced (and shorten the cable ... which is the easier part :) ). Thanks

DarginMahkum likes this.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last