Focal Clear headphones
Feb 24, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #2,791 of 12,550
I'm made up for you mate,my pro on order should get them next week,does the red and black look good in the flesh?
Absolutely! I'll take some pictures and get them up later. I'm kind of paranoid about getting the headband dirty because I shave my head and I don't want to get sweat and stuff on it. I'll just need to wash my head whenever I want to listen to my headphones...lol.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #2,792 of 12,550
Absolutely! I'll take some pictures and get them up later. I'm kind of paranoid about getting the headband dirty because I shave my head and I don't want to get sweat and stuff on it. I'll just need to wash my head whenever I want to listen to my headphones...lol.
Lol mate funny as,I've shaved my beard off so I don't get the pads dirty and I get a good seal,I'll wear my swimming cap when I listen to them,can't wait to see the pics,hope that coiled cable is OK

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #2,793 of 12,550
I have not heard the LCD-4 and honestly dont see myself owning them given the weight (i value comfort). Have heard the Utopias from my Holo Spring 3 Kitsune and Violetric 281. Wonderful headphones with even more precise imaging and amazing dynamics. To be clear (no pun intended), I dont think soundstage is one of the reasons I purchased the clear. I have heard HPs with much better soundstage at this price point. Soundstage (so we have our definition straight) is the sense of space, left - right, between and beyond. To me imaging is the ability to locate instruments or voices in that space. At this price, I have not heard another headphone that images better with an overall pleasing tonality that the clears have. I feel comfortable building a system around the clears as they represent great price/performance and granted this is very subjective. While I thought the AFCs were decent sounding with great comfort and isolation, they were incredibly boring flat especially at the low end and anemic. If that's your cup of tea, great. It wasn't mine and I ended up getting the Beyerdynamic T5p II for that use case and enjoy them much more as a portable.

I agree with this completely, headphone soundstage is quite artificial in comparison to a two channel system. To me, and IMO imaging and tonality are more desirable traits in a headphone. I prefer the Clear to the HD800/s, Ether Flow O/C, LCD-3F; I have yet to hear the Autuer, LCD-4, or 820. In this price range, and what I’ve heard in my system, the Clear is clearly superior at imaging, and my other hot button, tonal accuracy to anything out there.

Feb 24, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #2,794 of 12,550

Sounds like you need a ball cap reserved for headphone listening :wink:!

Feb 24, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #2,795 of 12,550
Lol mate funny as,I've shaved my beard off so I don't get the pads dirty and I get a good seal,I'll wear my swimming cap when I listen to them,can't wait to see the pics,hope that coiled cable is OK

Now we need pictures of you in your swimming cap, listening to the Clear!

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #2,797 of 12,550
I can't figure out how to post pics... (I'm old and old)

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #2,799 of 12,550
are you using a laptop or your phone? Feel free to PM (private message) me if you think it will be too off topic of the Clear. I'll help you get some pics fired up!

I got it, thanks! Clear's brother from another mother...

These come with a coiled cable terminated with a 1/4" plug and a shorter straight cable terminated with a 3.5mm. They sound absolutely amazing! (sitting on a 1976 Klipsch Heresy HD-BR)
9937196_l.jpg
9937195_l.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #2,801 of 12,550
What's with the scratch mate?
Scratch? Dude...you just completely freaked me out, and I checked these under 3 different lights looking for anything even resembling a scratch...lol. I started using a lint roller to remove any dirt or debris from the pads after I'm done listening to them. I also bought moistened wipes for my head before listening...lol

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #2,804 of 12,550
I just have to post a appreciation post for these bad boys, I’ve heard several open backs in the last few weeks but I just keep getting back to the Clear.

Everything just sounds so good in them, very airy, very revealing, excellent tonality and timbre. They are quite on the bright side of neutral but the treble is “just” right and the bass is just like a subwoofer when turned up and in combination with a good amp/dac they are just magical.

Every time I think a high-end headphone does something good I put the Clear on and realize it actually does it better. If I had to point out one thing it would be the weight it just gets somewhat uncomfy after a while.

My personal favorite of 2017/2018 and a new standard for all summit-fi cans for sure.

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #2,805 of 12,550
I just have to post a appreciation post for these bad boys, I’ve heard several open backs in the last few weeks but I just keep getting back to the Clear.

Everything just sounds so good in them, very airy, very revealing, excellent tonality and timbre. They are quite on the bright side of neutral but the treble is “just” right and the bass is just like a subwoofer when turned up and in combination with a good amp/dac they are just magical.

Every time I think a high-end headphone does something good I put the Clear on and realize it actually does it better. If I had to point out one thing it would be the weight it just gets somewhat uncomfy after a while.

My personal favorite of 2017/2018 and a new standard for all summit-fi cans for sure.
I love your post mate I'm made up you like them so much,it's just a shame they in grey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back