Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Feb 17, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #1,636 of 1,708
I bought from Amazon renewed and unit was listed as like new. It arrived and was still paired to previous owner’s device. I did a factory reset.
I’m connected to IPhone 12 and either Apple Music or Qobuz and understand the limitations of that setup.
One thing I’m noticing is that when I walk around it sounds like there is parts movement within the unit especially on the left side. It is possible it’s the ANC responding to the sound of my foot hitting ground. Either way not cool and I’ll probably send back. Question is what I stick with for wireless option.
I'm also considering Mark Levinson 5909 and T+A Solitaire T (probably used).
I hear nothing like that even if I jump up and down on a hard surface while wearing the Bathys. You probably got a severely damaged headphone. "Renewed" obviously means it wasn't, which is a very common problem when buying anything in that category of products from Amazon! I seriously doubt that it was "renewed" by Focal; it was probably repackaged by the seller, who didn't even bother to reset it or figure out if there was anything done to it by the previous owner. Don't blame the Bathys for the damage.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #1,637 of 1,708
I hear nothing like that even if I jump up and down on a hard surface while wearing the Bathys. You probably got a severely damaged headphone. "Renewed" obviously means it wasn't, which is a very common problem when buying anything in that category of products from Amazon! I seriously doubt that it was "renewed" by Focal; it was probably repackaged by the seller, who didn't even bother to reset it or figure out if there was anything done to it by the previous owner. Don't blame the Bathys for the damage.
Totally. Very poor process. Not blaming Focal at all. Thanks for confirming your experience.
Take a look at

Dali IO-12​

Probably the best sound
Better than T+A ST?

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #1,641 of 1,708
Audio46 is great. I've dealt with them in the past and had no hassles on my return.

Feb 24, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #1,642 of 1,708
Can anyone tell me if there is information regarding the replacement of the battery? When it dies, what can we do to replace it? Has Focal said anything about this?
I haven’t bought Bathys yet, but this issue is important to me.
Thanks

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #1,645 of 1,708
The headphones have to go back to Focal for battery replacement, but as noted, that will be a long time from now.

Feb 25, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #1,647 of 1,708
(Out of topic)
I bought for myself a Phillips shaver when i turned 18. It had a rechargeable battery. I used that shaver for 15 years, and even when I stopped using it, the battery was still working very very well. I'm not sure how that is possible, but definitely a quality product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back