Focal Elegia - what do you think?
Oct 21, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #1,201 of 4,854
There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about Elegia’s isolation, specifically how much they leak music outside. I’m thinking about selling off my IEMs and buying closed back headphones for the office. It’s an open office, so do the Elegia’s leak sound out so much that it would bother people around me?

Oct 21, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #1,202 of 4,854
Got a pair of Elegia coming. Anyone have a set and wear glasses? Hows the seal go?

And any pad options out there that don't screw with the sound much?

IDK about glasses. Stock pads are good, don't recommend alternate pads.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about Elegia’s isolation, specifically how much they leak music outside. I’m thinking about selling off my IEMs and buying closed back headphones for the office. It’s an open office, so do the Elegia’s leak sound out so much that it would bother people around me?

I haven't received my Elegia yet. Measurements and reviews say that Elegia is good (good enough) in terms of isolation and leakage.

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #1,204 of 4,854
I eventually turned to a local company here in Hungary who made a custom cable for me. Cost me roughly the equivalent of $135 for a 3m silver cable with Furutech rhodium connectors—and the connectors were a good chunk of the price (I was dead set on rhodium for the looks and because it’s super reliable—not that gold-plated connectors wouldn’t be reliable anyway.) No complaints. Cable’s long and flexible, which is what I wanted.

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:44 AM Post #1,205 of 4,854
Cheap cable options guys?

Something 1.8m or so. 1.2m just a bit short sometimes.

Hi if you're struggling i can make you a 2 metre 4 Core 22awg Neotech UPOCC Copper cable for £65 which will have better ergonomics and a lot better sound quality than the stock cable or any cable 250+. DM me if you're interested, otherwise look for cables made out of mono crystal pure copper of pure silver, over OFC copper or silver plate. Silver needs to be 24awg or heavier to get the benefits and copper ideally 22awg of heavier. Look at the total weight of the conductor, number of strands, or cores makes little difference, its all about the amount of conductor. :)

Oct 25, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,208 of 4,854
Is it okay to cross reference "for sale" posts here?

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #1,209 of 4,854
Just received my Elegia. I decided to not to open until I get my source gear but couldn't resist, unboxed and listened to it.

So comfortable. Simply the most comfortable can I've ever worn.
Sounds surprisingly good from my Galaxy S9's headphone jack. Better than anything I've listened to so far even through my smartphone (MUCH better than the Aeon Flow Closed + DX220 combo) . Female vocals are emphasized and sound very good exactly as I want.
Poorly recorded/ mastered music sounds quite bad but it makes sense.

I will buy FiiO M11 Pro or wait for the M15 which will be released in December. Elegia must sound sublime with them.
The stock cable sucks! But I will buy a 4.4m balanced cable anyway.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #1,211 of 4,854
Shouldn't this headphone and this thread draw more attention?

Elegia is one of the most appreciated closed back headphones especially of the sub $1k market. Yes Stellia was released but it costs $3k, unbuyable for 99% of the people here, and has different sound signature so Elegia is still a very viable option.

Nov 3, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #1,212 of 4,854
Shouldn't this headphone and this thread draw more attention?

Elegia is one of the most appreciated closed back headphones especially of the sub $1k market. Yes Stellia was released but it costs $3k, unbuyable for 99% of the people here, and has different sound signature so Elegia is still a very viable option.

I agree, I got mine 2 weeks ago and enjoying its sound signature very much. Trying to find the most comfortable position/setting for my head hasn't happened yet (or maybe the clamp force is still too tight) but regardless of that I'm having a lot of fun. For the price I paid ($500 new) I'd say it's hard to beat. I was looking at the ZMF Eikon/Atticus as well but they would have cost almost 2x more than what I paid for my Elegias.

Nov 3, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #1,213 of 4,854
Are they really going for $500 new now????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back