Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 7, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #2,178 of 4,488
As said, I don’t want to bash him, in the contrary, I really liked what he was doing with the IEM measurements and they were more or less the same I was hearing. This time it differs extremely and I am very surprised, that’s all.
you're not "bash(ing) him", it's just that you find his rankings "laughable"

Jun 10, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #2,182 of 4,488
Jun 10, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #2,183 of 4,488
Meze currently selling their 99 Classic 2.5mm upgrade cable for half price ($49USD), this is a terrific pairing with the Stellia:
Do you happen to know if they post to Oz? (I'm in Katoomba).

It sounds like you've used one with the Stellias - any issues with them being too easily pulled out of the HP (isn't thick enough to have the little gizmo tab engage in each HP cup jack)

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #2,184 of 4,488
Do you happen to know if they post to Oz? (I'm in Katoomba).

It sounds like you've used one with the Stellias - any issues with them being too easily pulled out of the HP (isn't thick enough to have the little gizmo tab engage in each HP cup jack)
Hi mate, I've had one shipped to Sydney before without any worries at all. They're totally secure too BTW. I'm.actually going to get myself another pair for a custom Grado build I'm doing.

Jun 10, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #2,186 of 4,488
Bewdy, thanks. Tried to work out the freight on their website but it just blinked at me, so I've sent them an email.
Shipping was $35 last time I bought one.

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #2,187 of 4,488
Any Stellia owners with glasses?
From what i've read i'd really like Stellia but then i've read that Stellia is really sensitive to glasses and fit. Is it really more sensitive than others?
If so can you recommend any closed back that is good with glasses?

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #2,188 of 4,488
Any Stellia owners with glasses?
From what i've read i'd really like Stellia but then i've read that Stellia is really sensitive to glasses and fit. Is it really more sensitive than others?
If so can you recommend any closed back that is good with glasses?
I have thick Warby Parker frames. I have tried it with and without glasses and have noticed no difference. I do see a difference in where the phones sit relative to my ears, but that is common across most headphones.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #2,190 of 4,488
I also have Warby Parker frames and no noticeable change with them on or off. Comfort is obviously a little better with them off though :)

Edit: My DCA Aeon Flow RT Open also work well with glasses on. Assume the closed back would be equally good since it's the same exact form factor if you want another option (granted they're in completely different price brackets).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back