Focal Spirit One Headphones
Sep 7, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #272 of 323

Love the finish on this. One reason why I'm apprehensive on getting the original Spirit One and the K550 (and even if I could afford it, the Ed.8) is that I feel like I'll just hate myself for scratching them up. The textured plastic on this looks like it can take getting tossed around without getting scratched or chipped (barring really bad impact of course).

Hi!
The textured paint looks a like like PA system paint so yes -it's very very durable - obviously in recording studios, they will get used a lot and tossed around quite a bit so we wanted something durable more than 'fashionable'
  Simon Cote
  North American Sales Manager

Nice, thanks for the info! I was never confident about lugging around headphones with a "premium" finish because as far as my use of portables is concerned, that's likely to translate more to "scratched up" than "fashionable." I'll wait for it at the local dealer's
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #273 of 323
Hi, any news on when the Spirit Classic come out ? Because with a leather headband, those look like the perfect portable headphones for me. I already love my Spirit Ones, but the biggest problem is that the plastic headband is cracking and in fact breaking at several points. I've contacted Focal many times over this, but I have not gotten any positive response concerning a replacement unit. 

But the Spirit Classic are as good as bought, as far as I go :wink:

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #274 of 323
I hope the Spirit One Classic has a larger opening in the earpads. The Spirit One has the same problem as the Momentum....ears don't fit inside.

Sep 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #275 of 323
  Hi, any news on when the Spirit Classic come out ? Because with a leather headband, those look like the perfect portable headphones for me. I already love my Spirit Ones, but the biggest problem is that the plastic headband is cracking and in fact breaking at several points. I've contacted Focal many times over this, but I have not gotten any positive response concerning a replacement unit.

But the Spirit Classic are as good as bought, as far as I go :wink:

Hi!

The Classic will come out in a couple months. we will show it at the CEDIA and RMAF shows in Denver in the next couple weeks. it's definitely a big upgrade from the One. cups are the same size as the Pro, and the construction, fit and finish is stellar.

I'm surprised no one replaced your Spirit One - who did you contact exactly?

Simon Cote
North American Sales Manager

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #276 of 323
If we're going to discuss all the different versions of the Spirit One in this thread, can the op or mod update the title to include all three versions.  This will help others who aren't following this thread from the beginning.  

The Spirit Professional arrived today.  Stay tuned for unboxing/first look video.

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #277 of 323

If you're big headed as I am, and your current unit got those cracks, any replacement is going to crack the same way.if your head didn't manage to shrink in size. :wink:

Sep 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #278 of 323
  If we're going to discuss all the different versions of the Spirit One in this thread, can the op or mod update the title to include all three versions.  This will help others who aren't following this thread from the beginning. 

The Spirit Professional arrived today.  Stay tuned for unboxing/first look video.

Really looking forward to this.

My hope would be this thread remain Spirit One in name and focus and you start a new thread on the Pro.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #279 of 323
I just unboxed it and gave it a quick listen.  oh boy, the Spirit Pro is very good.  I already like it more than the original Spirit One.  I am pairing it with the new Apogee ONE for iOS.  wow!

Video should be ready in a couple of hours.

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #281 of 323
I'll wait for the Classic...I'm sure it will be the "top of the line" Focal HP.

Sep 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #283 of 323
Maybe its just my pair of spirit one's but after 2 monts of regular (but carefull use) I noticed a crack at one of the ball-joint hinges, also the brushed alu attached to the extention slider is releasing itself fom the plastic beneath it. I love my pair of spirit ones and the new models do excite and interest me but I hope they take note and do something about these ' weak points' unless its just my pair that has these problems.

Sep 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #284 of 323
I'm very impressed by the sound of the Pros.  It's has the high-end Focal sound found in their studio monitors - refined, fast response, & accurate.  It's very easy to drive.  I ran it on my Meridian Explorer DAC & Apogee ONE for iOS with wonderful results.  I can't stop listening to it.  It's worth owning.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back