Focal Hadenys & Azurys Review & Measurements
May 13, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #106 of 167
I think both will get their big fanbase 👍
Even if I don't buy either of them,i have no Use Case, but it's my duty to say what I think of them....always assuming I've heard the model
(Assumptions are not my business)
However, if I were to buy my first better over-ear as a newcomer, it would probably be Hadenys Dwarf

NOMAX

PS.Sennheiser really needs to wake up soon....also in the lower price segment..because the French do not sleep😎
Vielen Dank Nomax, nice to hear your impressions.

May 13, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #107 of 167
I got a chance to listen to them and I think all that was said in the two videos is spot on. Including the fact that the reduced weight might put off some people. I had quite a shock when I picked them up, they are very light indeed. They seem well made, but at the same time somehow fragile. They probably aren't though. I had the Bathys for some time now and they are anything but fragile. Even though I only use the Bathys when flying or on the train, I got used to their weight so I was probably expecting the new ones to be somehow similar in this regard.

Soundwise, I've nothing more to add to what has been said. They both sound ok with Hadenys an immediate winner for me, despite the loud noise at HighEnd. Before arriving at the Focal booth, I've listened to all the fancy headphones hooked up to amazing amps, so I was a bit spoiled.
For attracting new users, I think they are brilliant. Some of the prettiest headphones at the show, very decent sound and ok-ish price. If you already have a Focal though, it might be difficult to get over the reduced weight and this feeling of fragility.

20240512_125524.jpg

20240512_125543.jpg

20240512_125528.jpg

20240512_125904.jpg

20240512_125910.jpg

May 13, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #108 of 167
I got a chance to listen to them and I think all that was said in the two videos is spot on. Including the fact that the reduced weight might put off some people. I had quite a shock when I picked them up, they are very light indeed. They seem well made, but at the same time somehow fragile. They probably aren't though. I had the Bathys for some time now and they are anything but fragile. Even though I only use the Bathys when flying or on the train, I got used to their weight so I was probably expecting the new ones to be somehow similar in this regard.

Soundwise, I've nothing more to add to what has been said. They both sound ok with Hadenys an immediate winner for me, despite the loud noise at HighEnd. Before arriving at the Focal booth, I've listened to all the fancy headphones hooked up to amazing amps, so I was a bit spoiled.
For attracting new users, I think they are brilliant. Some of the prettiest headphones at the show, very decent sound and ok-ish price. If you already have a Focal though, it might be difficult to get over the reduced weight and this feeling of fragility.

20240512_125524.jpg
20240512_125543.jpg
20240512_125528.jpg
20240512_125904.jpg

20240512_125910.jpg
Just for sound quality alone, do you prefer Azurys or Bathys?

May 13, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #110 of 167
Love this forum. "I'm consolidating, so I bought a new headphone." 🤣

P.s.: I (think I) understand what you meant, but it just sounded funny.
😀
I'm also consolidating, I bought yet another showing case for the new additions.

Just for sound quality alone, do you prefer Azurys or Bathys?
Azurys, I guess. But I had limited time with them.

May 13, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #111 of 167
Love this forum. "I'm consolidating, so I bought a new headphone." 🤣

P.s.: I (think I) understand what you meant, but it just sounded funny.
Yeah it is funny, lol. But to be more clear I’m selling off like 4-5 headphones, mostly many of my more neutrally tuned headphones which I have too many of.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #112 of 167
Basically because both reviewers Jude and Resolve mentioned it I believe, and I trust them on this stuff personally.

But maybe it will, I get what you're saying and no reason people won't enjoy it more than Clear
I just watched Resolve's video and he said he'd pick the Hadenys over the Elex and maybe even the Clear. He goes onto say that the Hadenys shouldn't be seen as a "lesser Clear" but an alternate sound signature with more Harman-like traits.

May 13, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #113 of 167
I just watched Resolve's video and he said he'd pick the Hadenys over the Elex and maybe even the Clear. He goes onto say that the Hadenys shouldn't be seen as a "lesser Clear" but an alternate sound signature with more Harman-like traits.
Yeah I was speaking about technicals, he also says it lacks the tightness of the Clear in the bass, and the focus in the upper mids, and at some point says the Clear is more 'audiophile'. I took this cumulatively as the Clear being slightly ahead technically but the Hedanys having a better tonality for many people. I'm guessing this will be the case but maybe my interpretation is wrong.

May 13, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #114 of 167
Vielen Dank Nomax, nice to hear your impressions.

👍

NOMAX

PS.Maybe you have the chance to listen to the Hadenys, it's really not bad for 700 Euros
There are candidates for 1000/2000/3000 euros which are really bad 🙈in comparison😂
The blue one (Azury) has too much in low end for me personally
With closed ones, less is more...more durable
But can be interesting for the younger generation to inspire/convince them..I'm already one of the old 🤪

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #115 of 167
some point says the Clear is more 'audiophile
This is more referring to the build and cables vs the sound.

The Hadenys and Azurys are very lightweight to the point where a certain subset of people will discount them just because they do not feel “premium” while the Clear, Elex, etc… have more heft when you’re holding them.

The industry has been pushing more and more into lighter weights though (the new Final Audio X8000 is 220 grams!!) so hopefully people can look past their inherit bias on what is “premium” or “audiophile’ and enjoy two fantastic pair of headphones.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 14, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #116 of 167
Headphones of the future must/should also fit more of the properties to the head
These overweight/oversized and bulky headphones should be a thing of the past😎

NOMAX

PS.Focal understood this right from the start 👍

Last edited:
May 14, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #120 of 167
It's really nice to see two new mid-fi closed-backs being released (Azurys and the upcoming Sennheiser HD620S).

Ordering the 620S is a given for me. Not sure about the Azurys, but it will depend on whether it can be run balanced, which I thought was a definite "no", now I'm hearing the jury isn't out yet? I hope some reviewers will shed some light on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back