Focal Spirit One Headphones
Feb 16, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #32 of 323

Quote:
They look nice, well built and comfortable. What sort of plug does the jack for the detachable cable accept?

Both 3.5 and it comes with a 6.3mm screw on type like a lot of Audio Technica models. One cable I believe,
 no spare and it also comes with an airline double jack for travellers. Case is very 'Shure 940' like.

Overall to describe their sound in a really concise fashion from the brief audition ~ it's for folks who liked
 the K550 but found them to be a little bright overall, the Spirit Ones have that warm tinge. These will make
 a heap of Bose bunnies very happy when they come to upgrade.

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #34 of 323
They look very well built cant wait to hear a pair.
atsmile.gif

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #35 of 323
got a model from Focal for a review. The first point is that's a very luxurious model. I've take pictures of the model here :http://casque.generationmp3.com/2012/02/20/deballage-focal-spirit-one/

I will really appreciate if you could give me more info about this headphones, as you have been the only one so far to try this pair, that i know of.

How is the sound quality?? And is it sturdy?? Or could it be easily breakable??

Thanks a lot!!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #36 of 323
Review in french here : http://labo.generationmp3.com/2012/02/24/test-focal-spirit-one/

I will write a review (shorter) here soon. But for me, despite its bump in the bass (warm signature), it's  better (details, precision, high mids and treble) than the HD25

Feb 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #37 of 323
Sounds like another interesting headphone to me due to knowing they pack a boosted bass which I prefer and a warmer bassier HD25 with better details sounds very very interesting as HD25 is no slouch. This or Philips L1... hmmm I hate this hobby. :p

Hopefully Tyll could measure this one.

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #38 of 323
I'd hold out before geting them test yourself, allot of it is marketing hype with focal monitors (But their build quality / design is as good as it gets) Knowing Focal drivers they will need ALOT of burn in time also.

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #39 of 323

Quote:

SQ compared to the K550: The Focals are darker voiced and they sound veiled, not the airy "Focal sound" I had hoped for...

That's very likely a good thing.  Most people hear forward peaky coloration as sounding "airy" and coming from that, neutral would sound "veiled".  IME on head-fi, reading comments like this is a VERY good sign. 
cool.gif

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #40 of 323
Review in progress at 6moons.com...

Quote:
Focal's Pierre Maillard: "We are launching our first headphone set. It is a consumer-oriented model. It includes a remote for the iPhone. The retail will be €199. All of the design and tuning work took place at Saint-Etienne in France like all Focal speakers. The product itself is being manufactured in China. The Spirit One is the first of a whole new line of headphones. It's notjust another one-shot deal because all manufacturers do that now. Neither is it an off-the-shelf Chinese headphone with a Focal logo stuck on. We kick off our new line with the most affordable consumer model which will also be available in white. After that we will add audiophile and pro-audio models and move upmarket step by step (perhaps all the way to Utopia level - who knows?)."

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #41 of 323
Hmm, maybe I missed it but is this on-ear or over-ear? The circumference looks a tad small but pics often lie.

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #42 of 323

Quote:
Hmm, maybe I missed it but is this on-ear or over-ear? The circumference looks a tad small but pics often lie.

Think Edition 8 - is it or isn't it? Depends on the size of your fleshy bits either side of your head - it sits in that quasi circum-supra
 aural type of headphone.

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #43 of 323

Quote:
 Think Edition 8 - is it or isn't it? Depends on the size of your fleshy bits either side of your head - it sits in that quasi circum-supra
 aural type of headphone.

Yea looks something like that, I love the design, looks simple but elegant. I'd love to see a Focal Spirit One vs Philips Fidelio L1 shootout. :D These are like the perfect competitors because they even seem to have somewhat similar frequency balance too (somewhat neutral mids/highs and boosted bass) and both having a rather special design, sure the L1 is like 50 EUR expensier MSRP wise but it will probably be roughly the same in street price. (L1 was already sold for like 190 EUR in Germany before it was sold out)

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #44 of 323

Quote:
Yea looks something like that, I love the design, looks simple but elegant. I'd love to see a Focal Spirit One vs Philips Fidelio L1 shootout. :D These are like the perfect competitors because they even seem to have somewhat similar frequency balance too (somewhat neutral mids/highs and boosted bass) and both having a rather special design, sure the L1 is like 50 EUR expensier MSRP wise but it will probably be roughly the same in street price. (L1 was already sold for like 190 EUR in Germany before it was sold out)

Totally agree - even though I am nowhere near getting my hands on a Phillips Fidelio L1 for the moment, it makes sense - they're in the same market bracket shooting
 for the sale to the same consumer.

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #45 of 323
Does anyone know of any dealers who will ship internationally? Could only find musicdirect and they only ship within US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back