Focal Clear headphones
Sep 10, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #4,442 of 12,543
Many thanks to all on this thread for your input on Mojo and Clear pairing. I am reassured that it will sound great and don’t feel any disappointment that I don’t have a budget for a more premium dac/amp.

I will be able to purchase another DAC/AMP in 2019, but for now it has taken me 6 months to save up for the Clear which arrive tomorrow.

Really excited.

I'm listening to Clear + Mojo right now. Sounds stellar, crystal clear. With this combo, you can be set for life. If saving up is involved, I wouldn't bother with thinking about upgrading either one, just sit back and enjoy the music.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #4,445 of 12,543
I'm listening to Clear + Mojo right now. Sounds stellar, crystal clear. With this combo, you can be set for life. If saving up is involved, I wouldn't bother with thinking about upgrading either one, just sit back and enjoy the music.

So you like the clear with the mojo more than the hugo 2? I have the hugo 2 and while I think it's an ok combo, I think the clear could sound better with something else that gives off more warmth. But the detail with the hugo 2 is amazing.

Sep 11, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #4,446 of 12,543
So you like the clear with the mojo more than the hugo 2? I have the hugo 2 and while I think it's an ok combo, I think the clear could sound better with something else that gives off more warmth. But the detail with the hugo 2 is amazing.

See post 4428. When I do the comparison I described, they sound the same to me, so I can’t advocate spending more to get the Hugo 2, especially if a financial stretch is involved.

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #4,447 of 12,543
My Focal Clear Headphones were delivered 2 hours ago. Rushed home and unboxed them.

Wow, they look incredible all shiny and new.

Infact I might not even listen to them, just place them in a glass enclosure. You know, like in that original ‘ The Pink Panther’ movie from where the diamond was stolen.

Is it ok not to listen to them, but just look at them for a few months? Has anyone else done this on this thread?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #4,449 of 12,543
Or perhaps never listen to them and only look at them. Can use the imagination to wonder how they sound.

Is that ok?

I can understand the feeling. But no, please listen to them and let us know how it is! I am thinking about getting Audeze LCD-X and I want to know if Focal Clear is a better alternate, if ever there is for Audeze LCD-X (many rave reviews out there!)

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #4,451 of 12,543
Neutral in the right way - which means not thin and not lacking warmth.
Love this. Great way to describe them. Sometimes neutral can lead people to think “Ok, you mean boring then...” which the Clear is anything but!

2 years from an online retailer and 3 years from a brick and mortar retailer.
Yep. Right on!
Or perhaps never listen to them and only look at them. Can use the imagination to wonder how they sound.

Is that ok?
Totally. Get your pink panther on and just stair at them. Next step is to crack open the cable carrying case like Vincent Vega

upload_2018-9-11_11-47-22.gif

Oh yeah, we happy with Clears...

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-11_11-44-40.gif
    upload_2018-9-11_11-44-40.gif
    866.6 KB · Views: 0
Sep 11, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #4,452 of 12,543
Is it ok not to listen to them, but just look at them for a few months? Has anyone else done this on this thread?
Your money, do with them as you please. But I do agree - the French have a certain flair for design. Most other headphones look uninspiringly average by comparison.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #4,453 of 12,543
My Focal Clear Headphones were delivered 2 hours ago. Rushed home and unboxed them.

Wow, they look incredible all shiny and new.

Infact I might not even listen to them, just place them in a glass enclosure. You know, like in that original ‘ The Pink Panther’ movie from where the diamond was stolen.

Is that ok?

In the sports car world, it's not uncommon for people to buy nice cars and hardly drive them ("garage queens"). The rest of us who actually drive the cars get on their case for not driving them. Personally, I don't like to own things if I'm not using them for their intended purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back