Focal Celestee (New Closed-Back Headphone)
Sep 25, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #541 of 634
The Vérité Closed is one way of the best options, if you're looking for a TOTL closed-back headphone. At this price range, it really boils down to your listening preferences, IMO. If you want something that's lush and full-bodied, the ZMF flagship is certainly one of the end-game options. However, if you want a neutral flagship with high levels of technical prowess, you'll want a Rögnir. If you want a balanced flagship that's quite the genre wizard, you can opt for a Stellia (or an AH-D9200 for half the cost).
I agree was posting my preference but there is no wrong answer

Nov 10, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #542 of 634
Hi Guys,

I got a Elegia, respectively i will got one for Christmas from my girlfriend (includet Dekoni Stellia Pads). I tried it allready for couple of hours and i like the sound very well, goosebumps included. But there is something thats disapointed me a little. The punch or kick (not sure whats the difference is). I would say, punch/kick is a little bit stronger with stock pads, but with the Dekoni Stellia Pads is the overall sound signature better, the isolation and comfort get improved to.
I used to hear music whith a Shure SRH940 for the last 7 years. In comperassion to Elegia, the Shure has a cold, lifeless sound and soundstage is a foreign word, ditails and treble are somekind on par (imo).
But, SRH940 has a better punch (or kick). Yeah, the bass quantity is less, but it kicks the crap out of your head...and i love that.
Did someone expierienced same comparasiaion with Celestee, respectively has anyone an SRH940 to compare with? Is the punch on the Celestee as good as on SRH940?
I read already that Celestee has better punch then Elegia, but i would like to know, how is it copared to SRH940.
And is the soundstage of the Celestee as narrow as on the SRH940, or is it bigger?
I'm considering swapping Elegia for Celestee, if the Celestee punch is somewhere near to SRH940 an the soundstage is between Elegia and SHR940.

Can someone help we with that?
Greeting

PS: sorry for my poor english

Nov 10, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #543 of 634
Hi Guys,

I got a Elegia, respectively i will got one for Christmas from my girlfriend (includet Dekoni Stellia Pads). I tried it allready for couple of hours and i like the sound very well, goosebumps included. But there is something thats disapointed me a little. The punch or kick (not sure whats the difference is). I would say, punch/kick is a little bit stronger with stock pads, but with the Dekoni Stellia Pads is the overall sound
Greeting

PS: sorry for my poor english
Honestly if you want the best breakdown of the focal closed backs go to Resolve's reviews on youtube. He owns the Elegia, Stellia, and possibly the Celestee now i think, he at least spent a good few weeks with the Celestee.

Unlike a lot of reviewers who often compare them from memory, or even users here, I think that's the place to go for a detailed breakdown.

Nov 10, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #544 of 634
Honestly if you want the best breakdown of the focal closed backs go to Resolve's reviews on youtube. He owns the Elegia, Stellia, and possibly the Celestee now i think, he at least spent a good few weeks with the Celestee.

Unlike a lot of reviewers who often compare them from memory, or even users here, I think that's the place to go for a detailed breakdown.
I love watching some of those reviews and later I end up on forums like this one where one person will confirm what was mentioned in the review and the next person will basically post the opposite.

A good example is Focal (Elegia, Celestek) Vs Dan Clark (drop, noir etc)

Really frustrating sometimes.

Mar 4, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #547 of 634
Can someone suggest me an IEM for around 300€-400€ with similar sound to the Celestee?
It should be available in Europe.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #548 of 634
Had this for 2 weeks now.

Superior to my outgoing Elegia, no doubt. Much more like a baby Stellia. Warmer, much better bass region, more ‘holographic’ sound with a more natural timbre.

These are a nice closed back. And they’re gorgeous to look at, possibly the nicest looking headphone ive ever seen

Mar 6, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #549 of 634
So I purchased a pair of Celestees for which I’ll be using for work in the office. I need to buy a portable amp/dac and not sure If I want a dongle or a smaller desktop Option.

After a bit of research I’m on the fence over the IFI hip dac @ 150 or their new IFI Go blu amp/dac @ 200

https://ifi-audio.com/products/go-blu/

This new one is bluetooth so I don’t have to get the weird lightning adapter for my iPhone and there is a wired option for usb connectivity as well. It has x-bass and x-space options to help perhaps a bit with bass response and sound stage limitation with the celestee.

I’m just not sure if 250 mw @ 32 Ohms via balanced is enough juice to drive the Celestee or not? Anybody have an opinion on which option to go with Or perhaps a different option all together?
I just bought 2 days ago the zen dac v2. The sound is amazing on the celestee. Compared with thr dragonfly cobalt on a laptop and tidal app i can say that the zen dac v2 is much better than the cobalt.

Mar 12, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #550 of 634
Sunk enough hours in with Celestee to give some impressions i think (30-40hours of listening)

I had the Elegia before, these are pretty different. They're a lot closer to the sound of the Clear than the Elegia, the bass has more punch and is much better overall. The Elegia bass to me was a little feeble, the Celestee sounds a lot more impressive in the low end, like the Clear, it's a punchy quality.

The Celestee is very detailed, vocals sound excellent. It has the focal timbre, and sounds less natural than the Clear, that is, the sound is more coloured by the Focal signature. At the same time, it's less coloured than Elegia.

The Celestee to me is a substantial upgrade over the Elegia, offering a better tonal balance and timbre.

The Celestee is also better than my other closed back, the P9 signature. It has greater clarity, detail, and a greater sense of depth and holographic placement.

The soundstage is small and reminds my of my campfire solaris IEMs. But its not a concern.

If the Clear is a 10/10 the Celestee is a 7/10 imo.

Oh and it's insanely good looking. It's the best looking headphone I've ever seen, Stellia included.

Mar 12, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #551 of 634
So I purchased a pair of Celestees for which I’ll be using for work in the office. I need to buy a portable amp/dac and not sure If I want a dongle or a smaller desktop Option.

After a bit of research I’m on the fence over the IFI hip dac @ 150 or their new IFI Go blu amp/dac @ 200

https://ifi-audio.com/products/go-blu/

This new one is bluetooth so I don’t have to get the weird lightning adapter for my iPhone and there is a wired option for usb connectivity as well. It has x-bass and x-space options to help perhaps a bit with bass response and sound stage limitation with the celestee.

I’m just not sure if 250 mw @ 32 Ohms via balanced is enough juice to drive the Celestee or not? Anybody have an opinion on which option to go with Or perhaps a different option all together?
I was slightly underwhelmed by the ifi go blu. BUT, the hip dac 2 - now that’s a really nice combination!

I use felt strips to stick it to my iPhone 13 pro (onto a cheap case), and it sounds amazing.

No Bluetooth, but this might work for you too?

3E295824-FB51-4B14-9A24-7E1007E517E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #552 of 634
Sunk enough hours in with Celestee to give some impressions i think (30-40hours of listening)

I had the Elegia before, these are pretty different. They're a lot closer to the sound of the Clear than the Elegia, the bass has more punch and is much better overall. The Elegia bass to me was a little feeble, the Celestee sounds a lot more impressive in the low end, like the Clear, it's a punchy quality.

The Celestee is very detailed, vocals sound excellent. It has the focal timbre, and sounds less natural than the Clear, that is, the sound is more coloured by the Focal signature. At the same time, it's less coloured than Elegia.

The Celestee to me is a substantial upgrade over the Elegia, offering a better tonal balance and timbre.

The Celestee is also better than my other closed back, the P9 signature. It has greater clarity, detail, and a greater sense of depth and holographic placement.

The soundstage is small and reminds my of my campfire solaris IEMs. But its not a concern.

If the Clear is a 10/10 the Celestee is a 7/10 imo.

Oh and it's insanely good looking. It's the best looking headphone I've ever seen, Stellia included.
I agree with your assessment I have the OG clears and preferred them to the new ones but it's quite close. The Celestee are a step down in SQ but they are also a step down in price and being closed back I think has in inherent detriment for SQ. However the Celestee are my office headphones and for the price offer a damn good SQ for that use application. I can crank them at my desk and really not much sound bleed and the isolation is quite good so I don't get distracted in an open air environment.

Mar 16, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #553 of 634
Bad News Folks,

My left Driver is now out of order.
The right one is still ok, the left is dead.
I love the Sound of the Celestee.
I switched the Cable left to right, I use a other Amp, but still the same problem.

I must make a returning or replacement, I‘m luckily still under Warranty (7 Months).
My problem is when it‘s happen regulary and when I‘m don‘t in my Warranty Period.

I‘m pretty pissed now.
I‘ve used 10$ In-Ears for years and they work till today (even my 2-Year old Bluetooth Stuff is still working). For 1.000$ is very bad. It‘s night here and I‘m angry and Disappointed.

Mar 17, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #554 of 634
I‘ve contact the seller (not Focal) and they will repair or replace the Celestee, but they need 1-2 months for it. It‘s clear a failure from Focal and I must wait that long and I get no guarantee that the Celestee will now hold the whole Warranty Period. In worst case I can send him every 6-Months to the seller with 1-2 months waiting time. I try to get my money back, because It‘s definetly Focal‘s fault and not mine. Even Focal can not guarantee that the Headphone last 2-Years without failure. I think it‘s intentional from Focal. They release broken stuff and the consumer must return them and in worst case they get broken after that again.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #555 of 634
The're really big ****heads by Focal. My seller told me that Focal can repair a Headphone 3-times before I can get my money back!
Are they crazy or on drugs! I paid for a new Headphone without flaws, not for broken s*it that I can sent in every 6-Months. On top of that I must wait 1-2 months for repair with no exchange! What's next? The right Driver or the left again? I will inform myself legally. That is not ok, that is scam.
This is a manufacturing defect that can be repaired 3 times ?!? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: When I don't have luck and it's after 2-Years again, I'm f*cked.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back