Focal Clear headphones
Jan 9, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #1,666 of 12,550
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #1,667 of 12,550
hmmm I usually get a sharper treble out of the Utopia than the Clear, but maybe its just the gear we have here? I'm curious to hear others thoughts as well on the matter. The Utopia definitely changes more with amp/source then the Clear, thats for sure.
Thanks for the pics! Looks really neat and clean job. Did you just puncture holes in the foam and then slide them over the screw heads I am guessing?

Indeed it seems to ! With my Pioneer the Clear was good and the Utopia just too much ... and there was no way I was going to buy them ... but moving onto the Sony TH-ZA1ES it was a massive amount better for the Utopia's but only a bit for the Clear's. I know the Sony costs 3 times the Pioneer but having bought the Sony amp I bought the Utopia's too :)

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #1,668 of 12,550
This here Looks different
Utopia.... P... Punk?

Think logical

P.........

12 letters and you know the answer

REGARDS NOMAX

PS.and don't forget the lol :)

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,670 of 12,550
hmmm I usually get a sharper treble out of the Utopia than the Clear, but maybe its just the gear we have here? I'm curious to hear others thoughts as well on the matter. The Utopia definitely changes more with amp/source then the Clear, thats for sure.
Thanks for the pics! Looks really neat and clean job. Did you just puncture holes in the foam and then slide them over the screw heads I am guessing?
Yes, I punctured holes in the foam and slid them over the screw heads as you said.

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,671 of 12,550
Hi Luke,

whatever the headphones,
in general it is recommended to use a volume for burning in that falls within the range of "normal" listening volumes,
i.e. not low = may have no effect; nor too high = may cause damage.

Wishing you a lot of pleasure with your Clear,
bidn
Thanks. Thought maybe you should start low and raise periodically.

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #1,673 of 12,550
P stands for.....

REGARDS NOMAX

Attachments

• IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #1,676 of 12,550
P stands for PROFFESIONAL my Friends lol

REGARDS NOMAX

We already knew that. Just having some jokes lol :p

But are the earpads really going to be red?

Nomax, can you tell Focal to make it look like the Focal Utopia? (So no red earpads please :p )

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #1,677 of 12,550
This here Looks different

Think logical

P.........

12 letters and you know the answer

REGARDS NOMAX

PS.and don't forget the lol :)

Sure, you've already mentioned before, "P.o.e.s.o.a.” ... LOL
But naahhh, not for me, I'm not a professional... oohhh sh$$.t ...sorry!
Not for my pockets if it has Utopia on surname. And I don’t need another headphone other than Clear, never - finito - kaput - game over! Before buying Clear I was reading Sennheiser thread and there were guys linstening HD650 for 14 years?! So I've decided for a reasonable time, I'm 52 so 13 years listening Clear till my retirement at 65, great plan. Till there, enjoy the music.

Jan 9, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,680 of 12,550
I never said it didn’t have a P. I said it didn’t start with the letter P

In Few Weeks my Friends...and don't fotget LOL

Regards Nomax

You guys... Such trolls :p Closed Clear sounds interesting though as they normally have more bass! Not that I like bass or anything... :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back