Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #721 of 1,723
Blegh. DHL dragging the chain getting Bathys stock to my dealer - was scheduled for arrival today but DHL had other ideas. Hopefully tomorrow.

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #722 of 1,723
Something that I'm really happy with the Bathys, aside of the DAC Mode per se, it's the ability to use microphone in DAC mode with my mac for videoconferencing and calls. Really this is very useful, is something that is very complicated to build with a DAC/AMP. This works very straight forward, I love it.
I don't remember if there is other headphone that has this feature, I have the H95, Momentum3, PX7, MW65 and none of those have this feature.
I don't know if it works on my phone (s21ultra), I will test it in a moment.

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #723 of 1,723
Something that I'm really happy with the Bathys, aside of the DAC Mode per se, it's the ability to use microphone in DAC mode with my mac for videoconferencing and calls. Really this is very useful, is something that is very complicated to build with a DAC/AMP. This works very straight forward, I love it.
I don't remember if there is other headphone that has this feature, I have the H95, Momentum3, PX7, MW65 and none of those have this feature.
Is it very important to you that your videocalls are through a good DAC? :)

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #725 of 1,723
Hahaha, no actually. My point was that I can listening using dac mode and also answer a call in my mac without the need to switch to bluetooth, its comfortable.
Yes. Very convenient. Same feature offered by e.g. the B&W PX8.

Nov 18, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #727 of 1,723
The best wireless headphone I've heard so far. Granted I haven't heard many. The PX8 is a very close second! The only other ones I have heard (and own, they were a gift) are the Beats Studio 3...and they are not great as expected. Not as bad as previous Beats but they are nowhere near the price that they sell for. The ANC is decent, no issues connecting to my android (I'm sure it works and sounds better on iPhone), battery life is decent and for me, they are relatively comfortable. But nothing like the Bathys or PX8

Nov 18, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #728 of 1,723
Ya totally agree! I have MS teams call my phone and use the Bathys now instead of the ghetto ass work headset. People say I sound crystal clear

Nov 18, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #729 of 1,723
The best wireless headphone I've heard so far. Granted I haven't heard many. The PX8 is a very close second! The only other ones I have heard (and own, they were a gift) are the Beats Studio 3...and they are not great as expected. Not as bad as previous Beats but they are nowhere near the price that they sell for. The ANC is decent, no issues connecting to my android (I'm sure it works and sounds better on iPhone), battery life is decent and for me, they are relatively comfortable. But nothing like the Bathys or PX8
Totally agree that they are great. I only have TWS buds though :)

I’ve heard people say burn in isn’t real but I can’t help but feel like the sound is greatly improved after maybe 100 hours or so.

They also feel more comfortable. Maybe I’m just wearing them differently or the ear cups have gotten softer or something. I bought a little knitted thingie off of eBay for the piece that goes around the top of my head and that’s nice.

I like the ANC too. I keep it on the minimum level on the theory that maybe the sound is a little better unless the kids are going crazy.

Nov 20, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #731 of 1,723
Totally agree that they are great. I only have TWS buds though :)

I’ve heard people say burn in isn’t real but I can’t help but feel like the sound is greatly improved after maybe 100 hours or so.

They also feel more comfortable. Maybe I’m just wearing them differently or the ear cups have gotten softer or something. I bought a little knitted thingie off of eBay for the piece that goes around the top of my head and that’s nice.

I like the ANC too. I keep it on the minimum level on the theory that maybe the sound is a little better unless the kids are going crazy.
When I tested the Bathys I found them to be quite comfortable around the ears, but a little harder at the top of my head. I was wearing a hat. I also tried the Px8, and found those to be equally (if not just a little more) comfortable despite having more clamp force. I have small ears which makes a difference I think

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #732 of 1,723
When I tested the Bathys I found them to be quite comfortable around the ears, but a little harder at the top of my head. I was wearing a hat. I also tried the Px8, and found those to be equally (if not just a little more) comfortable despite having more clamp force. I have small ears which makes a difference I think
I bought one of these on eBay and it made a huge difference “Hand Woven Pure Wool Headband Cushion For FOCAL Spirit, Utopia, Elear Headphone”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254126561513

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #733 of 1,723
I bought one of these on eBay and it made a huge difference “Hand Woven Pure Wool Headband Cushion For FOCAL Spirit, Utopia, Elear Headphone”

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254126561513
Did you get the purple or light green? :)
It is great that those products exist, but it says something about many headphone manufacturers poor sense of ergonomic design. How hard can it be to add a few extra grams of padding, especially on an expensive product like Bathys?

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #734 of 1,723
Did you get the purple or light green? :)
It is great that those products exist, but it says something about many headphone manufacturers poor sense of ergonomic design. How hard can it be to add a few extra grams of padding, especially on an expensive product like Bathys?
Ha yeah - I got black and it still looks stupid.

I just got an AK SP3000 and had the opportunity to try Aptx with the Bathys. Sounds awesome

Nov 20, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #735 of 1,723
Ha yeah - I got black and it still looks stupid.

I just got an AK SP3000 and had the opportunity to try Aptx with the Bathys. Sounds awesome
Damn it. I decided to keep my B&W PX8 and skip the Bathys. Might need to own them both…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back