Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Jul 7, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #1,171 of 1,465
I'm now using the sheepskin Ali pads that have perforation in the centre part. Slightly less on the comfort but not as bad as I was expecting.
Look for this image
1688740897971.png

$30 a pair. I'm keeping my OG pads now as back-up

Jul 7, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #1,172 of 1,465
Interesting...how is the clamp and heat transfer with these compared to the stock?

Jul 7, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #1,174 of 1,465
Interesting...how is the clamp and heat transfer with these compared to the stock?
Clamp is slightly more since these pads are slightly thicker and the leather is less supple.
Gimme a day or 2 for heat it's been quite cool here but next few days will be scorching.

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #1,175 of 1,465
Wanted to share that N8ii pairs beautifully with Radiance - probably due to reduced sub bass and accentuated highs which makes stage more spacious and adds needed sparkle to the top end.

Jul 8, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #1,176 of 1,465
Wanted to give an update on the prototype ZMF pads that were sent out for me to test.

They finally arrived last night after being in the mail for three weeks. Unfortunately when they arrived yesterday I took a quick look at them and they just sent me the solid suede pads.

I guess I can’t complain because ZMF sent me a free set of pads but it’s not at all what I asked for and isn’t going to be a viable option for the Radiance.

What ZMF would need to make is a solid leather with a perforated leather center and obviously they don’t have that as an option and after three months of back and forth with them I can’t in good faith ask for them to be made.

@AppleheadMay has the only optimal option for replacement Radiance pads. They’re super expensive but at least they are the correct pads to be using that won’t alter the original tonality.
As promised I'm letting you know I received the 2 pairs of spare Focal Radiance earpads.
They are original Radiance pads, have the two kinds of fabric on the inner side of the pads, leather on the outside, same thickness.
I bought them from iEar.nl .

Jul 8, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #1,177 of 1,465
Wanted to give an update on the prototype ZMF pads that were sent out for me to test.

They finally arrived last night after being in the mail for three weeks. Unfortunately when they arrived yesterday I took a quick look at them and they just sent me the solid suede pads.

I guess I can’t complain because ZMF sent me a free set of pads but it’s not at all what I asked for and isn’t going to be a viable option for the Radiance.

What ZMF would need to make is a solid leather with a perforated leather center and obviously they don’t have that as an option and after three months of back and forth with them I can’t in good faith ask for them to be made.

@AppleheadMay has the only optimal option for replacement Radiance pads. They’re super expensive but at least they are the correct pads to be using that won’t alter the original tonality.
Aren't you selling yours?

Jul 8, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #1,178 of 1,465
Aren't you selling yours?
My Radiance?

It sold last week. I was hoping I’d have a chance to test the Radiance with the ZMF pads but they arrived over a month later than expected. It doesn’t matter anyway because they are just the suede solids. The thickness of the pad as well as material is going to change the stock Radiance tonality so I can tell even by looking at them that it won’t be a viable option for someone wanting the same FR.

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #1,179 of 1,465
While I was digging through my pile 'o pads I found the Stellia limited pads from Dekoni which are no longer that limited.
Stiffer foam and thus a bit thicker on the ears. Not bad at all. Compared to the cheap ali pads these are less fluffy and provide a bit more bass.

End of the day I am still just so impressed with the Radiance. Best Focal I ever had (which is all except for the Utopia).

Jul 12, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #1,180 of 1,465
While I was digging through my pile 'o pads I found the Stellia limited pads from Dekoni which are no longer that limited.
Stiffer foam and thus a bit thicker on the ears. Not bad at all. Compared to the cheap ali pads these are less fluffy and provide a bit more bass.

End of the day I am still just so impressed with the Radiance. Best Focal I ever had (which is all except for the Utopia).
I really liked those on the Elegia's, but they couldn't convince me to keep them.
I think the Radiance is a great closed back, but I really do prefer open backs so much more.

My favourite Focal headphones, or any headphone, are the Clears.😍

Jul 15, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #1,182 of 1,465
Recently bought the Radiance, curious whether there are any consensus favorite cables that people like?

I find the factory cables to be less than ideal, what with the short length and the way that they never really straighten out. I use the Nordost Heimdall with my Utopias, but of course those use different connectors and seem too spendy for the Radiance.

Jul 16, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #1,183 of 1,465
Recently bought the Radiance, curious whether there are any consensus favorite cables that people like?

I find the factory cables to be less than ideal, what with the short length and the way that they never really straighten out. I use the Nordost Heimdall with my Utopias, but of course those use different connectors and seem too spendy for the Radiance.
I’m using the Forza Noir Hybrid HPC with mine

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,185 of 1,465
Using an FAW Noir Hybrid with mine as well. For me the "hybrid" Copper/Silver, provides better extension in both directions, in the bass it goes deep while also decongesting and removes some bloat, and in the treble it adds more room in-between notes and instruments for added clarity and improved timbre compared to just using an all copper cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back