Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #6,242 of 6,742
Is it possible to use the 3.5mm connectors on the cable with my nighthawk and hifiman 400 I headphones. They are both 2.5 Mm. Can I get converter connectors. Hope this makes sense.
You could but it would be very janky mate, best just grabbing another cable for the your Hawks and 400's!

Dec 25, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #6,244 of 6,742
anyone can help in finding a solution to my Elear dying on 1 side ? tried re-soldering all joints etc. Focal are turning a deaf ear to all my emails even though I suggested to them buying a replacement coil if they don't like to honor the warranty!

Dec 25, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #6,245 of 6,742
anyone can help in finding a solution to my Elear dying on 1 side ? tried re-soldering all joints etc. Focal are turning a deaf ear to all my emails even though I suggested to them buying a replacement coil if they don't like to honor the warranty!

Warranty work is handled through the authorized dealer the headphones were purchased from. You need to contact them.

Dec 26, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #6,246 of 6,742
Warranty work is handled through the authorized dealer the headphones were purchased from. You need to contact them.
I know but neither them nor Focal would bother reply !!!!

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #6,248 of 6,742
Of the leading manufacturers of the headphones in the same range as the Focal's, which have the same track record of consistent defects and a reluctance to fix them? When an issue is as prevalent and as well-documented as this one is, it points to a design flaw. It seems that we as a community are not holding Focal's feet to the fire for their unwillingness to rectify the problem in an honorable way.

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #6,249 of 6,742
Of the leading manufacturers of the headphones in the same range as the Focal's, which have the same track record of consistent defects and a reluctance to fix them? When an issue is as prevalent and as well-documented as this one is, it points to a design flaw. It seems that we as a community are not holding Focal's feet to the fire for their unwillingness to rectify the problem in an honorable way.
This should be answered by their representative, i'm also curious what their official statement on this, since i couldnot find any, they also sponsored on headfi, i saw a post about elex problem, they got replied and get fixed by focal, some also didnot, i wonder why, mostly is from USA costumer IIRC, there's possibility maybe they didnot contact proper way, or only based on region policy, but i still not sure

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #6,250 of 6,742
Do you bought it from Authorized Dealer ? my friend has one that didnot buy from Authorized dealer, and has problem but same as you, they didnot reply at all
I bought them from Amazon (Unrealdeals supplier) brand new at regular price. Tried contacting Focal France, US, Unrealdeals without any answer.
Although am sure it was from the problematic batch which warranty got extended to 5 years, i even offered them to buy s replacement coil😢.
Too bad as currently am leaning towards a Clear or Utopia but won’t do it, imagining paying more money to A company who truly believes in not paying for there mistakes or even bothering answering 😡

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #6,251 of 6,742
Truly so, Hifiman admit to there QCissues and honor there warranty, they even offer switching a faulty model to a higher model.
Focal should be bashed online to warn people not to buy from an un-honorable company.

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #6,252 of 6,742
This should be answered by their representative, i'm also curious what their official statement on this, since i couldnot find any, they also sponsored on headfi, i saw a post about elex problem, they got replied and get fixed by focal, some also didnot, i wonder why, mostly is from USA costumer IIRC, there's possibility maybe they didnot contact proper way, or only based on region policy, but i still not sure
Regardless, they shouldn’t sell malfunctioning items for Thousand of $ and ignore the issue.
That’s a S#%^y marketing idiotic strategy.

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #6,253 of 6,742
Now my $900 that Focal stole would only serve as an upgraded cable for the Hifiman Ananda or Arya 😛

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #6,254 of 6,742

They extended their warranty to 5 years and made it transferable with the original invoice.

Dec 27, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #6,255 of 6,742
They extended their warranty to 5 years and made it transferable with the original invoice.
Where in earth can I cash this warranty???
I have a dead Elear with 3+ years of warranty still and a “deaf” company whoch is supposed to deal with sound 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back