Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 8, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #1,546 of 1,722
Been waiting for someone to test the use of UAPP volume control with the Bathys in wired DAC mode.

I’m considering purchase of an Android based music only player but want to make sure UAPP will allow volume control with the Bathy’s connected in wired DAC mode as opposed to the fixed max volume output most devices deliver through their digital out.

Would really appreciate verification that this works with UAPP!

Thanks,

Rich

I should have time to do this in a few hours after work.

Nov 8, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #1,547 of 1,722
Been waiting for someone to test the use of UAPP volume control with the Bathys in wired DAC mode.

I’m considering purchase of an Android based music only player but want to make sure UAPP will allow volume control with the Bathy’s connected in wired DAC mode as opposed to the fixed max volume output most devices deliver through their digital out.

Would really appreciate verification that this works with UAPP!

Thanks,

Rich
I just tried it with a few Android phones.

In Bit Perfect mode via Hardware Volume control, you unfortunately will eventually get that big dB "JUMP." However, I didn't find it nearly as bad compared to using BT directly with Android.

If you turn on Software Volume control (Bit Perfect mode must be off), you can set the Bathys to a set level and then reduce the dB up to 100 steps. This works really great, but I had trouble controlling it unless the UAPP app was on screen.

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #1,548 of 1,722
Why are you all butchering this beautiful bass? :) It's innocent, leave it alone.
The only eq I add is actually +2 to +3 at 62hz, with normal eq sound, and Mimi. That is my absolute go-to for the Bathys. I like, and want to hear my bass, clean, but still ever present.

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #1,549 of 1,722
The only eq I add is actually +2 to +3 at 62hz, with normal eq sound, and Mimi. That is my absolute go-to for the Bathys. I like, and want to hear my bass, clean, but still ever present.
Can you give a reference of music you are listening to. I want to try it.

Mine are in the signature

Nov 9, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #1,550 of 1,722
Can you give a reference of music you are listening to. I want to try it.

Mine are in the signature
Theo Crocker - Realize (Current trumpet player), Lana del Rey - Video Games, Terrace Martin - Valdez off Crenshaw (current jazz), Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody, Frank Sinatra - fly me to the moon. I like more meat on my music. I want to feel it. I want it clean and present, but a good low end conveys emotion, and that matters to me. I have good hearing, and higher frequencies get through on most headphones and iems I use, even with some extra bass, but it works with my hearing capabilities

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #1,551 of 1,722
Theo Crocker - Realize (Current trumpet player), Lana del Rey - Video Games, Terrace Martin - Valdez off Crenshaw (current jazz), Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody, Frank Sinatra - fly me to the moon. I like more meet on my music. I want to feel it. I want it clean and present, but a good low end conveys emotion, and that matters to me. I have good hearing, and higher frequencies get through on most headphones and iems I use, even with some extra bass, but it works with my hearing capabilities
Now I understand better. I wont recommend you my EQ at all😊👍

Nov 10, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #1,552 of 1,722
I am experiencing what I feared before purchasing:

Very bad microphone. Not build for outside use unless there is no wind.

I saw yesterday a new firmware was released. Hmm

Nov 13, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,555 of 1,722
It works, I think, with the Hiby or the UAPP-Player, but not with Apple Music. But I quit that service anyway.
Thanks! Did you happen to try it with Qobuz?

Sounds like volume control from an Android music player SHOULD work with the Bathys in wired DAC mode if you use UAPP.

Interesting you were able to get it to work on the Hiby (believe this is a DAP?) without using UAPP?

Appreciate your insight and information!

Rich

Nov 13, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #1,556 of 1,722
If UAPPs volume control over USB-C works with one Android device it should basically work with all.

Nov 13, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #1,557 of 1,722
I picked up a pair of Bathys on Saturday (for £550, a steal if I do say so!) and I'm absolutely loving the sound - my first "audiophile" pair of headphones (came from Philips Fidelio X3).

my only issue is the left ear seems to become quieter for a split second every time I take a step. has anybody else had this issue? I'm not sure if its the clamp force being too weak for my head (which would be odd considering I use the largest size of cycling helmet available in my local store) resulting in a loss of seal every time I take a step, or if its some other issue. odd.

first post on the site so if I'm doing anything wrong here I apologize! thank you for the interesting discussion. I've been glued to this thread for months.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 2:08 AM Post #1,558 of 1,722
I picked up a pair of Bathys on Saturday (for £550, a steal if I do say so!) and I'm absolutely loving the sound - my first "audiophile" pair of headphones (came from Philips Fidelio X3).

my only issue is the left ear seems to become quieter for a split second every time I take a step. has anybody else had this issue? I'm not sure if its the clamp force being too weak for my head (which would be odd considering I use the largest size of cycling helmet available in my local store) resulting in a loss of seal every time I take a step, or if its some other issue. odd.

first post on the site so if I'm doing anything wrong here I apologize! thank you for the interesting discussion. I've been glued to this thread for months.
cant say that i have that issue, the seal i solid on my part

Nov 19, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #1,559 of 1,722
I think I am going to sell my Astell SR25 and my Sennheiser HD700 and get an iPhone 15 - I can use the Bathys as a DAC for my MB Pro and use the USB C connection for lossless if I dont want to use the Onkyo app and the lossless files on the phone... I dont really see a use case for the SR25 anymore although it is nice having LDAC to my Sony WF5s.

I tried listening to my LG B9 tv last night with the standard handphone out to the HD700s then using the Bt to the Bathys and I still found the Bathys better tbh...

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #1,560 of 1,722
Thanks! Did you happen to try it with Qobuz?

Sounds like volume control from an Android music player SHOULD work with the Bathys in wired DAC mode if you use UAPP.

Interesting you were able to get it to work on the Hiby (believe this is a DAP?) without using UAPP?

Appreciate your insight and information!

Rich

No, dont't have Qobuz. But meanwhile, I managed to play music from the UAPP app, including volume control. Before, IF there was music audible, only in max volume. Not adjustable. But I had to reset the app, so it would initialise the Bathys again. Still no sound in USB-C mode with Tidal or Spotify though. Well, for Spotify it makes no sense anyway.
"Interesting you were able to get it to work on the Hiby (believe this is a DAP?) without using UAPP?"
I meant the Hiby app on the Hiby RS6 DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back