Focal Celestee (New Closed-Back Headphone)
Mar 26, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #571 of 634
Need a little advice.

Where does the Radiance fit in the line up

Stellia
Radiance
Celestee?

I have the Clear MG’s and absolutely love them. Now I’m looking for a closed back for the house. Driven with a Fiio K9 Pro

I’m wondering if anyone has done an A-B with the Celestee and Radiance ? Both are available, though the Radiance are slightly used.

Mar 26, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #572 of 634
If you like a little more bass, go with the Radiance. If you like a more balanced signature, choose the Celestee. They're cut from the same cloth.

Mar 26, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #574 of 634
I wish the Radiance hadn't been limited edition. They seem like they would be basically perfect to me!

I ordered the Celestee today. Really hoping I like them. :thumbsup:
They were popping up regularly in pre-loved form around $850-900 USD in the classifieds, on US Audio Mart, etc.

So if you keep an eye out, you should be able to find a pair if the Celestee isn’t warm enough in the mid-range.

Mar 26, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #575 of 634
I wish the Radiance hadn't been limited edition. They seem like they would be basically perfect to me!

I ordered the Celestee today. Really hoping I like them. :thumbsup:
Ya, it was something of a minor miracle I was able to locate the one I found. Pretty scarce around Toronto.

Mar 31, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #577 of 634
Just got my Celestee today.

First of all, most beautiful pair of headphones I've ever seen. Focal really knows how to make good-looking cans. :beyersmile:

Very impressed with the isolation. Potentially even better than the NightOwl. Total silence when I put them on. They are quite heavy and a bit clampy, but not uncomfortable. Not sure why so many people complain about the cable; the cable is fine. It's not amazing, but it's not microphonic, and that's really all I care about.

Now, the sound: better bass response than I was expecting. I don't find these to be bright, and I was a bit worried I would. The bass is very tight; maybe there's a bit of an upper mids peak. The sound stage is definitely a bit narrow and "in your head", at least compared with the NightOwl. But I'm not complaining. The sound overall sounds like a step up from the NightOwl, like this is what the next "tier" sounds like and it should considering the price. I'm hearing a lot of detail and instrument separation.

I really want to hear the Radiance now. But I think I've finally found my NightOwl replacement.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #578 of 634
The Celestee is very amazing for its price imho. The detail is excellent. Love them.

Apr 6, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #579 of 634
Has someone else who use the Celestee since release (or atleast over a year) probelms with it?
My left driver died after just 7-Months and after 1-2 Hours use 3-4 times a week.

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #580 of 634
Has someone else who use the Celestee since release (or atleast over a year) probelms with it?
My left driver died after just 7-Months and after 1-2 Hours use 3-4 times a week.
Sorry to hear that! No problems with mine -- I passed them on to my daughter, who has been using them regularly and not being very gentle with them either. Sounds like bad luck, but it should be covered by warranty hopefully...

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #581 of 634
Sorry to hear that! No problems with mine -- I passed them on to my daughter, who has been using them regularly and not being very gentle with them either. Sounds like bad luck, but it should be covered by warranty hopefully...
Yeah, but I fight since 2-Weeks with my seller to get a replacement. It's a manufacturing failure from Focal.
In Germany you have the right to get a replacement or a repair and my seller can't repair the Celestee himself and will send him to Focal, but they can repair them up to 3-Times (?!) and it took over a month and I get no loaner for that time. I will a replacement and not a repair. It's a law in germany and my decison but they won't give me a replacement. My seller says the manufacturer needs to fix this. But it's not right in my case. I must get a replacement from my Seller and not from Focal. I have no contract with Focal in France.

You can choose here between Warranty (Manufacturer) and Gewährleistung (Seller).

My Seller told me that I'm the first with a broken Celestee. But it's still not my fault or problem.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #582 of 634
Yeah, but I fight since 2-Weeks with my seller to get a replacement. It's a manufacturing failure from Focal.
In Germany you have the right to get a replacement or a repair and my seller can't repair the Celestee himself and will send him to Focal, but they can repair them up to 3-Times (?!) and it took over a month and I get no loaner for that time. I will a replacement and not a repair. It's a law in germany and my decison but they won't give me a replacement. My seller says the manufacturer needs to fix this. But it's not right in my case. I must get a replacement from my Seller and not from Focal. I have no contract with Focal in France.

You can choose here between Warranty (Manufacturer) and Gewährleistung (Seller).

My Seller told me that I'm the first with a broken Celestee. But it's still not my fault or problem.
Yeah, I'd probably feel the same -- if there was a choice between a replacement and repair, I'd choose replacement. If the law says it's your choice, there must be some consumer protection authority that you could complain to -- probably in a German forum you could find out how.

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #583 of 634
Yeah, I'd probably feel the same -- if there was a choice between a replacement and repair, I'd choose replacement. If the law says it's your choice, there must be some consumer protection authority that you could complain to -- probably in a German forum you could find out how.
I have given the seller time until April 15th to send me a replacement. Until then it's a month where i can't use the headphones! If the seller doesn't want to, I have to sue him.

Apr 9, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #584 of 634
My replacement arrived today. So far he's working :)
Thanks to the German Law and now, finally to my seller I guess.
Wow, the Celestee is now without playtime really lacking Bass compared to my old used one. But it's just a matter of time to sound the same as before.

Did the change the headband adjustment? My old one doesn't had the ''click'' sound, the new has it. I'm pretty sure of that, I'm not that deaf :)

Apr 15, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #585 of 634
Sunk enough hours in with Celestee to give some impressions i think (30-40hours of listening)

I had the Elegia before, these are pretty different. They're a lot closer to the sound of the Clear than the Elegia, the bass has more punch and is much better overall. The Elegia bass to me was a little feeble, the Celestee sounds a lot more impressive in the low end, like the Clear, it's a punchy quality.

The Celestee is very detailed, vocals sound excellent. It has the focal timbre, and sounds less natural than the Clear, that is, the sound is more coloured by the Focal signature. At the same time, it's less coloured than Elegia.

The Celestee to me is a substantial upgrade over the Elegia, offering a better tonal balance and timbre.

The Celestee is also better than my other closed back, the P9 signature. It has greater clarity, detail, and a greater sense of depth and holographic placement.

The soundstage is small and reminds my of my campfire solaris IEMs. But its not a concern.

If the Clear is a 10/10 the Celestee is a 7/10 imo.

Oh and it's insanely good looking. It's the best looking headphone I've ever seen, Stellia included.
Putting in some quick listening time on some recently purchased Celestees and DAC/Amp while going thru some previous threads to compare impressions.
I agree with with your over all assessment on the sound,, while a appreciate your good taste, I'm partial to the MGs in the looks area :)
They actually do have a lil' soundstage when paired with HPA 280 FEs!:beerchug:

Attachments

• 20220415_174419 (2).jpg
    20220415_174419 (2).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back