Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Feb 19, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #886 of 1,765
Face it Unity, the GR07BE's have ruined everything for you! :wink:

Lol, hello photo man. I don't know mate, KC06's are purty awesome minus the lower bass. My niece lost the pair I gave her so can't try the mod :frowning2:

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #887 of 1,765
Lol, hello photo man. I don't know mate, KC06's are purty awesome minus the lower bass. My niece lost the pair I gave her so can't try the mod
frown.gif

Bad niece lol! But if you get the kc06a's (and don't lend them to your niece), then no mod required. And, my guess is that you'd probably really enjoy the ZA Duoza's.

But, to not be totally OT, long live the Focal Spirit Professionals!

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #888 of 1,765
KC06A's don't have the same vocals tho :frowning2:

Care to share why in a PM? :)

I liked the overall FP design minus the earcup hinge. It stuck out a bit too much.

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #889 of 1,765
Could you recommend me an amp . I have no experience at all with those .

I really like the bass extension and air that the Schiit Asgard 2 add to the FSP. As for my go to portable amps, I love the HiFi M8 especially because of the tone switches. I find that they can turn the neutral sound of the FSP into a "fun" one by adding the bass tone shaping switch one place or a hyper detailed one when the treble tone shaping switched is moved one place. The CypherLabs Algorythm Picollo adds weight and seems to make the mids warmer too.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #890 of 1,765
As per the basshead discussion, I already had a simple solution in mind: use the Spirit Pro for audiophile purposes and the JVC HA-SZ2000 as my bass cannon!

After being stuck in customs since the 11th, the tracking finally updated on the 19th, so I should receive it very soon!

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #891 of 1,765
I really like the bass extension and air that the Schiit Asgard 2 add to the FSP. As for my go to portable amps, I love the HiFi M8 especially because of the tone switches. I find that they can turn the neutral sound of the FSP into a "fun" one by adding the bass tone shaping switch one place or a hyper detailed one when the treble tone shaping switched is moved one place. The CypherLabs Algorythm Picollo adds weight and seems to make the mids warmer too.

snap way out of my budget for now.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #893 of 1,765
I read like the first 30 pages of this thread and can't read anymore.lol I have some questions though. By this time have Focal fixed the QC problems with the headband cracking and various other issues? Have the replacement pads been released to market?

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #894 of 1,765
I read like the first 30 pages of this thread and can't read anymore.lol I have some questions though. By this time have Focal fixed the QC problems with the headband cracking and various other issues? Have the replacement pads been released to market?

If memory serves correctly, M-13 told me that after the first batch (or few batches) of production units, Focal improved some of the quality control issues, but I don't know how much of an improvement it is. Not sure if anyone has bought an old and new unit and compared them over time. Haven't heard anything about the replacement pads except rumors.

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #895 of 1,765
Im on the fence as far as picking up a pair of these as well.

But now that I know that they are almost the same as the NAD HP50s and PSB M4U1's, I am torn as far as which way to go as they all seem like a great value. I measured my ears and current phones' and think that the Focals will not fit them well. Do people consider these "on ear" phones or what?

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #896 of 1,765
  Im on the fence as far as picking up a pair of these as well.

But now that I know that they are almost the same as the NAD HP50s and PSB M4U1's, I am torn as far as which way to go as they all seem like a great value. I measured my ears and current phones' and think that the Focals will not fit them well. Do people consider these "on ear" phones or what?

Almost the same? In some ways, I suppose, but certainly not the same sound.

It depends on the size of your ears. I'll find out in a few hours how they fit me.

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #897 of 1,765

Almost the same? In some ways, I suppose, but certainly not the same sound.

It depends on the size of your ears. I'll find out in a few hours how they fit me.

Well, what are the differences in sound then? Certainly, I would want the right "flavor". Comfort would also of course be a high priority, but I would be listening only indoors.

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #899 of 1,765
Which one has the best comfort and build quality, the Classic or the Professional? 

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #900 of 1,765

I suggest looking up reviews and comparisons. The Spirit Pro is definitely the most neutral, though.

I have. Reading your posts, I thought you may have something to add. I recall terms like "hair splitting"! While I think I might prefer the FSP for price / SQ (and a desire to own a focal product as they do so well in other areas), the smallish ear pads and QC issues may be deal breakers. My ears are something like 3 cm by 6 cm. If anyone had a similar size could comment on the fit. I believe the Focal's were more like 4 cm X 4 cm which would make them the smallest "over ear" cans I've tried by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back