Focal Clear headphones
Mar 6, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #11,746 of 12,550
I enjoy clear more on fiio m11+.
But astell Kern sr25ii is more beautiful to photograph ^^
A&K definitely have the advantage of style. I'm an M11+ owner as well. Works great ... but a little more "Brutalist" in design (maybe that's a little unfair).

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #11,747 of 12,550
The cable on the left is the original type of cable that was supplied with the Clear. When I got my open box, all three of my cables looked like that. The rubbery one on the right is the new style cable that should come with the Clear and Clear MG, again would assume that all three cables are the same type. My guess is that they switched to this type after all of the complaints that the original style cable was too stiff.

It does seem to be a bit of an oddity that you got one of each. Maybe a packaging error. Did you get an XLR as well?
It made me look for the box in which it came, and I do have an XLR in fact, the stiff zebra style. So it seems that at some point Focal switched the 3.5 mm cable from braided to rubber, resulting in this mixed set. All *clear*!

Mar 8, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #11,748 of 12,550
I bought the clear again(a month ago), had them back in 2021, sold them and came back to them again. The cables I got are the zebra style cables, no black cable in the box. I am not sure where people are getting these black cables.

Mar 8, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #11,749 of 12,550
Hey! I got my Clear open-box and I'm trying to figure out: are these the usual stock cables? I find it surprising that the short one and the long one look and feel completely different.

The cable on the left is the original type of cable that was supplied with the Clear. When I got my open box, all three of my cables looked like that. The rubbery one on the right is the new style cable that should come with the Clear and Clear MG, again would assume that all three cables are the same type. My guess is that they switched to this type after all of the complaints that the original style cable was too stiff.

It does seem to be a bit of an oddity that you got one of each. Maybe a packaging error. Did you get an XLR as well?

It made me look for the box in which it came, and I do have an XLR in fact, the stiff zebra style. So it seems that at some point Focal switched the 3.5 mm cable from braided to rubber, resulting in this mixed set. All *clear*!

I bought the clear again(a month ago), had them back in 2021, sold them and came back to them again. The cables I got are the zebra style cables, no black cable in the box. I am not sure where people are getting these black cables.

That is a Clear Professional black cable. Someone messed with the open box.

Mar 8, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #11,750 of 12,550
That is a Clear Professional black cable. Someone messed with the open box.
Hm, you're right that it looks like the cable that would come with the pro. See e.g. this pic from Sweetwater:
clear_pro.png

I still find it funny that they would just change the colors and accessories and sell the same headphone as a "professional" version..

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #11,752 of 12,550
Trying to find a solution. Having the spring coil issue, the rattling on my left driver. I tried repositioning it and it still doesn't work. Any simple solutions that I can do to mitigate or solve it completely? I was thinking of just taping the spring coil down so it doesn't move at all but open to any suggestions.

Mar 11, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #11,753 of 12,550
Hi I have a weird question in specific scenario.

I live in Australia before, and now I moved to another country.

Focal guarantee and repair is limited to a specific country.

So, now , if my clear is broken, I can't repair it via local distributor in another country? (Repair,not guarantee claim).

The local distributor Also doesn't sell the clear OG version.

Thanks
Anyone have idea on this?

Mar 11, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #11,754 of 12,550
I would call Focal and ask them what their policy is.

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #11,756 of 12,550
Hi I have a weird question in specific scenario.

I live in Australia before, and now I moved to another country.

Focal guarantee and repair is limited to a specific country.

So, now , if my clear is broken, I can't repair it via local distributor in another country? (Repair,not guarantee claim).

The local distributor Also doesn't sell the clear OG version.

Thanks
You don’t repair Focal headphones out of warranty due to the exorbitant price Focal charges you for repair. For the cost (including international shipping) and the hassle of dealing with Focal, you can often just buy a used copy for less or add some money and get a new one with full 3 or 5yr warranty. Remember this is a company that charges you $200 for an ear pad that costs a few bucks to make.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #11,757 of 12,550
Whew! Just gone through the whole thread, this thing is book-length! I bought my Clear OG 2 months ago for $710 and it been a revelation! I've had a pair of Senn HD600'S for over 20 yrs but these are a whole new level. I'm fortunate, I've got a good set (w/black cables!) that don't exhibit any of the Focal known problems. No clipping, no peeling, no rattling. Been in the Audio hobby for 40 yrs and the Clears are one of the top choices in any type of gear that I've ever made! Here's my most detailed audiophile description of my Clears. These babies are the most toe-tapping, head bangin', smile-inducing set of cans I've ever had the pleasure of owning!:wink:

Mar 11, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #11,759 of 12,550
Whew! Just gone through the whole thread, this thing is book-length! I bought my Clear OG 2 months ago for $710 and it been a revelation! I've had a pair of Senn HD600'S for over 20 yrs but these are a whole new level. I'm fortunate, I've got a good set (w/black cables!) that don't exhibit any of the Focal known problems. No clipping, no peeling, no rattling. Been in the Audio hobby for 40 yrs and the Clears are one of the top choices in any type of gear that I've ever made! Here's my most detailed audiophile description of my Clears. These babies are the most toe-tapping, head bangin', smile-inducing set of cans I've ever had the pleasure of owning!:wink:
Clear OG are certainly one of my ‘actives’ in the headphone rotation. If you wish, the realms of headphone cables & alternate earpads can be explored to further your enjoyment of Clear OG.
BDB7E28F-9691-4748-9975-54D8E0BF380E.jpeg

Mar 12, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #11,760 of 12,550
Clear OG are certainly one of my ‘actives’ in the headphone rotation. If you wish, the realms of headphone cables & alternate earpads can be explored to further your enjoyment of Clear OG. BDB7E28F-9691-4748-9975-54D8E0BF380E.jpeg
I've got a set of Delkoni Stellia pads on the way. I like yr headband cover, I'm sure you've mentioned it (seen yr pictures all over the thread!) but care to share where you got them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back