Focal Hadenys & Azurys Review & Measurements
May 9, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #65 of 182
That doesn't prove anything. TRS cables are compatible with every socket. Only focal or someone willing to disassemble the headphones can confirm they can't be plugged balanced
Can simply be measured, right? Plug in a TRRS cable and use a multimeter to measure on the other end if the L- and R- are connected or not.

May 9, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #66 of 182
Can simply be measured, right? Plug in a TRRS cable and use a multimeter to measure on the other end if the L- and R- are connected or not.

Sure. Once the headphones hit retailers shelves, someone will try this for sure. I'm seeing a lot of Bathys after market balanced cables despite some people saying it can't be run balanced neither.

May 9, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #67 of 182
I just got these in (shameless plug to my inactive audio Insta) and my first impressions are quite similar to Resolve's review here (haven't watched Jude's yet).
I'm actually slightly annoyed with how much I agree with Resolve because I watched his video after my first listen and he pretty much talks about all the things that had immediately jumped out to me. Kinda seems like there's some sort of secret handshake about its sound quality when I swear I didn't know about its existence until it dropped and then was shipped to my place for review the day after.

Anyway, super high level but I feel like these are an inbetween of the HD6X0 and the Elex/Clear.
Is it a Goldilocks? Eh not sure yet. But I definitely have the sense that it blends all of those headphone's strengths and weaknesses.
The one thing I disagree a bit with Resolve on is the staging of these headphones. I have to do some actual comparisons to properly get a feel but I think they're less open sounding than the Elex/Clear and are more aligned to the HD6X0. Arguably, I do think there's a nuance between soundstage and "openness" but that's a different topic of discussion :wink:

Also, I love love love the new build and design Focal has with these. Very lifestyle type of product, but in a good way.
1715275021340.png

Last edited:
May 9, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #68 of 182
I just got these in (shameless plug to my inactive audio Insta) and my first impressions are quite similar to Resolve's review here (haven't watched Jude's yet).
I'm actually slightly annoyed with how much I agree with Resolve because I watched his video after my first listen and he pretty much talks about all the things that had immediately jumped out to me. Kinda seems like there's some sort of secret handshake about its sound quality when I swear I didn't know about its existence until it dropped and then was shipped to my place for review the day after.

Anyway, super high level but I feel like these are an inbetween of the HD6X0 and the Elex/Clear.
Is it a Goldilocks? Eh not sure yet. But I definitely have the sense that it blends all of those headphone's strengths and weaknesses.
The one thing I disagree a bit with Resolve on is the staging of these headphones. I have to do some actual comparisons to properly get a feel but I think they're less open sounding than the Elex/Clear and are more aligned to the HD6X0. Arguably, I do think there's a nuance between soundstage and "openness" but that's a different topic of discussion :wink:

Also, I love love love the new build and design Focal has with these. Very lifestyle type of product, but in a good way.
1715275021340.png
The thing I really wanted Resolve to go more into was the Azurys - Bathys comparison.

Out of curiosity as much as anything. The two headphones sit at very similar prices, with many outlets selling Bathys around £649 here in the UK now. It's interesting to know if that extra £149 is all for the wireless capabilities, or if there is a sound difference between those and the most similarly priced Focal.

May 9, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #69 of 182
Number one question about any headphone in this price range for closed back is ...

how isolated is the sound from the headphone? Can I listen to it without people hearing what kind of music I'm listening to?

May 9, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #70 of 182
Number one question about any headphone in this price range for closed back is ...

how isolated is the sound from the headphone? Can I listen to it without people hearing what kind of music I'm listening to?
And number two question is : Are the ear cups replaceable ?

May 9, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #72 of 182
Do these headphones have the same sound all the other Focal cans seem to have. Kind of a hissing or air blowing sound. Hard sound to describe but the four Focal's I have tried all have an odd sound before the song starts playing

May 10, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #74 of 182
Do these headphones have the same sound all the other Focal cans seem to have. Kind of a hissing or air blowing sound. Hard sound to describe but the four Focal's I have tried all have an odd sound before the song starts playing
Had almost all the Focal models and never heard such thing. Your unit might have some issues.

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #75 of 182
Amateur of the brand, has Focal lost his way with this two, like they did with Celestee, Radiance, Clear MG ... ?
I wouldn't say Focal "lost their way" with the Radiance. It's a good headphone.

These Focals are quite a bit different from their traditional house sound however, so I wouldn't look at them in the same light as the previous offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back