Focal Bathys Hi-Fi Bluetooth & ANC Headphones: Early Impressions
Mar 10, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #1,666 of 1,708
I just bought today at CanJam the suade pads brand new from Dekoni. I quite like the improved comfort and the sound signature. Y demoed them there with some Bathys they had but now in the hotel I am using mines and quite good. They also had some new sheepskin, I was not able to demoed does but looked good.
For Bathys??
Can you please, give more details about?
Thank you in advance

Mar 10, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #1,667 of 1,708
In the fall, per some posts, Dekoni said they were working on Bathys pads for 2024 Q1 release, so it looks like they were showing them this week, and maybe there will be something available soon. It would be nice if they were real leather and/or an alcantara/velour type fabric, and don't ruin the sound...

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #1,669 of 1,708
Can anyone tell me, please ( if possible ) how to set as default, the AAC codec on Android ?
Everytime I start the Focal Bathys, aptX is default.
I have to go into the Developer Options and set it back to AAC.
By the way, which one do you prefer?
Thank you in advance
AptX / Adaptive is so far ahead on Android than AAC on Apple. AAC is restricted to Apple devices which is why I use Bathys DAC mode + cable on iPhone (15).

Mar 12, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #1,670 of 1,708
Here you guys. They were selling them at CanJam. I have not yet decided if I fully like the sound or not. This are the velour.
View attachment IMG_1503.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #1,671 of 1,708
Well, I pre-ordered the Elite Sheepskin version from BHphoto... Based on reviews of the other Dekoni pads for wired Focal headphones, that version is likely to be most similar to the stock pads. At least I hope so!

Mar 15, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #1,673 of 1,708
From the BHphoto website, looks like it'll be a few weeks before they're available. Maybe Dekoni will drop off pads at BHphoto after CanJam in NYC...

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #1,674 of 1,708
Just see the canjam new york show report by ecoustics. Looks like Focal will release a new headphone this year. Although still no rumours or any information yet, according to ecoustics' report, I guess it will be either the new Stellia, or the new Bathys. From the report, "it expect these new models will do very well for the brand and will expand their audience." , and current reduced price of bathys, I think it will be more possible a new bathys. Hope focal will make a wired version of bathys and sound as good as Celestee at least. At 799 retail for portable headphones, it also should use even better materials. (similar to beoplay, b&w) The first bathys let me down. Hope the new version gets better.

Mar 20, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #1,675 of 1,708
Just see the canjam new york show report by ecoustics. Looks like Focal will release a new headphone this year. Although still no rumours or any information yet, according to ecoustics' report, I guess it will be either the new Stellia, or the new Bathys. From the report, "it expect these new models will do very well for the brand and will expand their audience." , and current reduced price of bathys, I think it will be more possible a new bathys. Hope focal will make a wired version of bathys and sound as good as Celestee at least. At 799 retail for portable headphones, it also should use even better materials. (similar to beoplay, b&w) The first bathys let me down. Hope the new version gets better.
Been toying with the idea of flogging my Bathys for a while now. Probably best to do it before the new version comes out and the price of mine goes through the floor.

Mar 20, 2024 at 8:17 PM Post #1,676 of 1,708
My bet is that the Bathys will not be replaced for a few more years. Focal's replacement timeframe for the Clear and Utopia was longer than it would be for replacing the relatively new Bathys at this point. And I suspect that any replacement will include WiFi access and not bandwidth-limited Bluetooth. And probably be significantly more expensive.

Here's the ecoustics show teaser: "I also got a private screening of some new Focal headphones coming later this year. I can’t reveal details yet but from a quick look and listen, I expect these new models will do very well for the brand and will expand their audience. Stay tuned for more details to come."

I think that means less expensive headphones, which would "expand" the audience. High priced stuff doesn't bring in many new buyers. But of course we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #1,677 of 1,708
The Bathys is highly marketed and IMO over rated but quite successful. I think it will be 2 or 3 yrs before there's and update and by that time true wireless may have landed.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #1,678 of 1,708
I think that means less expensive headphones, which would "expand" the audience. High priced stuff doesn't bring in many new buyers. But of course we'll have to wait and see.
If the new headphone is even lower than bathys, I will most likely skip. But since focal is focusing on high end headphones, in less expensive market, and if current bathys stay, I guess it will be a wired closed back version, or open back version of bathys, price similar to current bathys. Then "expand" the audience will make sense. Sort of an entry level headphones. Similar to upgraded elear or elex. If this is the case, I am a little disappointed. Beside bathys, I wish focal to release a new Stellia. I will wait and see.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #1,679 of 1,708
Bloom Audio has the pads in stock. I changed my order to them (from BHphoto).

And they have a frequency response graph on the page.

dekoni-bathys-chart.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back