Focal Bathys - Wireless ANC Over-Ear Headphone
Feb 7, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #1,666 of 1,720
The 1.5-2 seconds between starting an audio source and it actually playing on Windows 11 is starting to really annoy me. Did anyone find a work-around? Hopefully, if it is firmware related (because I don't remember this happening before), there will be a fix soon.

Sound is just unreal with Mimi at 33% and a little tweak of the EQ to taste. I've never heard anything better and I've been to a lot of head-fi meets where people chased $1.5k headphones around with a plethora of $2k DACs and amps desperately trying to get a natural tonality. Personalized audio is the future, for sure.
I've spent hours chasing a workaround, it is for sure a firmware issue waiting to be fixed since 2 to 3 months.

Quite interesting feedback about Mimi, I've never really tried it because I think it is very abstract to adjust its level on a percentage scale, I'll try it in the next few days !

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #1,667 of 1,720
I've spent hours chasing a workaround, it is for sure a firmware issue waiting to be fixed since 2 to 3 months.

Quite interesting feedback about Mimi, I've never really tried it because I think it is very abstract to adjust its level on a percentage scale, I'll try it in the next few days !
Percentage scale is better than just on and off. It might be easier to find your preferred level

Feb 18, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #1,671 of 1,720
Hello. Does Mimi boost the bass at all?

Thanks!
Depends on your hearing, low frequency hearing loss much less common than high frequency (usually only in context of more profound deafness), so for vast majority I would not expect a boost in bass.

Feb 18, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #1,672 of 1,720
Depends on your hearing, low frequency hearing loss much less common than high frequency (usually only in context of more profound deafness), so for vast majority I would not expect a boost in bass.
Precisely. Mimi is a hearing test that then employs EQ to restore what it can of frequencies your responses indicate you have partially lost. Then you can apply EQ to suit your taste on top of that.

I am pretty sure it cannot restore frequencies you have completely lost the ability to hear, but instead boosts those where you still have some ability to hear.

Feb 18, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #1,673 of 1,720
Solitaire T costs twice as much, tiny difference is not worth doubling the price. Then you might just as well buy wired headphones to get even more out of it

The Solitaire T (ST) is costing double in the the USA ($800 vs $1600); here in Europe the Bathys costing 800 EUR and the ST 1300 EUR (not double price but about 60% more).

About a better choice being buying a wired-only headphone and not the ST, probably not true because people looking at the Bathys, iO-12 or ML 5909 are looking for a BT and/or ANC headphone. The ST, in difference with the Bathys, is offering a truly full passive (wired-only) mode, an excellent wired-only headphone with VERY good ANC performance, the only ANC headphone, by the way, that is offering a really very close tonal balance between between wired-only and BT modes (the Bathys and several others ANC headphones don't offering wired-only option).

In wired-only mode, several ST owners, with experience of others wired-only (very) expensive headphones, reporting that the performance is excellent, like a very good wired-only headphone that don't have BT or ANC capabilities (I personally using my ST for one year primarily in BT mode). T+A (manufacturer of the ST) first designing the ST like a very good wired-only headphone and then they adding the BT and ANC aspects -- and one of the two ST BT modes, "Hight Quality" mode, is unique in its tech to all BT and ANC headphones, with truly excellent sound.

So, the ST is, in fact, a great 2 in 1 headphone, and in that case maybe not so (extremely) expensive like some people thinking. Several ST owners using the only-wired mode (3.5mm single ended or 4.4mm balanced) more than the BT and ANC modes, this last modes they using for travelling or similar occasions.

(** After one year I selling my ST and buying the iO-12 and deciding keeping the iO-12 for reasons that are very personal for me. The ST and iO-12, in my view, are the best two sounding ANC headphones in the market today [and I owning the Bathys, ML 5909, H95, PX8, AirPods Max and several others expensive ANC headphones] **)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #1,674 of 1,720
Wow, I didn't think there was anything out there that could out-perform the Bathys. I might have to try the iO-12...

Feb 18, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #1,675 of 1,720
Wow, I didn't think there was anything out there that could out-perform the Bathys. I might have to try the iO-12...
Absolutely worth trying. The IO-12 are quite a step above IMO.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #1,676 of 1,720
Hi when I’m not on the move I am using my Bathys with 3.5mm audio to Mojo 2/Poly and it is the best sound by far to my ears. Anyone else using the 3.5mm connection to a DAC?

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #1,678 of 1,720
Hi when I’m not on the move I am using my Bathys with 3.5mm audio to Mojo 2/Poly and it is the best sound by far to my ears. Anyone else using the 3.5mm connection to a DAC?
I use Focal Clear/Elegia with my Mojo2+Poly but I did try Bathys just for fun. Not 3.5mm though!
The mconnect app I use was streaming music from Poly SD card and redirecting to my mobile. Bathys was just connected to it.

As for DAC use, I do use Bathys 3.5mm to RME ADI-2 DAC FS most of times when gaming. USB-C is only used when playing with a Steam Deck away from the tv.
I think they sound even better via DAC, RME makes their sound less bloated and lighter in a way.

Currently playing Elden Ring and they are the perfect companion!
I just swap to Clear/Elegia when playing games with super-soundtrack.

Octopath Traveler 2 soundtrack felt incredible with the Clears. Will probably use them with the incoming FF7 Rebirth.
Returning to Bathys, they are laid back yet punchy enough to find them enjoyable with any game - especially when there are repetitive sounds/explosions.

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #1,679 of 1,720
Why i have no sound using Bathys via USB in Tidal Exclusive mode? My phone is Samsung Fold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back