Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Aug 19, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #1,218 of 1,465
Been looking for a closed pair of headphones to complement my HD800 and this was a no brainer now that Focal are having a firesale for this here. $445usd is too hard to say no to when it started off at $1300.

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #1,219 of 1,465
Been looking for a closed pair of headphones to complement my HD800 and this was a no brainer now that Focal are having a firesale for this here. $445usd is too hard to say no to when it started off at $1300.
Where are they selling them for $445? That’s a steal. I’d pick one up in a heartbeat if I didn’t have one already.

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #1,220 of 1,465
Where are they selling them for $445? That’s a steal. I’d pick one up in a heartbeat if I didn’t have one already.
Addicted to Audio in Australia are having a big sale on Focal gear, they're selling the Radiance for $699aud. Figured you can't go wrong at that price.

Aug 19, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #1,221 of 1,465
Addicted to Audio in Australia are having a big sale on Focal gear, they're selling the Radiance for $699aud. Figured you can't go wrong at that price.
You definitely cannot. For that price I’m tempted to pick up a second pair because it’s so inexpensive. They’re having a sale on the OG Clear as well.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #1,222 of 1,465
You definitely cannot. For that price I’m tempted to pick up a second just because it’s so inexpensive. They’re having a sale on the OG Clear as well.

I thought about the Clear but remember it had clipping issues and not enough difference with my HD800. Would have got a Bathys instead but I only just picked up my Momentum 3s for very cheap a few months ago.

I don't know if they do international shipping but if they did you'd still be getting it way cheaper than what its going for in the US.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #1,223 of 1,465
There is a huge Focal Naim sale on at our local Authorised dealer.

Just bought some Radiance for US $450 (AUD $699) and some Bathys for US $420 (AUD $649) including taxes.

They have the Stellia for US $1150 ($1799 AUD) too.

Also great prices on the Clear, Clear Mg, Elegia and Celestee.

Can’t wait for them to arrive now.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #1,224 of 1,465
There is a huge Focal Naim sale on at our local Authorised dealer.

Just bought some Radiance for US $450 (AUD $699) and some Bathys for US $420 (AUD $649) including taxes.

They have the Stellia for US $1150 ($1799 AUD) too.

Also great prices on the Clear, Clear Mg, Elegia and Celestee.

Can’t wait for them to arrive now.
I should have waited a month to buy the Radiance. I bought mine less than a month ago for $890 USD and it was final sale so I can't return it :sweat_smile:

Congrats to those who are able to pick up a pair on sale! Radiance is a great headphone.

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,225 of 1,465
I feel like the Radiance more than any headphone I have, takes adjustment to get (re)adjusted to the sound signature. It sounds tinny for about 10 minutes and then it sounds fantastic. Maybe it's cause it's my only pair of closed backs that I listen to somewhat regularly.

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #1,226 of 1,465
1000003709.jpg

First impression is that the cable is rubbish. Too stiff and short even when I sit right next to my amp.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #1,228 of 1,465
Indeed it is. I replaced it with a Hart Audio cable and it’s been reliable so far.

I'm definitely going to replace it but don't feel like spending much on a cable right now. How much was yours and are their any decent options for around $50?

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #1,229 of 1,465
With the current crazy low prices on the Focal range in Australia, I have finally pulled the trigger and ordered my first two decent sets of headphones.

Got the Bathys for work and outside and the Radiance for home.

For now, due to restraints of my financial means, I will only have the options to use these with the following devices: iPhone 14 Pro, Apple TV 4K and the new MacBook Air.

I think my next purchases will be the following in this order:

* Balanced Cable for the Radiance
* DAC/AMP
* Bluetooth receiver for the Radiance (to stream from Apple TV)
* Open Back Headphones (Arya Stealth, Focal Clear Mg)

Some questions:

1) are these additions to the setup necessary?
Will they be worth it and lead to a noticeable improvement of the audio quality/experience considering I will mainly use the devices listed above to stream Apple Music and watch content via the Apple TV?

2) What DAC should I consider? Is the Chord Mojo 2 overkill for my needs and could I get something that would serve my needs just as well for the fraction of the price? What would you get if you were in my shoes and want a solid setup without going overboard?

3) I keep seeing people urge others to upgrade the Radiance with a balanced cable. All the options I can see suggested are either WAY too expensive for me to even consider at this stage, or not available in Australia.
Does any of you know of a decent cable that’s worth investing in around the AUD $200 mark from an Aussie shop? Or is there no point changing the cable with this budget limitation?

4) Change the Earpads of the Radiance to Dakoni Hybrid (I assume the ones that are made for the Clear would fit?) or leave it be?

5) Anything I should consider or anything you notice I got completely wrong?

Thank you in advance for all your help.
These are my first baby steps into this world, so please be kind if anything I reasoned above is ridiculous or completely wrong.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #1,230 of 1,465
I'm definitely going to replace it but don't feel like spending much on a cable right now. How much was yours and are their any decent options for around $50?
I don’t remember the exact price but the Hart Audio cable was around $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back