Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #586 of 6,742
  want me to mail down one??
I have like 8 of them
I'll send it out 2 day mail

what size ????

Mike

I appreciate it but it's not necessary. I have two of them at home. I just can't use it at the moment because the headphones were delivered to my job. My rant was more of "I'm disappointed at this very moment" and an FYI for those who may not have an adapter on hand. In three hours my torture will be over! 
dt880smile.png

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #587 of 6,742
I appreciate it but it's not necessary. I have two of them at home. I just can't use it at the moment because the headphones were delivered to my job. My rant was more of "I'm disappointed at this very moment" and an FYI for those who may not have an adapter on hand. In three hours my torture will be over! :dt880smile:
Haha. Hang in there.

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #588 of 6,742
  I appreciate it but it's not necessary. I have two of them at home. I just can't use it at the moment because the headphones were delivered to my job. My rant was more of "I'm disappointed at this very moment" and an FYI for those who may not have an adapter on hand. In three hours my torture will be over! 
dt880smile.png

You're in for one hell of a surprise--they are superb!!!!
Enjoy,use them in Good Health.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #589 of 6,742

want me to mail down one??
I have like 8 of them
I'll send it out 2 day mail

what size ????

Mike

dt880smile.png

Hopefully, the quality of Elear will drown out your initial disappointment 
biggrin.gif

@mikek200 mad respect goes out to you for your offer 
beerchug.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #590 of 6,742
First Impressions:
This is End-Game for me 
atsmile.gif
 They trump all other over-ear cans that I've owned by a significant margin (see my profile). It's like Focal has taken the best features from my favorite over-ears (HD650, R70x, X2, PM-2), combined and refined them. Not super wide but wide enough for me. Bass is pretty much just where I like it - plenty detailed, tight, and fast enough for my tastes. Mids are very present and detailed. I personally like the treble a lot, no drama here for me. I do not find them dark at all. Slightly warm and musical but not dark IMO. I find them to be a bit on the "fun" side like the Fidelio X2, except a 100 times more refined. I mean fun in the best way possible so don't kill me. Slightly laid back but dynamic and engaging. Based on the signature, I think I can listen to these for countless hours without fatigue. Forgive me if this sounds like incoherent rambling but I'm just bobbing my head to the music 
L3000.gif
 Well worth the asking price based on my personal experience. I purchased these based on Tyll's review! He's 3 for 3 with me. These are a definite hit! Once I get my lineup under control, these will sit nicely perched at the top of the pecking order.

Next Mission: Start the quest for the perfect cable (PlusSound for starters?) | Sell the PM-2 

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #592 of 6,742
Nothing bothered me at 3 - 5K or 10K. Granted, this is my initial impression so we will see. A lot of people, including Tyll, complained about the "crinkly" texture of the treble on the PM-2 and that never bothered me either. I could hear it but I liked it. I must be an odd duck 
blink.gif
 I guess people really do have to try these out for themselves because you never know.

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #593 of 6,742
  Tyll also said they were "tizzy" around 10k.....and that if he didn't focus on it then it was ok.

Let the excitement wear off after a few weeks...and then if you can claim end game...that'll be great.

Bern

Had them for a few weeks...I can definitely attest to that while Elear might not be an end-game pair of cans for me (Utopia is), but I definitely enjoyed it's sound signature very much. To me, that's the only thing that matter

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #594 of 6,742

Tyll also said they were "tizzy" around 10k.....and that if he didn't focus on it then it was ok.

Let the excitement wear off after a few weeks...and then if you can claim end game...that'll be great.

Bern

Had them for a few weeks...I can definitely attest to that while Elear might not be an end-game pair of cans for me (Utopia is), but I definitely enjoyed it's sound signature very much. To me, that's the only thing that matter

If Elear can be End game, then no1 will buy Utopia. A company will never try to make something which will be better than other expensive products in same product line.

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #595 of 6,742
  If Elear can be End game, then no1 will buy Utopia. A company will never try to make something which will be better than other expensive products in same product line.

That's not quite true.  Many people prefer the HD650 over the HD800 for example.  Technically speaky, the ToTL cans are still better in technicalities, just not for everyone's sonic preferences.  

Sep 22, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #596 of 6,742
For what Utopia brings to the table, a $999 Elear are meant for volume sale...just as Porsche did with their 911 vs Cayman/Boxster --> a taste of high-end at a fraction of the price

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #597 of 6,742
Nothing bothered me at 3 - 5K or 10K. Granted, this is my initial impression so we will see. A lot of people, including Tyll, complained about the "crinkly" texture of the treble on the PM-2 and that never bothered me either. I could hear it but I liked it. I must be an odd duck :blink:  I guess people really do have to try these out for themselves because you never know.

I see your point. When Tyll complains about some frequency, it worries me, however, when I listen myself, it doesn't really bother me most of the time. In fact, I have to concentrate a lot to try to hear what he hears :) I have the pm-3 and the lcd3 and they sound really good to me.

I have never listened to the elear and when I purchase them, is going to be based on all these comments. I won't be able to audition them before I make my purchase, but it seams that they fit my personal taste.

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #598 of 6,742
I guess we all have a different definitions for "end game" headphone. To me an end game headphone is not necessary a TOTL, or the best headphone in the world for that matter. To me an "end game" headphones is the one that satisfy me enough that makes me stop the game for searching more. For some people the stax009 is the end game, for some others like my best friend is the AKG7XX from massdrop and for other people is the elear. To me personally an "end game" headphone is a temporary state of mind. I have had so many, at least I thought at the moment, "end game" headphones. Is the "yeah!!! THIS IS IT" i don't need lo look any more. Until the upgrade itch or the curiosity for the new headphones knocks at my door. :)

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #599 of 6,742
First Impressions:
This is End-Game for me :atsmile:  They trump all other over-ear cans that I've owned by a significant margin (see my profile). It's like Focal has taken the best features from my favorite over-ears (HD650, R70x, X2, PM-2), combined and refined them. Not super wide but wide enough for me. Bass is pretty much just where I like it - plenty detailed, tight, and fast enough for my tastes. Mids are very present and detailed. I personally like the treble a lot, no drama here for me. I do not find them dark at all. Slightly warm and musical but not dark IMO. I find them to be a bit on the "fun" side like the Fidelio X2, except a 100 times more refined. I mean fun in the best way possible so don't kill me. Slightly laid back but dynamic and engaging. Based on the signature, I think I can listen to these for countless hours without fatigue. Forgive me if this sounds like incoherent rambling but I'm just bobbing my head to the music :L3000:  Well worth the asking price based on my personal experience. I purchased these based on Tyll's review! He's 3 for 3 with me. These are a definite hit! Once I get my lineup under control, these will sit nicely perched at the top of the pecking order.

Next Mission: Start the quest for the perfect cable (PlusSound for starters?) | Sell the PM-2 

Norne Zoetic. Really enjoying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back