Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 29, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #782 of 1,722
Basically, yes. The lightning input on my USB 3 adapter will be used to power the USB device instead of drawing power from the phone and the phone only delivers data over it's lightning port. It is kind of strange though as the BTD 600 will power up and connect to the headphones even after the message for too high power draw shows up on my iphone, but for some reason the iphone doesn't recognize the device. Using power, either from a socket or emergency charger works fine though. The BT-W4 doesn't power on over the USB 3 adapter at all without the extra power. Both the BT-W4 and the BTD 600 dongle works directly over USB-C with my ipad (2022 air).
I don't have the BTD 600 dongle, but the BT-W4 works without external power for some OTG adapters that allow higher current output (such as https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KLXM3T7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details). This is an on iPhone Pro Max. The volume steps with the Bathys are *huge* though (twice as big as with the iPhone's own bluetooth, and those are already too big).

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #783 of 1,722
So have had these and the PX8s for over a month each.

Initially I preferred the pX8s and from a style to wear outside I think these are better to wear and a slimmer profile. I still like them for some music but the Bathys have just got better each week.

Used the Bathys on the train for the first time today. Noise cancelling not as good as Sony xm5 or the px8 but is more than good enough to travel with.

The sound of these just keeps getting better as you break them in.

Others positives are these stay comfy for much longer. I don’t get hot ears (pX8 after an hour do).

Other positives:
No connection issues
DAC sound even better - so at least this is an option

I still prefer the look of my px8’s and the carry case is smaller and fits in my laptop bag easier.

I have sold my xm4 & xm5’s and going to keep both px8 (wife prefers these) and Bathys.

My preference for both sound and comfort are definitely the Bathys between the two.

But this is just yet another opinion!

Hope useful.

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #786 of 1,722
1201D88B-A6BF-4415-B690-1D7DD167BC01.jpeg

Discovering aptx adaptive on iPad Air

If with aac I prefered bathys to other options, now … this and the usb dac is pretty sweet

Dec 1, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #794 of 1,722
There is difference. For the better even the response is more even.. but out and about I think aac is not a problem.
When in use, which colour has the LED of the BTD 600? In the manual is stated, that the LED is pink when using apt-x. When zhe LED is white then the codec is SBC.

edit: just seen, that the app of the ipad shows apt-x. Does the app on the iphone also show apt-x?

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #795 of 1,722
When in use, which colour has the LED of the BTD 600? In the manual is stated, that the LED is pink when using apt-x. When zhe LED is white then the codec is SBC.
Pink and in the app also confirms aptx adaptive

edit: also spl is insane on aptx. You can enter the im going deaf realm…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back