Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Aug 29, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #1,291 of 1,465
I guess these are being discontinued??? I snoozed on them from headphones.com even at $990.
If they are it's a shame. It's one of Focal's best headphones IMO.

Aug 29, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #1,292 of 1,465
I guess these are being discontinued??? I snoozed on them from headphones.com even at $990.
Yeah. Headphones dot com doesn't have any more units. I tried to buy one on Monday.

The original limited run was 4000 units. They were discontinued as they were always meant to be a limited run but Focal produced another smaller batch based on customer feedback. Headphones dot com got the contract for all of those units but had inventory for a lot longer than expected so I don't think Focal will be making another run of them.

They also have a similar exclusivity arrangement with Focal on Focal Clear OG's. They're the only retailer that still has new units available to sell.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #1,293 of 1,465
Bought these second time and now I remember why I sold these. For my ears these are very fatiguing. There is something about treble area that my ears don't accept. Metallic sound also. Can listen these max 1 hour and then earache starts. Bass is very nice tho.

Maybe I need to try other sources, I have Ifi Go Link and SMSL C200.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,294 of 1,465
Bought these second time and now I remember why I sold these. For my ears these are very fatiguing. There is something about treble area that my ears don't accept. Metallic sound also. Can listen these max 1 hour and then earache starts. Bass is very nice tho.

I personally couldn't stand them for a long time and put them back in the box and I gave them another shot later and after a few days of adjusting I liked them, but even now it takes a bit of time for my ears to adjust to them. I don't get it. If I listen to them for 10 minutes they sound perfectly fine. Great, even, but they sound funny otherwise.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #1,295 of 1,465

Try with a Cayin RU6, my best pairing so far no fatigue at all, in RU6 OS mode is on, 4.4mm bal out with Laptop or PC USB as source, I feel the dynamics take a hit with smartphones and tablets.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #1,296 of 1,465

Try with a Cayin RU6, my best pairing so far no fatigue at all, in RU6 OS in mode on, 4.4mm bal out with Laptop or PC USB as source, I feel the dynamics take a hit with smartphones and tablets.
I heard the metallic sound when I first listened to them too in the treble. I was using a Mojo 2 then.

Like @borkenarrou, I tried using a R2R DAC which has great synergy with the Radiance. The metallic sound is gone.

Aug 29, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #1,298 of 1,465
I could try RU6. Do you know if there is difference with RU6 and RU7 pairing with Radiance?
RU6 has an R2R architecture and the RU7 has a 1-bit resistor network architecture. I don't know the nuances of each, but I imagine they may sound different.

Aug 29, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #1,299 of 1,465
I could try RU6. Do you know if there is difference with RU6 and RU7 pairing with Radiance?
I have't tried the RU7 yet so can't comment on that, but from the reviews RU7 is slight bit more resolving and clinical than RU6 with latter being bit thicker can be better for long term listening. One more thing forgot to add (can be placebo too :)) I am using a Audiphile Ninja 4.4mm cable with the Radiance which I feel tones down the highs a bit for me and works better with the Radaince than with my CustomCans Litz cable (which I prefer with my HE1000 V2).

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #1,300 of 1,465
One more interesting thing I found yesterday I tried the Radiance with my Xduoo MT-604 Tube amp + Aune X8 DAC, I found the RU6 way better, in fact its more tube like than MT-604 in its holographic presentation and more resolving.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #1,301 of 1,465
Aug 30, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #1,302 of 1,465
Aug 31, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #1,303 of 1,465
Addicted to Audio was the Australian and New Zealand retailer. They just lost their contract with no other retailer named to replace the rep in that region of the world. They’re liquidating their stock.

Headphones dot com is the only rep in North America who has Focal Clear OG stock. They were also the only retailer in North America who got stock of the Radiances second batch of limited run which is now sold out.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #1,304 of 1,465
Looks like the price for the Radiance just went up $100 at A2A.

Aug 31, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #1,305 of 1,465
We have more on the way. I think being delivered today?

They’ve been discontinued for about 2 years now. The final inventory is just being cleared out. We just don’t hold all the remaining inventory at our warehouse at once so it gets sent put in batches.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back