Focal Clear headphones
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #376 of 12,543
Great Question lol.....i prefer more the HD800S in this Pricerange...i also own two Pairs of the Utopias.....i think the right words for the Clear Headphones.....the soundsignature is a little bit dark sounding versus the Utopia for my taste

REGARDS from Austria

NOMAX

What about the soundstage of the Clear? I have listen/read that the Elear has a very narrow soundstage compared to the Sennheiser 800/800s.

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #377 of 12,543
Yes the Soundstage is larger as then from ELEAR&UTOPIA...the Pads of CLEAR are Deeper and different

NOMAX

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #378 of 12,543
.....now i have tried the other way......i am spechless....it sounds GREAT-FANTASTIC-PERFECT!!

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

NOMAX

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #379 of 12,543
Yes the Soundstage is larger as then from ELEAR&UTOPIA...the Pads of CLEAR are Deeper and different

NOMAX

How is the upper-mid dip compared to the Elear's? Is it more neutral, or just a smaller dip?

I'm interested in a more brighter, analytical headphone to complement my darker, bassier headphones.

Nov 1, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #381 of 12,543
What are you using for your darker bassier hp?

You can check my signature. I just ordered the Sony's so they're still on the way. If it turns out I don't like the MDR-Z1R, I'll sell it and order the LCD-2C since I have heard (and liked) the pre-fazor models before.

I'm hoping the Clear's are closer to the Utopia in signature, because the Elear's upper-mid dip sucked out all the energy from the songs. It was an odd headphone that tried to be exciting and romantic (?) at the same time.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #385 of 12,543
The comfort is very good, the clamping is just good. Actualy I have only the Focal clear, but if you have 5 minutes my profile explain my history on headphone... This headphone is very special, very good balance, soundstge, clarity voice !

Nov 2, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #386 of 12,543
I am considering buying HD800S for the best soundstage and to use when I get tired of listening to my Elears. Anyone own both HD800S and Clear and can compare please?

Nov 3, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #388 of 12,543
Well I'm in on getting a pair love the Elear's sq every review I've read say the Clear's are better..enjoy

Nov 6, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #390 of 12,543
You can check my signature. I just ordered the Sony's so they're still on the way. If it turns out I don't like the MDR-Z1R, I'll sell it and order the LCD-2C since I have heard (and liked) the pre-fazor models before.

I'm hoping the Clear's are closer to the Utopia in signature, because the Elear's upper-mid dip sucked out all the energy from the songs. It was an odd headphone that tried to be exciting and romantic (?) at the same time.
the Clears are closer to the Utopia in signature. They have a slight bass boost compared to the Utopia, but the treble isn't as "sharp" (in quotes because I LOVE the treble sparkle on the Utopia, but some find it fatiguing over time).

I think the Clears could be a great compliment to the Z1R. Similar to the compliment of an HD800 to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back