Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Nov 11, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #661 of 1,723
So, my Meenova Cable arrived today. It works fine, but sometimes after I have connected it to the iPhone and put the button to DAC and start the music, then the music comes from the iPhone speakers. Then I have to pull the cable out of the iPhone an replug it. Then it always works fine. Another difference to the hidizs OTG Adapter, that I also use, is that after connecting with the adapter on the Display of the iPhone appears that this accessory requires too much power. This notification disappears immediately when I put the button to DAC. With the Meenova Cable tis notification does not appear.

Nov 11, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #663 of 1,723
So, my Meenova Cable arrived today. It works fine, but sometimes after I have connected it to the iPhone and put the button to DAC and start the music, then the music comes from the iPhone speakers. Then I have to pull the cable out of the iPhone an replug it. Then it always works fine. Another difference to the hidizs OTG Adapter, that I also use, is that after connecting with the adapter on the Display of the iPhone appears that this accessory requires too much power. This notification disappears immediately when I put the button to DAC. With the Meenova Cable tis notification does not appear.
Generally I have to put it in DAC mode before connecting with apple's camera adapters and then it works fine. If I switch while connected it will draw too much current for a short moment.

Nov 12, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #664 of 1,723
Hoping to have my Bathys Thursday having auditioned it yesterday, for me the wait for the arrival of a great sounding wireless can has felt very long indeed.

Nov 12, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #666 of 1,723
I had a similar reaction, I tried Stellia at a shop while having Clear at home. I fully expected the Clear to be better due to it's open back nature, and Stellia to be more of an indulgent luxury product. An hour later I was looking for deals on the Stellia and contemplating the insane act of dropping 3k on a pair of headphones.
Most expensive mistake I made was testing the Stellia’s when at the shop comparing the Celestee and Radiance… Happy mistake to be sure though.

Nov 12, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #667 of 1,723
Damn I feel I’m feeling in love with bathys. The more I listen to them the more I leave px8 on the desk… will be a revealing weekend for me to decide. But I guess I I’ve already decided….
I am starting to regret that I returned mine. And now I see I BNIB pair for sale for $590 on the Swedish equivalent of eBay…
Damn it.
Maybe even worth a headband cover.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #668 of 1,723
Love listening to mine while I'm working from home when I'm not using my near field monitors. Walking around my home listening music or when I'm doing my daily walks outside with the ANCa on full silent, I absolutely love mine.

Nov 12, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #670 of 1,723
I got COVID so Im in bed for 4 dags. Bathys on DAC mode has been on.
Use the org usb-C. Has anyone try a "better" cable on bathys with greater result??
What would be ”better” exactly? In essence, this is a digital signal of ones and zeros, as long as you dont get any weird physical noise from it (rubbing up on your clothes or so) the cable should be fine.

Nov 12, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #671 of 1,723
What would be ”better” exactly? In essence, this is a digital signal of ones and zeros, as long as you dont get any weird physical noise from it (rubbing up on your clothes or so) the cable should be fine.

^ This. Providing cable is of reasonable build quality basically any compatible cable should be fine. Zero reason to expect a different result from another cable. The likes of Audioquest will of course claim different, and people spending serious money on them will of course claim to hear the lifting of veils etc, but aside from aesthetics and handling no rational reason to change. I will likely use one of my braided USB-C cables because they handle better - less prone to kinks, and look better besides.

Nov 12, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #672 of 1,723
Most expensive mistake I made was testing the Stellia’s when at the shop comparing the Celestee and Radiance… Happy mistake to be sure though.
It's one of those suprising moments in audio when diminishing returns doesn't seem to be a thing? I went to the store to try Celestee, then saw Stellia and thought, eh, lets see. 'Probably going to be like 10% better'.
My face trying it :0

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #673 of 1,723
It's one of those suprising moments in audio when diminishing returns doesn't seem to be a thing? I went to the store to try Celestee, then saw Stellia and thought, eh, lets see. 'Probably going to be like 10% better'.
😔

*unzip…..wallet

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #674 of 1,723
I was reading the Bathys reviews above, and decided to listen to some of the test songs they used. I put on the Branford Marsalis and Andy Bey songs the reviewer mentioned. I don’t even like Branford Marsalis (or thought I didn’t). But 2 1/2 hours later, having gone down the rabbit hole including all of American Song by Andy Bey and 2 additional albums by Branford Marsalis, I was literally torn back to reality (and parenting) when my wife walked into the bedroom asking where I’d been all evening (nowhere - just real quiet 😳). The headphones are literally transporting…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back