Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #6,256 of 6,742
Attached is my communication with Focal America online support chat on Dec 4....still waiting for their “shortly “ reply 😡

Attachments

• 954C2A18-C27D-4039-BA3D-F9B117D4066B.jpeg
    954C2A18-C27D-4039-BA3D-F9B117D4066B.jpeg
    700.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 27, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #6,257 of 6,742
As much as i love my elear, yeah, i think they should do better or release some statemrnt regarding this as well, since theres some unlucky ppl cannot get repair treatment, but weirdly some simply can, still unclear...

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #6,258 of 6,742
Where in earth can I cash this warranty???
I have a dead Elear with 3+ years of warranty still and a “deaf” company whoch is supposed to deal with sound 😂

Did you purchase through an authorized dealer? Or did you purchase from an unauthorized party and you now expect warranty service outside of their authorized network?

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #6,259 of 6,742
Did you purchase through an authorized dealer? Or did you purchase from an unauthorized party and you now expect warranty service outside of their authorized network?
Am not sure it’s an authorized dealer, Unrealdeals supplier from Amazon but regardless Focal should tale charge of all defective cans especially that they extended the warranty regardless of the supplier.
They screwed up and it’s their product and fault.

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #6,260 of 6,742
Besides I don’t mind paying for a replacement coil regardless of the dealer.
Not answering a support request is totally unprofessional.

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #6,261 of 6,742
Am not sure it’s an authorized dealer, Unrealdeals supplier from Amazon but regardless Focal should tale charge of all defective cans especially that they extended the warranty regardless of the supplier.
They screwed up and it’s their product and fault.

It's quite clear that the warranty is honored when purchased through an authorized dealer only, regardless of extensions made to the warranty.

Authorized dealers then handle the warranty claims from/for their customers through Focal.

I'm guessing you didn't purchase through an authorized dealer and are now being hung out to dry by them.

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #6,262 of 6,742
It's quite clear that the warranty is honored when purchased through an authorized dealer only, regardless of extensions made to the warranty.

Authorized dealers then handle the warranty claims from/for their customers through Focal.

I'm guessing you didn't purchase through an authorized dealer and are now being hung out to dry by them.
Correct but i asked them to sell me a replacement coil to no avail !
Anyways no more Focal for me

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #6,263 of 6,742
Correct but i asked them to sell me a replacement coil to no avail !
Anyways no more Focal for me

That's not how they've decided to handle repairs. I imagine they don't want random people off the street purchasing individual parts, trying (and more then likely failing) to replace said parts themselves, then blaming Focal once again.

It may behoove you to do a bit more research on a purchase this large before making it next time.

Dec 27, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #6,264 of 6,742
While I agree that the warranty repairs and authorized retailers can be connected, repairing defective headphones at a reasonable cost (outside of warranty) is what classy companies do. Montblanc 149 is a flagship of the regular Montblanc fountain pen line and sells for close to what the Elears cost. If the pen fails (but the nib is intact), you can have it repaired/replaced it for about US$100. I do not see how replacing a coil would be that complicated that it cannot be done for under $200. That would earn respect for the company who will be seen to stand behind their product.

Dec 27, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #6,265 of 6,742
That's not how they've decided to handle repairs. I imagine they don't want random people off the street purchasing individual parts, trying (and more then likely failing) to replace said parts themselves, then blaming Focal once again.

It may behoove you to do a bit more research on a purchase this large before making it next time.
That’s not how Audeze or Hifiman honor their products regardless how it was bought but anyway lesson learned the expensive way. Acknowledging their defect would have been the honorable thing to do regardless !

Dec 27, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #6,266 of 6,742
While I agree that the warranty repairs and authorized retailers can be connected, repairing defective headphones at a reasonable cost (outside of warranty) is what classy companies do. Montblanc 149 is a flagship of the regular Montblanc fountain pen line and sells for close to what the Elears cost. If the pen fails (but the nib is intact), you can have it repaired/replaced it for about US$100. I do not see how replacing a coil would be that complicated that it cannot be done for under $200. That would earn respect for the company who will be seen to stand behind their product.
Exactly what I have been trying to convey, building trust and loyalty could only be done as you mentioned it.
There is no old school vs new school, it’s either respect by standing behind products (especially defective) or not.
Unless reported stolen, a Rolex watch could be fixed at any dealer for a price but again.....

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #6,268 of 6,742
I am using my elear headphones with a graham slee project solo headphone amp. Would an upgrade amp be beneficial or is this one ok. Thanks.
First tell us what you think of the combo! I own a GS Novo and it was a little cracker of an amp!

Dec 28, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #6,269 of 6,742
I am using my elear headphones with a graham slee project solo headphone amp. Would an upgrade amp be beneficial or is this one ok. Thanks.
I used it with both a Violectric HPA V90 and direct from Mcintosch. Violectric was a great match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back