Focal Clear headphones
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #12,361 of 12,543
I wouldn't say they clip at low volumes, but I cannot go as loud as I would like to.
The clear's should only clip once they hit very high SPL, or if you have added a large amount of bass boost with eq, and extremally bass heavy tracks. I have 6db of boost, and can put on a VERY bassy track, crank my volume and no clipping.

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #12,362 of 12,543

My ears are actually vibrating in the cups with this, obviously I don't recomend listening that loud for long, but damn it was fun lol

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #12,363 of 12,543
I wouldn't say they clip at low volumes, but I cannot go as loud as I would like to.

There's nothing fun about industrial deafness.

Lifelong hearing is more important than whatever you want now. If your Clear is clipping, you are listening too loud and you are damaging your hearing.

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #12,364 of 12,543
The clear's should only clip once they hit very high SPL, or if you have added a large amount of bass boost with eq, and extremally bass heavy tracks. I have 6db of boost, and can put on a VERY bassy track, crank my volume and no clipping.
I do have a bass boost on my signal chain but not as much as you, only 3db.

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #12,365 of 12,543
I didn't hear something special in Femme Fatale ; but in Pursuit from Gesaffelstein (I had to download the video from Youtube), my Clears can randomly crackle, but it could be a problem from my PC (even when I stop the music, I can hear some light noises for one second).
Thx dude, it is also possible that my S17 is overdriving the Clear's, I'm gonna take out my EQ and see if the clear's keep "clipping" on my next listening session.

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #12,366 of 12,543
There's nothing fun about industrial deafness.

Lifelong hearing is more important than whatever you want now. If your Clear is clipping, you are listening too loud and you are damaging your hearing.
Take it from a 70 year-old. @Beefy is 100% correct. Although some of the ladies dig my bedazzled hearing aids I'd rather have better hearing. Oh well, as some friends once sung, "What a long strange trip it's been"

Leo

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #12,367 of 12,543
Take it from a 70 year-old. @Beefy is 100% correct. Although some of the ladies dig my bedazzled hearing aids I'd rather have better hearing. Oh well, as some friends once sung, "What a long strange trip it's been"

Leo
Well, looking it through this perspective, it might be a side-benefit not been able to drive my Clear's as loud as I would prefer, lol!

Thx for all the comments.

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #12,368 of 12,543
Thx dude, it is also possible that my S17 is overdriving the Clear's, I'm gonna take out my EQ and see if the clear's keep "clipping" on my next listening session.
Some headphones seem to respond well to EQ but I've noticed that the clears don't.

Feb 1, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #12,373 of 12,543
I've had my Focal Clear for 5 years now, just wanted to say that when you get to 1800+ hours on them the soundstage really opens up 👍
YES! Burn is real!!! LOL

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back