Focal Spirit Classic First Look - Head-Fi TV
Oct 30, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #62 of 204
The Focal Spirit One has opening of 45mm lengthwise at 12mm depth, the FSC and FSP are supposed to have a bigger opening and have less clampingpressure.

Even tho its not super comfy compared to many others I do like my FSO. Ofcourse I can imagine that there are so many types of earshapes positioning that some people might find wearing them unbarable.

I think people who own a FSO and can handle wearing them for some time will have allot less comfort issues with the 2 new models because they have bigger cups a larger opening in the earpads and have less clampingpressure.

But then again 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'.

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #63 of 204
  Yes, for my head it's the exact same problem.

I think people who own a FSO and can handle wearing them for some time will have allot less comfort issues with the 2 new models because they have bigger cups a larger opening in the earpads and have less clamping pressure.

confused_face_2.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #65 of 204
yes, Focal sized them up. But it seems its not yet enough for Some.

I'd say it's not yet enough for many. Going by all the complaints about the size of the Momentum, I expect the same thing to happen with the FSC.

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #66 of 204
My ears didn't fit in that super tiny holes of the FS1 but they are still comfortable.  I honestly don't even get it, all the evidence says these will be uncomfortable but they aren't (to me at least).  The momentum... now that's one uncomfortable headphone... so is the 1r.  The Momentum fits really nice on the head but it makes my ears ache.  The 1r has a really scratchy/rough driver surface that is really uncomfortable.

Bit off topic but whatevs!

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #67 of 204
Maybe someone who has or has had both the FS1 and the FSC can advise if the holes are the same size...

Oct 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #69 of 204
Maybe someone who has or has had both the FS1 and the FSC can advise if the holes are the same size...

or also has the spirit Pro, I did ask Mike Hifiguy earlier in the trhread if he had serious comfort issues with the FSP. I believe the classic and the Pro are similar in sizes. No response yet.

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #70 of 204
So Mike Hifiguy uploaded his review of the Spirit pro to YouTube, he mentions that they are comfy and that he can wear them for hours, regarding the Spirit Classic im not sure the earpads are made from the same material but sizewise its similar to the Spirit pro.

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #72 of 204
So Mike Hifiguy uploaded his review of the Spirit pro to YouTube, he mentions that they are comfy and that he can wear them for hours, regarding the Spirit Classic im not sure the earpads are made from the same material but sizewise its similar to the Spirit pro.

Yes, the Pros are very comfy.  Going from memory because I don't have the original Spirit One here, the Pro feels more comfy.  The new Classic is even more comfy than the Pro.  The pads covers my entire ear.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #74 of 204
Mike I always enjoy your unboxing and review videos. This is one I have been looking forward to!
If these sound like I anticipate I see no reason not to pull the trigger on a set.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #75 of 204
I have been listening to these for about 2 hours now. Initial impression for me say these are very good. They Are not lacking in anything yet. Good soundstage, impressive tight bass, clear and forward mids, and clean detailed highs. I have played rock, edm, instrumental, and pop, and they seem to handle everything wonderfully. Again, initial impression with no burn in. I hate writing and never excelled at it in school but head-fi is changing me, I hope to put together a more complete review with more time.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back