Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #4,486 of 4,499
How does getting worse look like? Mine got even dark brown but I wouldn’t call it exactly bad looking. It doesn’t look stained, grayish or dirty in any way. It’s just less flashy or fashion-inspired, but rather bringing a more understated, more grown-up type of aesthetic. If anything, it now looks as if the original intention was to match the headband’s color to the ear pad rings. But, yeah, it’s definitely too big of a departure from the originally advertised look.
Btw, I haven’t tried Leather Master, as was kindly suggested here, but I tried a different leather cleaner that had worked well on other products with sensitive leather and it didn’t make any difference at all. Didn’t damage the headband, but didn’t change it either.
That's why I said "getting better".

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #4,487 of 4,499
How does getting worse look like? Mine got even dark brown but I wouldn’t call it exactly bad looking. It doesn’t look stained, grayish or dirty in any way. It’s just less flashy or fashion-inspired, but rather bringing a more understated, more grown-up type of aesthetic. If anything, it now looks as if the original intention was to match the headband’s color to the ear pad rings. But, yeah, it’s definitely too big of a departure from the originally advertised look.
Btw, I haven’t tried Leather Master, as was kindly suggested here, but I tried a different leather cleaner that had worked well on other products with sensitive leather and it didn’t make any difference at all. Didn’t damage the headband, but didn’t change it either.
+1 couldn't agree more: mine have turned beautifully and evenly dark brown. Not worried about stains anymore :darthsmile: Looks now like they probably should have been from the start....sounds still top notch though....

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #4,488 of 4,499
+1 couldn't agree more: mine have turned beautifully and evenly dark brown. Not worried about stains anymore :darthsmile: Looks now like they probably should have been from the start....sounds still top notch though....
It's the nice thing about Stellia, it's a real leather product that ages gracefully. Apart from the few half-stained ones with lines going down them haha.

You can protect them if you prefer brand new. Or enjoy the leather maturing over time.

May 5, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #4,490 of 4,499
Folks, I'm a proud owner of elegia paired with Mojo2. I want to upgrade my hp, how would you compare my current elegia with my dream hd the stellia? Thank you for your help
I owned the Elegia's for a stint and the Stellia’s is an upgrade in just about every way. The Stellia’s has better driver control which translates to better, tighter bass. The Stellia’s sound fuller with a bit more warmth. Imaging is more accurate, instrument separation is next level, treble is smoother with better details, more clarity and more extension. The etch and grain in the sound that you’re hearing with the Elegia’s is gone. The Stellia’s sound is clearer with more definition all around.

I do think the Stellia’s sound better with a silver cable. It helps to counteract some of the warmth that I’m hearing. If you can swing it, I think you’d really enjoy what the Stellia’s bring to the table. I listen to mine with the Mojo 2 and the pairing is superb. You’ll hear the difference in technicalities right away once you convert from the Elegia’s to the Stellia’s. Happy listening :smile_phones:

May 5, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #4,491 of 4,499
I owned the Elegia's for a stint and the Stellia’s is an upgrade in just about every way. The Stellia’s has better driver control which translates to better, tighter bass. The Stellia’s sound fuller with a bit more warmth. Imaging is more accurate, instrument separation is next level, treble is smoother with better details, more clarity and more extension. The etch and grain in the sound that you’re hearing with the Elegia’s is gone. The Stellia’s sound is clearer with more definition all around.

I do think the Stellia’s sound better with a silver cable. It helps to counteract some of the warmth that I’m hearing. If you can swing it, I think you’d really enjoy what the Stellia’s bring to the table. I listen to mine with the Mojo 2 and the pairing is superb. You’ll hear the difference in technicalities right away once you convert from the Elegia’s to the Stellia’s. Happy listening :smile_phones:
I tried stellia in my local hifi shop and I was astonished I can't wait to pull the trigger. Thank you very much for your help

May 5, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #4,492 of 4,499

Stellia is so smooth, it makes Elegia sound like sandpaper... There's a serious driver issue with Elegia that EQ cannot fix. The treble shrillness is so bad.

I did love Elegia when it was my best headphone. But Stellia has me spoiled - it's such an experience. Best closed-back I've ever used. I haven't tried DCA Stealth or E3 but I heard they're on a similar level.

May 5, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #4,493 of 4,499
Stellia is so smooth, it makes Elegia sound like sandpaper... There's a serious driver issue with Elegia that EQ cannot fix. The treble shrillness is so bad.

I did love Elegia when it was my best headphone. But Stellia has me spoiled - it's such an experience. Best closed-back I've ever used. I haven't tried DCA Stealth or E3 but I heard they're on a similar level.
Sandpaper … I wouldn’t dare to make a comparison like that .. but truth be told, it is an apt description unfortunately…

May 5, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #4,494 of 4,499
Sandpaper … I wouldn’t dare to make a comparison like that .. but truth be told, it is an apt description unfortunately…
Yeah as fun as the Elegia is (and good value for money) it definitely has a sandpaper-y quality to its timbre

May 5, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #4,495 of 4,499

The DCA Stealth is the only closed back I find better than the Stellia but needs much more power to shine. I have and will keep both right now. Even though I need to start off loading some gear to get my new DAC. Can’t go wrong with the Stellia.

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #4,496 of 4,499
I tried stellia in my local hifi shop and I was astonished I can't wait to pull the trigger. Thank you very much for your help
Yeah, the Stellia's are a noticeable step from the Elegia's. Glad you enjoyed the demo. They are definitely one of my favorite closed back headphones I've heard that suits my sonic preferences.

May 6, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #4,497 of 4,499
The DCA Stealth is the only closed back I find better than the Stellia but needs much more power to shine. I have and will keep both right now. Even though I need to start off loading some gear to get my new DAC. Can’t go wrong with the Stellia.
I have the Stellia's and HE-R10P's as my two closed back headphones of choice. I listened to the Stealth's and they are good on the right system. Dan Clark's headphones can be very demanding. The Stellia's are to easy to drive and sound great on just about any gear. To me that's their hat trick. You're going to get the best of the Stellia's regardless of source or amp most of the time. When I pair them with my Mojo 2, I get great bass, amazing dynamics and speed, impressive clarity and resolution, a very musical sound. They do scale up when I listen to them on my separates, but to get this type of sound out of portable device is damn impressive.

May 6, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #4,498 of 4,499
I have the Stellia's and HE-R10P's as my two closed back headphones of choice. I listened to the Stealth's and they are good on the right system. Dan Clark's headphones can be very demanding. The Stellia's are to easy to drive and sound great on just about any gear. To me that's their hat trick. You're going to get the best of the Stellia's regardless of source or amp most of the time. When I pair them with my Mojo 2, I get great bass, amazing dynamics and speed, impressive clarity and resolution, a very musical sound. They do scale up when I listen to them on my separates, but to get this type of sound out of portable device is damn impressive.
That’s why I said the Stealths need more power to shine. I can use with my Mojo2 only if I add the Cayin C9. I love the Stellia I have considered getting the HE-R10P also to go with my Susvara’s. But don’t know if it was worth it since I have the Stellia and Stealths.

May 6, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #4,499 of 4,499
That’s why I said the Stealths need more power to shine. I can use with my Mojo2 only if I add the Cayin C9. I love the Stellia I have considered getting the HE-R10P also to go with my Susvara’s. But don’t know if it was worth it since I have the Stellia and Stealths.
Nice, I hate I sold my C9. It's was a perfect companion with the Mojo 2. It sounded and performed just as good as some desktop systems I owned in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back