Focal Spirit Classic First Look - Head-Fi TV
Jan 26, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #93 of 204
So pads are glued (like Fidellio X1).
Perhaps  it is  not a mere coincidence that  two not specialized companies have launched really good products  but with the downside  of fixed earpads: it's lack of experience in the specific field of headphones, I think.

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #98 of 204
I took the pads off the Spirit One when I owned them. There is two sided tape but also pins that the pads clip on. I removed the tape and the pads could be snapped on with the clip pins.

Jan 31, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #100 of 204
No, I sold the SP. I will check my Spirit Pro and see if I can see how the pads are attached.

Feb 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #102 of 204
The M100 is genre specific, which is why I didn't opt for it personally... if I wanted a pair of phones for dance music and hip hop I'd look into them but as my tastes a broad and range from EDM to Hip Hop, Jazz to World music I felt the Classic offered a broader distinction. Had these on my head for a trip from London to Amsterdam by coach and ferry all the way and felt no need to take them off, the Pro's pushed down on my ears slightly so I had problems with those when I had them although on hindsight I wish I'd let them burn in some more before sending them back for the Classic as although they weren't as comfortable they were wearable on the road whereas the Classic just tips over the 'too big' line in the sand. As my trip was to Amsterdam what music listening I did enjoy with them was under the influence of hash cake so the awesomeness may have been tinted in that regard but watching movies through a Fiio DAC and Tablet it did very well and often caught me by surprise in what it revealed in the music and narration there regardless of the low resolution.

The failing of these headphones is the cusions as you can't take them off... the 4m long cable is actually quite useful for me and you can use any cable with it as long as the jack is long enough, they fold... I sat on them by accident on the coach to The Netherlands and the cups went into a flat position, they come with a card warning that they're not to be put into this position at all so I was shocked to notice that they could but its obviously a failsafe as they clicked back into a normal position and I couldn't put them back into the position again without undue stress to the joint.

Very open and spacious sounding, when there's no music playing they let a lot of sound in which on hindsight is why I didn't mind having them on when my tablet battery died on me... yet to give them a go on a train in a large city, Amsterdam not counting as a large city .lol.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #103 of 204
Classic was only 185€ at amazon.it so I jumped on it. Curious to hear in a few days if my HD800 could have a warm and fuzzy little brother. Just hoping it will fit my large head..

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #104 of 204
  Classic was only 185€ at amazon.it so I jumped on it. Curious to hear in a few days if my HD800 could have a warm and fuzzy little brother. Just hoping it will fit my large head..

I am not sure if I should thank you or not for pointing out that they are available for that price at amazon.it - but I just pulled the trigger as well :wink:. I really hope they do sound warm and the trebble is under control (unlike a lot of closed cans in that price range which were billed as neutral but had unpleasant highs...)

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #105 of 204

Again, would like to thank you for pointing out the price of these... bought mine for 300 euros!!!! Can now see they're available for £180 elsewhere and am sending them back, props to Amazon also for their customer service... truth is they arrived unsealed so I have reason there also.

Might even reconsider the Professionals .lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back