Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Jan 8, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #931 of 1,720
thank you so much for testing them again, in answer to your questions I haven't had them long, I have been using them for about 15 hours so far i reckon, I will keep running them for the burn in. I don't really listen to super loud music most of the time but it's nice to know I have the power there if I need it, the clipping or distortion just ruins the immersion for me.

Strangely I forgot I have apple music and am running some tests with that to see If I still get the clipping,

Ah I should have also said that everything I am playing is from Apple Music.

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #932 of 1,720
I did burn mine in for 48-72 hours when I first bought them. In general I do not believe burn in makes a significant difference to the sound of a headphone but the Bathy's tell you to burn them in so I did because I didn't want to risk not having the intended audio experience with them even if I do not put much stock in the process. I played music through them for 72 hours over the first few days. I tried them before starting the burn in and did feel a change in the frequency response afterwards. Is there any chance that might explain the difference? Likely not but just a thought.
I look at the "burn in" as a process that allows the drivers to reach their optimum flexibility. Unless the manufacturer says their driver materials are optimum out of the box, the break in process makes sense to me. With my Elegias (same driver as Bathys) I found that after 100 hours there was no further change in the sound quality.

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #934 of 1,720
I look at the "burn in" as a process that allows the drivers to reach their optimum flexibility. Unless the manufacturer says their driver materials are optimum out of the box, the break in process makes sense to me. With my Elegias (same driver as Bathys) I found that after 100 hours there was no further change in the sound quality.
This is interesting. But you heard a difference between, say, 90 and 95 hours? :)

Jan 8, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #941 of 1,720
This is interesting. But you heard a difference between, say, 90 and 95 hours? :)
I would say that I stopped trying to hear tiny differences afrer 75 hours. 100 hours was suggested in case there are folks out there with more golden ears than mine :)

Jan 8, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #942 of 1,720
No, thank you. :) Once you start having tinnitus you become extra careful with your ears.
Also, us 70+ folks have to take every precaution not to exacerbate the inevitable hearing loss in the 5 Khz and above frequencies

Jan 8, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #943 of 1,720
Jan 9, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #945 of 1,720
Lead singer in a rock band here. Also have worked in professional motorsport for 30 years.

Should be no shock to anyone I have SAVAGE tinnitus. Protect your hearing, kids. Wear plugs even when you think you don't need them.
Haha yes totally agree there!! I have decided that just keep the volume at 70% and stop moaning, the headphones sound great on the whole!! 😊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back