Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Dec 2, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #798 of 1,723
If you are serious about sound, don't even consider these. These are still far behind wired closed backs.
Until someday wireless transmission may transfer CD quality files, BT ANC headphones have almost no comparison to wired headphones.
Yes, I agree bathys is the best BT ANC headphones that sounds closest to wired closed backs, but still miles behind wired closed backs.
Apples and oranges, Bathys solves a completely different problem. Sure they may be behind sealed headphones in pure performance in perfectly quiet environment, but the fact that I can listen to hi-res lossless with noise canceling on a flight or the subway with this kind of SQ AND that I can travel / commute with them without a headphone amp sets them apart from a traditional setup in a bunch of ways.

Dec 3, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #799 of 1,723
There is any changelog of Bathys update?
LDAC is going to Bathys anytime soon?

Dec 3, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #800 of 1,723
Actually I’m trying and I think isn’t working

FFE97602-5B6C-4A45-A1AF-84F745860328.jpeg

edit: it works!!!
Received my BTD 600 today. But I had no chance to connect it with iPhone XS or iPad Pro (from 2018) and Bathys. I got the message "cannot use accessory, this accessory requires too much power." After that, the pairing with the Bathys works well (the LED is shines, like in the picture below), but I had no chance to hear any sound on the Bathys. Any idea what else I can do? How can I choose the BTD 600 on the iPhone? With my Mac the BTD 600 works fine.

Dec 3, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #801 of 1,723
Received my BTD 600 today. But I had no chance to connect it with iPhone XS or iPad Pro (from 2018) and Bathys. I got the message "cannot use accessory, this accessory requires too much power." After that, the pairing with the Bathys works well (the LED is shines, like in the picture below), but I had no chance to hear any sound on the Bathys. Any idea what else I can do? How can I choose the BTD 600 on the iPhone? With my Mac the BTD 600 works fine.
It works fine on my iPad Air 2022 from USB-C port, but could be that they have increased the power budget for USB-C for M1 and M2 powered devices. On iPhone 13 mini I need to use the USB-3 adapter with external power connected to it's lightning port (e.g. portable charger or power adapter). Someone wrote that a high-power adapter worked for them with a MAX version of the iPhone, but no idea if it will work with the normal or mini versions of iPhone.

Dec 3, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #802 of 1,723
Maybe is your lightning to usb not being otg?

Dec 3, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #806 of 1,723
Dumb question but you’re sure you have the Bathys on USB DAC mode? USB DAC mode shouldn’t be drawing any power at all, charging is disabled in that mode.

Dec 4, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #809 of 1,723
So i compare Bathys to Momentum 4 and Focal almost destroy Sennheisher headphones. SQ is way better in Bathys than M4.
Yes, price tag is also not on the same planet so it is pretty expected.

I heard some reviewers claim that M4 is better than both Bathys and PX8, which is of course a matter of preference but hardly the common opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back