Focal Celestee (New Closed-Back Headphone)
Aug 23, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #631 of 634
On the hunt for a set of closed back cans for office use. Was considering re-purchasing the Elegia but tried the Celestee earlier and it sounded much better than I remember it sounding when I listened a couple of years back. Yes the soundstage is kinda non-existent, but other than that it seemed to get quite a lot right and it had that Focal immediacy and engagement which I love. Judging from the number of pages this thread has, this seems to be one of Focal's least popular/successful products...am curious, do we have any long term users of the Celestee who still use it regularly?

Aug 23, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #632 of 634
On the hunt for a set of closed back cans for office use. Was considering re-purchasing the Elegia but tried the Celestee earlier and it sounded much better than I remember it sounding when I listened a couple of years back. Yes the soundstage is kinda non-existent, but other than that it seemed to get quite a lot right and it had that Focal immediacy and engagement which I love. Judging from the number of pages this thread has, this seems to be one of Focal's least popular/successful products...am curious, do we have any long term users of the Celestee who still use it regularly?
I think so too that they went under the radar.

I have them for 2 years now. I don‘t use them that often currently, I use more and more IEM‘s atm, but they‘re still great. When I hear with them it‘s a great experience.
At the beginning I heard like 1-2 hours, 3-4 days a week, now it‘s like 2 times a month, not because I don‘t like them anymore, again, it‘s because I switched over to IEM‘s.

I’ve had a dead driver after 7 months, but atleast the replacement still hold up. Based on this thread I was the only one with that problem.

For the current prices around 500-700$, I think you can‘t go wrong.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #633 of 634
Office use is exactly my usage. Policy writing is best done under the influence of music…
Celestee (balanced cable) hooked up to an Astell and Kern PA10 and either a Hiby RS6 or A&k SA700. Very close to desktop performance.

Mar 19, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #634 of 634
Perfect pairing - ZMF Lektrik-C 4 strand in rose gold :beyersmile:

IMG_4788 Large.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back